March 2023 Moms
Options

How much are you all eating ?

Curious on how much we should eat .. I am 21 weeks and really don’t have much of an appetite.. I typically try to eat healthy and only get three meals in Vs snacking .. my breakfast is egg whites with veggies and Canadian bacon or chicken sausage and one slice of toast .. my lunch is always a berry fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt and protein powder very filling.. dinner I try eat balanced with vegetables, grain and protein.. since Halloween just passed I have left over candy so I have a few miniature pieces before bed .. but is that enough food? I just don’t feel like I can eat anymore meals in the day?!?

Re: How much are you all eating ?

• Options
    You’d have to ask your doctor or a dietician if what you’re eating is enough for you. Everyone’s body is so different. 
    What’s enough calories for me might be too many/too little for someone else. 
  • Options
    I’ve been struggling in a slightly different way, I feel like I eat a lot but I’ve still only gained about 6-7 pounds total and I’m 23 weeks, which makes me worry that I’m somehow not eating enough. But I think the most important things are: do you feel satisfied by the food you eat? Are your ultrasounds showing healthy growth? As long as you and baby look healthy, I think that’s all there is to it. But of course nutrition is especially stressful while pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m 20 weeks with twins and I’ve been eating way way to much. I’m always hungry and have gained atleast 25 pounds. 
  • Options
    Aaaa looot
  • Options
    Yeah baby is growing just fine he’s actually measuring a week ahead lol 😂 Feel like this week my appetite is getting better .. just made some smashed potatoes and honey glazed carrots with chicken thighs .. basically inhaled my dinner 😬 I have gained more then my OB has wanted .. 22 weeks I think I’m about 18 lbs total so far ..
  • Options
    To make you feel better, everyone puts on weight differently during pregnancy. In my first pregnancy (and this one, my second), I lost 7 lbs in the first trimester without having any morning sickness. I had my full appetite and was eating healthily, but just kept losing weight. My doctor wasn't concerned. I didn't put on a ton of weight in my 2nd trimester, but it gradually came on in the 3rd trimester and I definitely had a big belly! I ended up gaining 25 lbs total and my daughter was a very very healthy 8 lbs 1 oz (85% percentile) and then shot quickly up to 97% percentile and has stayed there for the last 3 1/2 years. 

I have only just gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight at about 24 weeks. The 20 week ultrasound didn't raise any concerns for the baby's growth. 

My experience is doctors don't really start to be too concerned until after 20 weeks. If I remember correctly, I think they'll start measuring fundal height (how big your belly is growing) soon at every checkup and this is more reliable. If they have any concerns, you'll be sent for more ultrasounds. 
  • Options
    I had COVID in July right after getting pregnant and have severe lasting parosmia so most food especially meat and onions smell and taste rotten as well as morning sickness so I actually hasn’t able to eat anything for two weeks early on and lost 40 pounds in those two weeks. Now I’m slowly finding things to eat again but still struggle. :(
  • Options
    @tamakigirl I’m 21 weeks with twins and I’ve gained atleast 30 pounds if not more by now