January 2023 Moms

Failed glucose test

I have my 3 hour screening next week but low key freaking out since I failed the first hour one. Anyone else? My doctor told me not to worry until this next test but kinda hard to not… 

Re: Failed glucose test

• edited October 2022
    A friend had to do the same. She thinks she failed the first time because she didn’t eat much and had some chocolate right beforehand (prob why).
    I had mine right after her and had a normal breakfast (for me, eggs, toast, avocado). Lots of water. I’m a lot older than her (and told I’m more prone), but passed the first time. 
    She did the same the second time and passed it. Make sure to eat plenty of protein and healthy fats 1-2 hours before the test!
    good luck 
  • During my first pregnancy I failed the first test but passed the second one.  I think this was due in part to the fact that I had my appointment in the morning and did it on an empty stomach.  This pregnancy I had a normal breakfast and lunch before my first test and ended up passing.

I know lots of women who failed the first test and went on to pass the second so try not to panic too much yet!