December 2022 Moms
Options

Insane Itching at Night??

Anyone else experiencing insane itching at night?? It's the craziest thing I've experienced yet and Idk what to do about it. I'm already being tested for cholestasis but all of my blood work has come back fine, still waiting on the bile acids test though. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's almost like a tingling itch that just hops around on my feet, legs and now my upper arms. I literally cannot ignore it and try to satisfy it by scratching with a hairbrush🥲 If you are, what are you using to help with it? It's already so hard to fall asleep without having this added to the mix also

Re: Insane Itching at Night??

• Options
    pandagirl1990pandagirl1990 member
    edited November 2022
    I had that with my second child (and again with this one but I've been monitored for it because I had it last time so I got a prescription that stopped the itching early) it was cholesrasis everything was fine for me except my blood bile levels got call to come in an be induced asap with the last child this one im scedualed for induction next week. I called and asked my doctor what to do while I waited and they told me to take a benadryl at night before bed. 
  • Options
    I’ve got itching at night in my armpits. Weird presentation but they were testing for choleatasis too just to be safe. Waiting on the bile acid to come back, but everything else looked fine. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well my bile acids came back normal so my OB said we can only blame the baby for this one😅 I tried Benadryl and it honestly helped a lot, thank you!! It's good to know our OBs are being extra cautious 😌
  • Options
    Yay! Glad you’re in the clear. Mine came back above normal, so I’m getting induced Sunday. 😬 (normal is under 10, mine were 25.) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! I don't know how many weeks you are but on the bright side you get to see your baby soon! I hope everything goes well❤️ 
  • Options
    Thanks! I’ll be 38 weeks Monday, so baby should be completely fine regarding breathing and all that! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    They’ve been monitoring me for cholestasis since 27 weeks due to a horrible rash. Later they diagnosed it at puppps however they kept treating me and testing for cholestasis throughout. My bile acids are now 9.9 so my ob is inducing me Sunday as well at 37 weeks + 3. I’ve been itchy since 27 weeks and that’s the exact itch I’ve felt since the rash went away. I’m not sure how far along you are but have them keep checking you.