2nd Trimester

Maternity Tape

I used maternity tape a few weeks ago and it was only about 3 times. The third time I used it and it was itching like crazy. I had to leave it on until I got home and so I had it on for 8 hours if not a couple more. As I was taking it off I noticed it ripped some of my skin off and I didn’t have anything to help remove it. So it was painful to take off. But I noticed my stomach was severely red as well. Till this day it’s like if the adhesive burned my skin because I can still see the pattern of the tape on my skin and it feels scarred. Has anyone had this issue and does anyone know how to get rid of the burns it caused? The texture you can tell feels like a scab and you can see the pattern of the tape on my stomach.

Re: Maternity Tape

• Yes, you are allergic to the adhesive.  Believe me,I've been through it w/ steri strips- blisters redness and severe burning.

It will take time to heal.  Keep it moisturized and eventually it will fade away.  
  • I have never heard of maternity tape. Do you mean KT tape?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m also allergic to adhesive and the burn/rash sounds very familiar. Unfortunately, it took months for a small rash to go away after using medical tape. I think you’ll just need to keep it moisturized and be patient with it, as it can take some time to go away. 😞