July 2023 Moms
Options

Control line super faint?

Okay… Soooo has anybody heard of a dye stealer?
Okay, so I think I was 4w2d when I found I was pregnant (first test) the control line is a little bit lighter than the pregnancy line, but now I’m 5w4d (I think 😅) and the control line is practically not there, I took 3 tests and they are all like this… someone mentioned a dye stealer meaning my hcg levels might be high?
Has anybody had this happen before we’re you farther than 5weeks?

Re: Control line super faint?

• Options
    I've never heard of that before BUT I once took a test in my 4th month cuz I hadn't felt movement yet (turns out my dates were off). Anyway, it came back negative. My research said that the hormone was too strong for the test. So it's possible. 

So causes of high hcg can be multiples, or incorrect dates.
  • Options
    I've see this called a dye stealer before, means HCG is high enough all the dye goes to the test line
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kai6312kai6312 Just Joined
    Yup, what the previous poster said. This is commonly called a “ dye stealer” and it’s a good sign because the test line is stealing dye from the control line because there’s so much hormone. I got my dye stealer 18 DPO, my first positive was 9 DPO
  • Options
    I actually just had this happen to me. I took a test yesterday 5w 5days and I could barely make out the control line…. I freaked. Out. Took a test this am and the test line was instant…. The control line took forever to hardly show. Good to know it’s somewhat normal.