March 2023 Moms

FFFC 10/21

*Not always flame free. 
Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: FFFC 10/21

• Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat I'm definitely not judging your "friend" but that honestly baffles me. When DD#2 was born, it was late fall in the Midwest and my DH didn't have paternity leave. So at 1 week postpartum I was bundling DD#2 up and walking DD#1 a mile to school and a mile back twice a day. I even walked them to / from the school in a snow storm so DD#1 could meet Santa and get Christmas presents for her dad at the school.
    Recently my best friend has been hanging out with another mom with 2 kids and BFF confided in me that the other mom triggers her anxiety whenever they hang out because she gets so overwhelmed by her kids that it stresses everyone else out. Sometimes Bestie even has her own husband join their outings to help manage the other mom's kids for them. 

@babymac4321 CHARGING people to attend her gender reveal? I can't imagine. And then to think your personal gender reveal has anything to do with her? Big oof.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @babymac4321 that's nuts. Who would pay that much to go to a gender reveal?
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited October 2022
    @mytrueloves I am very use to doing everything by myself. Baby #5 was the first one that my husband actually took any time off with. With #3 my husband was back at work three days after birth and left for a job out of the country at 1wk postpartum for almost 2months during Christmas. I also spent 6mos completely solo during the beginning of the pandemic when everything was closing with 5 kids and a farm by myself so it baffles me too. Still not taking 6 kids to a water park basically by myself though. 😅

I would probably not even think twice about it though if she hadn't harassed me so bad before she had the baby. 

@babymac4321 I've never understood huge gender reveals tbh.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @babymac4321 Um, and that's why she's a friend of a friend, not a friend! Sounds like a real lunatic. So tacky and cringe. I hope no one goes!
  • @babymac4321 I’d never pay in a million years to go to something like that. It better be a plated 3 course dinner, open bar, gift bags, and valet parking for that price. 
  • @babymac4321 that is truly bonkers. Charging people and then *selling* alcohol?! I don’t even know 100 people to invite to an event let alone 100 who would give a shit about the sex of the baby that much. 

@nopegoat ohhh I would have gotten so petty with that in your position 😂  I mean yes newborn life is overwhelming but uh…read the room, girl. Gosh especially if she knew the circumstances you’ve solo parented through while husband was gone!? 
  • @nopegoat wow I'm amazed, I struggle to keep my house in one piece with a single toddler by myself haha. 

@heytallmama I support this 🤣
  • @heytallmama we originally connected because her husband traveled for work for a little bit and I was trying to support her through it so she knows what I've gone through. I'm trying to look at it through the whole "everyone is a perfect parent...before kids" kind of thing. Its been a while since she had littles/a baby and only had one so maybe she just truly forgot what it's like/ didn't know. Either way 😏

@miss_lynn9 oh it was not pretty. Especially that 6mo period. 😅 I don't know how military wives do it on the regular. They are my heroes! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I made artichokes last night, even though my husband isn't a huge fan ("they're a whole to do" 🙄) and I made homemade mayonnaise with eggs from our chickens, garlic, canola oil, and lemon juice. 

Then I realized I'm not really supposed to have mayonnaise cause salmonella. But our home chickens are probably fine, right? We don't even buy mayonnaise. But damn it was good with the artichoke!! 

If I felt fine after, I can go ahead and have more
    .. right?
  • @cheznet enjoy! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I was 100% convinced we were having a girl and then we found out we’re actually having a boy. I’m so weirdly relieved. My mom always had my sister and I in matching trendy 90s stuff as kids with perfectly braided hair and adorable sandals literally every day no matter what. I’m sure my mom will still follow him around the house recombing his hair and changing his outfit because she can find something cuter but I feel like I can have a pass now on that whole aspect and shift my parenting focus to other things. 
  • @heytallmama probably the best application of a meme I’ve seen in a while 
  • I'm on day 4 of the flu and I broke down and took a half dose of nyquil so I can finally get a decent night's sleep. Last night the coughing kept me up til midnight and then I woke up at 4am. I did make sure our nyquil doesn't have phenylephrine, but it does have alcohol as an inactive ingredient so hubby is freaking out.
  • @noxacanthus You could definitely call the OB for peace of mind but logically speaking, it’s not enough alcohol to cause any effects, so your BAC would be negligible. Most NyQuil is just Tylenol and the same antihistamine as unisom with an added cough suppressant. I’m not sure the suppressant is considered ok for pregnancy or not off the top of my head. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida The cough suppressant is dextromethorphan which is safe. I reminded hubby that Europeans allow their pregnant women to have an occasional glass of wine, which is certainly more alcohol than a half dose of nyquil, but he's worrying anyway.
  • @nocacanthus Aw I think it’s sweet he’s worrying but yeah, unnecessary worry! I hope you feel better soon. ❤️

I guess my FFFC is I will probably have a half glass of wine or two towards the end of this pregnancy if I feel like it. I’m too afraid to indulge this early, but in those last baby fattening weeks…yeah I would go for it. But im also a lightweight especially after abstaining for so long so it doesn’t take much!
  • @babymac4321 I agree that gender disappointment is a thing, however I don’t know that I’d be in hysterics in front of 100 ppl… just my personality? I dunno but that seems a bit much for me. 
  • @muggsd I think the audience helped her to be a bit extra emotional. She was already upset she wasn’t having twins like she had hoped for which was why she did IVF in the first place. 
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited October 2022
    @babymac4321 wow that's nuts. I agree with @heytallmama

I'm sorry about your mix-up. Are you able to return or exchange the things you bought?