1st Trimester
Options

Brownish/Light Red Discharge

Hello.

I’m 6 weeks today and this is my first pregnancy. My husband and I aren’t telling a soul until after our first prenatal appointment and I just have so many questions.

At least 3 days over the past week I had brownish to light red discharge in my panty liner, very similar to what I used to experience at the tail end of my cycles. It’s not a lot each time. It ranged from a dime size to less than halfway of filling the liner.

Is this normal?

I just want to make sure everything is okay.

Re: Brownish/Light Red Discharge

• Options
    Hello, I hope everything is ok with you and the baby! I’m experiencing the same bleeding right now and so worried! How is everything going? Did you get any answers?
  • Options
    I had the same almost same time. I would say it’s normal, apparently it’s possible to get this kind of ”fake period” during early Pregnancy. Even later bleeding can be because of many non-serious reasons. I have had slight bleeding almost all this time during my Pregnancy, now 16 weeks, and everything has been checked and confirmed to be normal, and the baby is doing well.

I would say a reason for concern is when the bleeding is really heavy and you have pain. But sometimes Even heavy bleeding doesn’t mean miscarriage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello! I’m 5 weeks, I’ve also been having some light spotting (light pink and brown) usually only when I wipe. During my expected period it was a litter heavier but never got on my undies or panty liner only when I peed and wiped. My doc said if it didn’t come with intense cramps or I wasn’t filling a large pad it’s most likely implantation bleeding. Of course I panicked.. and googled every possible scenario.. I don’t recommend that.