March 2023 Moms
Options

weekly randoms 11/7

Whatever you've had bottled up all week, share it here!

Image of what I wish I were drinking right now ... I'll be so happy when I move back to the US and have egg nog at this time of year again! (I'm a serious guzzler) 

Easy Homemade Non-Alcoholic Eggnog Recipe  The Recipe Critic

Re: weekly randoms 11/7

• Options
    @missmuisq I've been trying my hand at selling some items on there too. I've already had two scammers who were so easy to catch lol

Bright side,  going through all these items I'm trying to organize I found all of my nursing clothes, my pumping bag and my first diaper bag from my previous pregnancy 5 years ago! It was in a pile I was planning to donate and not even look through lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is with these scammers!?! I had that, too! We’re selling my husbands desk and I had two back to back scammers. Finally sold it to a normal person the other day and I literally told her “thank you for being a real person who isn’t a scammer” 😂
  • Options
    What are some stocking stuffer ideas for kids 7/8 & 2/3? I hate getting little useless things that make clutter. So I was thinking like mini bars, bubbles. I have no idea lol 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 what about socks? We always get each other socks and undies. My son has holes in all his socks and definitely needs new ones!
  • Options
    @cheznet oh socks is a good one, adding to list 
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I second socks. Because I am a knitter, I do hand-knit socks in stockings for hubby, DD, and I, but the rest of the family gets fun store-bought socks. Growing up, my parents did DVDs for everyone. I've also seen toiletries like chapstick or fun-smelling deodorant or mini shampoo.
  • Options
    For stockings, I tend to go with one or two things I know she’ll get hyped about. But the rest of the items are things like hair clips, chapstick, gloves or socks, stickers… little things I know she’ll use but don’t need a big wrapping. A big hit for my daughter is a gift card to Target or an ice cream place- SO much joy! 
  • Options
    Growing up for stocking stuffers we got candy, new toothbrushes, small gift cards, chapstick, socks and gloves for sure. I am really logic brained so I got sudoku and puzzle books. My sister is really artistic so she got paint brushes, paint, stamp sets, etc. when I was littler we got mini play doh tubs in our stockings which were my fav! 
  • Options
    Hey everyone!! I found out the genders of the twins! 
  • Options
    @k_keyser1996 great! Are you going to tell us?
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 that’s hilarious!! 

My husband was gone all week and he finally came back last night and I forgot how hard sleeping next to another person is 😂
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul my husband started sleeping in the guest room when he want back to work after our first daughter was born and he ended up just staying there even when we moved. It's lonely sometimes butoat nights it's so much better. We're even planning to build him a separate room when we rebuild the house.

It's really nice having a space that's 100% yours. You can decorate and make it however you want. The energy isn't ruined by theirs. 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul My husband has the flu now so he’s been banished to his office for the past two nights and it’s been nice to control the TV and sleep times 🤣
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul Hubby and I sleep in the same bed, but in a way that lets us have space. Neither of us is a cuddler. We even have our own blankets because I like soft microfleece and he prefers thick wool or knits. Neither of us is big into decorating so our room is barebones - so no fights there. We normally go to sleep/wake up at separate times (I'm a morning person and in the Navy but he is a night owl) so one of our "treats" is taking a nap together and falling asleep holding hands.

The cats (2) are really our sleep companions. When I'm underway with the Navy, I'll stick a bunch of clothes or an extra blanket at the bottom of my rack so that I can pretend it is my cat sleeping on my feet. It helps me fall asleep faster.
  • Options
    @cheznet identical twin boys! 
  • Options
    Anyone else having problems with the app? Maybe it's just me but I haven't been able to reply to anything the past couple weeks.
    We're on our 2nd round of the flu in the last month. I cannot wait for this cold and flu season to be over. My kids are missing more school than they're attending at this point
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I have the issue on and off. I fix it by logging on through the browser and commenting and it resets the app somehow. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I had the same problem a while ago. I changed my password and logged out and it seemed to reset. When it was stuck it kept thinking I was logged in even if I logged out. 

Sorry to hear about all the illness. Hopefully the end of flu season is in sight. I heard it started earlier this year so maybe it will end earlier too. 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I’m sorry about the illnesses! We are just getting over a round of flu/assorted respiratory virus (I have something not flu, H and DS had flu) and DD had RSV last month. The school tuition we have wasted makes me want to vomit. I am over it as well. I hope this is it for you and the rest of winter is healthy and uneventful. 

I just bought my first nonreturnable item for baby (me) today. Legendairy milk has 25% off so I splurged on some pumping cups. Now I’m afraid I jinxed things because it’s not refundable ($50 so not end of the world). It’s weird the things that make you anxious in pregnancy. 
  • Options
    noxacanthusnoxacanthus member
    edited November 2022
    Edited: woops, wrong thread