Pregnant after 35

Prepping for first ultrasound. Got deets or tips to share?

Today I am 5 weeks and 3 days along, and my first appointment is booked for 02-Dec which will be 8 weeks for me based on the first day of my last period. I’m 38 and have no existing medical conditions outside of working on my weight pre-pregnancy. I weigh about 176 pounds and I’m 5’6” tall.

The office said the first visit is ultrasound only and two weeks later I have an appointment for my first bloodwork and sit down with the OB. Anyone care to share the deets of their first couple appointments to help me prepare? Like, will the first ultrasound be external or transvaginal? I assume TV. How is that? I’m hoping the little bean will be situated snugly in the proper location. I have been having some cramps, it usually only around the time I need to empty my bowels and nothing alarming about the frequency or intensity. Also, no spotting at all thus far.

Thanks!!

Re: Prepping for first ultrasound. Got deets or tips to share?

• My first ultrasound was transvaginal at 8 weeks. I believe I also did blood tests that same day to confirm pregnancy. My second appointment was at 12 weeks for an external ultrasound.
  • mybimbamybimba member
    I refused transvaginaland any other invasive testing. First appointment had bloodwork and husband answered most questions because I didn't feel like talking.