Special Needs
Options

Older children with FTT eating and weight issues

Hi everyone. I'm looking for other parents going through similar experiences.
My 10 year old twins are struggling with weight issue food allergies. They have ways been FTT since infancy they never have been close to even being on the charts. . Multiple food allergies played a part but there has always been something there thay we haven't figure out. When they were little they had not to good appetites always had stomach pains. When they were little older appetite got better but still weren't gaining weight appropriately and still had stomach pains. They used elecare and neocate jr with duocal and special diets. This past year they have not had much of appetites its a fight to get them to eat even with appetite stimulants but still got them to eat with alot of fighting and always have stomach pain. Then they lost 10lbs in 3months. So we are back at it with drs trying to digure it our. The GI put them on pediasure then pediasure peptide 1 0. Then peptide 1 5 wanting them to drink 5-8 bottles of that a day plus eating. Yeah did not go very well. They added duocal to their diets . We have been through expensive bloodwork xray ultrasound no answers. We go in for endoscopy next week, we have done ecal with allergist and go next week for testing. Plus rhematology, and nutritionist Evals. Dr has changed them to elecare jr with duocal and bumped up how to use ti. We have spent so much money on testing suppliments pediasures I'm drowning in all kinds of pediasure lol. Frustrated at what could be wrong with my boys I worm so hard to feed them appropriately nutritiously and help then gain weight. I hate seeing them struggle in pain fighting eat because their in pain and tired of hearing drink your drink eat. Oh they are also testing for IBD.
Any other parents gone through similar issues with their older children?

Re: Older children with FTT eating and weight issues