Breastfeeding
Options

Best slow feeding bottle

So I pump when baby doesn’t eat all of my milk I’ve produced and store it in bottles for later. Baby (1 month old) always has a scary choking episode when using a bottle and I’m wondering if it’s because the bottle is dispensing milk too fast. She then gets upset when I try to give her more because now she equates the bottle with those bad experiences. Sometimes my body decides to only produce a little milk so it’s nice to have the bottles stored as backup but it doesn’t help if she can’t drink out of them. It makes me sad because I know sometimes she’s still hungry but she gives up because the bottle is scary to her. I’ve been using Dr. Brown’s which I’ve heard good things about. I’ve tried tommy tippee and medela and she had the same episodes with those. Any other suggestions for slow feeding bottles?

Re: Best slow feeding bottle

• Options
    Check the nipple type before you change the whole bottle! It’s important for newborns to use a level 0 nipple. Otherwise I’ve had success with mam with level 0 nipples and motif bottles with a slow flow nipple (Amazon)