EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name?

Re: Weekly Check-In 10/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mvm0609 it's so hard getting into a consistent exercise routine. 

@nopegoat hahaha I love Nope Goat 
  • Options
    @lighttothevoid I didn't take birth classes and for the longest I thought they were pointless. But looking back I kind of wish I had or at the very least made sure to educate myself better about all my choices and procedures, which I also don't believe they cover fully in most classes either.

So classes or not, make sure to research different scenarios so even if your birth doesn't go as planned you can still make informed decisions and take control of your birth as much as possible. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5 / 20w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Team blue/pink/green: Team Green

Upcoming Appointments: middle of next month

How are you feeling?: Good! Would love to start working out again, but still haven't found a good spot in my schedule.

Rants/Raves: Rant: BIL is still causing drama with my ILs. I'm so over it, I just want them all to leave us alone.
    Rave: We got to go to the pumpkin patch last weekend and the kids had a blast!

Questions: For my fellow Team Green-ers, has anyone found a great site/store for gender neutral clothes? Target's Cloud Island are less than impressive, but that's usually my go to for inverted zipper sleepers.

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? It's just a nickname and the year I got married.
  • Options
    @lighttothevoid I highly recommend birth classes, or at least reading a few birth books of various methods. I didn't do any research baby #1 and regret it and baby #2 I did a ton of research on only one birth method and it didn't end up working for me 🤦🏻‍♀️ so this time I bought a few birth books to be better prepared. I just want to feel confident in my choices 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @excitedforpiscesbaby I totally get you! That’s so funny. My due date is on the 21st so I have been hoping baby will be born a little late to be Aries because we’ve got a whole house of fire signs. My husband and I are both loud and headstrong and although our kid could still be a quiet, shy little thing I’m hoping Aries would give them a good shot of matching our dynamic. I know all the zodiac stuff is more for fun but I swear there’s a little truth to it. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 17w6d!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!!!

Upcoming Appointments: next appointment is November 8th for anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: great during the day, nausea/vomiting at night

Rants/Raves: I’m constantly cold 🥶 But we hired a former OBGYN at my work (veterinary field) and she was able to scan me on ultrasound and said baby looked really good so far! 

Questions: none 😊

My dogs name is Buck! He is my “first baby”
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 21w0d / feb 28

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Baby is the size of a(n): bottle of sriracha 

Team blue/pink/green: pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: midwife in a month, including the glucose test 🤢

How are you feeling?:  mostly ok! In the last week my nausea really diminished (finally!)

Rants/Raves: rant: we have so much stuff that needs to get done, and I have so little energy. I wish I could just buckle down for a weekend and get a bunch accomplished. Rave: my 2yo pooped on the toilet for the first time in like 3 weeks. She has been fighting it so hard (and ends up pooping her pants) so today felt like a huge win. Hopefully we can keep it up! 

Questions: anyone watched any good shows lately? We keep browsing Netflix/prime/Disney forever and never find anything we like. 

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? It’s a short version of my last name and my first initial. I am not a creative person, can you tell! 😅

@lightintothevoid which movie did you see?? 
  • Options
    @lightintothevoid I took a pre-natal yoga class. But it wasn't a typical a bunch of pregnant woman doing yoga for an hour. Each class was something different. Like breathing, pain management, how baby goes through the birth canal and how to get baby in optimal position. It was 100% worth it. I also did a tone of research on birth and having a MW helped with being informed. 
  • Options
    @excitedforpiscesbaby have you gotten a birth chart done? I did one for myself and although I'm an Aries (fire sign) I've felt that the Aries personality and horoscopes didn't resonate with me and some of the main personality trates were nothing like me. I found out that most of my chart is earth. And going by my chart descriptions it's so much better! 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 17.5 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): poptart

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Still trying to schedule my anatomy scan.

How are you feeling?: Large. Tired. I think I've figured out a pillow configuration to help with the lower back pain that I had last week, but last night was a bad one.

Rants/Raves: Rave - It was a productive weekend and it's been a good week at work so far. Only 2 more weeks until we wrap up the current phase at work. Rant - I've had so many emotions the past week. Poor hubby has strongly implied that he's feeling the brunt of it.

Questions:

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? Hubby and I met playing a tabletop RPG called Mage the Awakening. Nox was the name of my character and Acanthus is the type of mage she was (Fate/Time).
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 8; 19w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Team blue/pink/green: it’s a boy

Upcoming Appointments: Monday morning for anatomy scan & 20 week appt. My first appt in 6 weeks 🤯

How are you feeling?: congested and uncomfortable and tired . DS has been home sick all week with my husband and he gave us his crud. 

Rants/Raves: my rant is that I’m exhausted from parent/teacher conferences tonight and I have more on Thursday. My rave is that my son can finally go back to daycare tomorrow since he’s been fever free all day! We also leave for Arkansas on Friday for a family wedding and it’s a 6 hour drive. Best ways to entertain a newly turned 2yo in the car that long? 😅

Questions: Lol just asked it

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? I’m so creative. It’s my last name and I became a mama lol. It’s the same from my first BMB in 2020
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7, 20 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana(probably one of those smaller ones 😂)

Team blue/pink/green: Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Belly feels heavy! Baby must be doing some serious growing. My hips get achy at night, so I have been trying to figure out the right position with a pillow. 

Rants/Raves:

Rave- my husband found out he gets the winter schedule he wanted! That does mean I won’t see him on the weekends until 3pm, but there’s not much to do out here in the winter. 😂There was talk of giving the temporary winter worker that schedule, which would mean my husband would get a night shift. Upper management found out what my husband’s boss was trying to do and they were not happy. 

Rant- I wish teachers could have nap time😂 

Questions: N/A

I’m short and then part of my name. 😂 I’m pretty sure I used it as a user name for something a long time ago…maybe Photobucket?😂
  • Options
    @mamahouch we did a 14? Hour drive not too long ago. It was rough haha. Lots of books, toys and music. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 03/31/23, 16w 4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM (but DS is 23, so it's been a minute)

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: Follow up 10/24, anatomy us just scheduled for 11/14

How are you feeling?: Overall, pretty good. I've really struggled with constipation with this pregnancy, but I think I've finally figured out the right combination to keep things moving. Headaches pretty frequently and my boobs are really sore again (which makes sleeping on my side a pain). RLP has started, nausea seems done for the most part, but was replaced by heartburn, so that's fun. 

Rants/Raves: I'm just so tired of being tired all the time.

Questions: Anyone else experiencing a lot of lower abdominal discomfort? Not cramping so much as just a frequent dull ache.

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? Super original - my name & birth year.
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 @nopegoat @mytrueloves Thank you so much for your responses! I think I’ll look into some. That prenatal yoga class sounds especially interesting!

@muggsd I saw Amsterdam. It’s getting slaughtered in the reviews, but I thought it was great!
  • Options
    @muggsd I totally feel you on tv shows. We cancelled our Netflix a while ago and switched to hbo max. I’ve been liking the hbo shows a lot better - white lotus, flight attendant, miracle workers, avenue 5, Harley Quinn series, all the DC comic shows. I recommend white lotus to everyone - it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/22 18w today!

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato/artichoke

Team blue/pink/green: Blue! 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan on the 25th, more bloodwork on 11/4

How are you feeling?: Bloated! Sore legs. Throwing up in the mornings only now. 

Rants/Raves: Still can't believe it's a boy, which I originally wanted but I am one of 4 sisters and my 3 sisters that had kids had only girls, so I really believed I would too. I think I tried psyching myself out and getting excited about a girl so now I'm changing my mindset. 

Questions: Any natural cures for bloating? I'm not constipated and I'm not farting or burping a lot so it's just crazy pressure and my belly swells in what seems like minutes, not always after eating either. 

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? I sat there for 2 mins trying to come up with something but my patience didn't last so it's just my name.
  • Options
    chelseak322chelseak322 member
    edited October 2022
    @excitedforpiscesbaby I get it! If he's born on his due date he will just be over the cusp and an Aries. I'm a Scorpio also and am praying he's born a few days early because I've always loved and got along with Pisces. I've also been checking out his Chinese astrology lately which is fun. We'll be having rabbits with the water element.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 14th, 19 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Team blue/pink/green: pink but excited to find see if the anatomy scan confirms next week

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan next Wednesday.

How are you feeling?: so good! We’re at Disneyland this week and I’m so surprised at how well my body is handling all the walking and not napping. It’s the first time we’ve taken our kids and it’s been so fun just letting this place be magical and watching from their eyes. 

Rants/Raves: I’m just loving my family right now. We got to spend time with some friends this weekend who have a baby girl with two older kids like ours and it made us so excited to see our sweet family grow too. 

Questions: none right now.

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? It was an old inside joke about our “bike” gang when my husband and I were still just friends. Lol we rode around on mountain bikes with a few others and call ourselves tortugas azules. I don’t really know why 😂
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 Yes! I love doing full birth charts. I did my husband’s back when we were dating and while he is totally a science man he low-key enjoys astrology now because of the accuracy of his chart. He’s a Virgo sun and honestly, he’s the most Virgo-y Virgo to ever Virgo 😂! But - he and I are also Leo risings and it’s very entertaining how that comes through. We play board games a lot and we both like to pretend we aren’t competitive or sore losers but we both are LOL. It’s an intense time but it’s lots of fun! Earth signs were my second hope for baby because I find them very grounding. Most of my friends and close family members are water or earth. But, you do need to take the whole chart into account sometimes!
  • Options
    missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 21w

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of an endive (??? never eaten endive - other sites say a carrot)

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Neurology next week, anatomy scan Nov. 3

How are you feeling?: Fine. Grateful that I'm not having any issues sleeping yet, after reading how much some of you are struggling. Impatient to feel flutters but not worried about it.

Rants/Raves: Rant: My mom is floating the idea of not staying long when the baby is born, citing my two sisters (who have 3 kids each) and saying that they didn't even really need her when she stayed with them for a few weeks after giving birth. I, of course, reminded her that they're seasoned pros at this point, and I'm a poor little FTM who lives in another country, far from home. (I know STMs+ have their own challenges, of course!) It would mean so much to me to have her help, and I feel kind of sad about it. Rave: I've had a lot of work lately, which is a good distraction from ... life.

Questions: natm

GTKY: How did you come up with your screen name? It comes from "muisqui," which is a long-running inside joke and nickname I have with DH based on a Spanish mistake I made years ago. (I misconjugated an uncommon, funny-sounding, irregular verb, and it came out with that "muis" sound in it, which cracked both of us up.) He went on to start using a username online based on it too. If we ever have a cat, we'll probably name it Muisqui.
  • Options
    @missmuisq have you had a discussion with your mom that you want her help?
  • Options
    @muggsd Ooh, I'll borrow that, bottle of Sriracha. Much better and tastier than the head of an endive!

@megelise1980 What's helped you with constipation? My regular regimen of magnesium at night + psyllium husk + water + (occasional) exercise isn't helping much...
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 Fair point. I need to tell her in a more direct, assertive way than I've done so far.