1st Trimester
Options

5 weeks pregnant-anxious af

Has anyone gotten inconsistent results/lines past 5 weeks?

I know I should stop testing but the very start of my pregnancy has had much anxiety around it-I was originally told it was a biochemical pregnancy with very low starting numbers, then most likely ectopic as my hcg started to rise, and had multiple beta hcg tests that continued to rise appropriately… now at 5 weeks 1 day and now the thought is I ovulated and implanted later. At my ultrasound they saw a gestational sac and my hcg was at 1423. I have another test and ultrasound scheduled for Monday, but the last few days the lines on my tests have ranged from dark to light.

#adviceplease #anxious #earlypregnancy

Re: 5 weeks pregnant-anxious af

• Options
    Yes STOP TESTING! the lines are not quantitive! The amount of dye is the tartness not the hgc levels.  A line is a line.  The ultrasound showed promising signs, now just don't test and see what your next ultrasound shows. 
  • Options
    Hello,
    I'm 4w6d and I'm also so anxious as i had a biochemical in October. I test every day with one step strips , but from a little research they are not getting really dark as fast as other tests. Tomorrow is my 3rd hcg . First was 26.8 and 3 days later 98,41. But i think my strips aren't getting any darker and this makes me feel like something bad is going to happen again 😭😭
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @elli13 Again, PG tests are QUALITATIVE, not QUANTITATIVE.  STOP Testing!!!!  HCG doubling is pretty much the only thing you can do right now to see if your PG is progressing normally.  
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    @stormageddon-darklordofall  If you’re annoyed by their question then maybe don’t answer it. :) You sound like you’re getting a little too angry about this. They’re just nervous moms like we have been before. No need to scream at people.  
  • Options
    Stop testing at home- sounds like it is causing more stress- like the other posters said - pregnancy tests just tell you you are or aren’t pregnant- not how pregnant or healthy your pregnancy is- use the hcg and dr advice for that.

it’s scary after a loss, but take it from someone who has been there the constant testing will only cause more stress/ hard news- even if you had a miscarriage it could still be giving you false hope- your hcg numbers look good- stick with that
  • Options
    @lilswed Yes! I couldn’t put this into words earlier but agree so much. 
  • Options
    @annemarie96 Not yelling, enunciating.  People really need to stop using PG tests as 'darkening strips' as that's not what they're for, and not how they work.  It only is causing them more stress and nerves.  
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    Once again, as stated before:  a test is a test for yes or no! NIT FOR HOW DARK THE LINE IS!