Weekly Check-in 10/17

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your best or most memorable Halloween costume?

Re: Weekly Check-in 10/17

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/24 // 26weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale? That seems smaller to me 😅

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday! I’m supposed to do glucose test and labs, but I think I’ll have to go back the next week since I have a tight evening work schedule. I don’t trust that wait time!

How are you feeling?: Out of breath 😂 I’ve noticed that my ankles get very tender by the end of the day sometimes. If I ice them and elevate them for a little while it feels better, and it’s always back to normal when I wake up the next day. They’re not really swelling though. Anyone else?

Rants/Raves: I’m so flippin excited for the baby shower Saturday! I’m so surprised by the number of friends and family making the trip from out of state to come celebrate. Overwhelmed already and just hoping I can soak it all up this weekend. Best wishes for anyone else with a shower coming up!

Questions: I feel like it’s not a bad thing, but anyone else’s baby just super active most of the time? It seems like every couple hours he’s doing full body gymnastics in there, it’s very frequent and never subtle 😅

GTKY: What is your best or most memorable Halloween costume? Two years ago I wore an Eeyore onesie. It’s always freezing here by end of October, and we had a family event at our drive in theater (huge flat space, so much wind!). I was sooooo snuggly warm in that costume, I wish it fit this year!
    Side note, anyone else excited just thinking this time next year, there’s a little 9-10month old to dress up? 🥺
  • Options
    r_kenn99r_kenn99 member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23 29w

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash (yesterday was a loaf of wonderbread so I’m confused by this)

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife Thursday. Officially started 2 appointments a month!

How are you feeling?: It’s been a bit of a roller coaster lately just thinking about baby being here in less than 90 days and not feeling prepared. We started the Bradley method birth class though and I think I’ll feel much better after my baby shower this week. I keep having dreams that baby is here and we don’t have any of the “stuff” we need to take care of her. Physically, the hip and back pain have gotten a bit worse but I started seeing a chiropractor so excited for that!

Rants/Raves: Rant: Kick counts stress me out! I already had a moment of panic last week that led me to call my midwife with concerns about baby movements. It was all fine. She started moving a lot right after I made the call. 

Questions: none this week. 

GTKY: I was Amy Winehouse one year (before she passed 💜) and it was by far my favorite costume ever!! I think what did it was the long wig. I felt so fabulous with such long hair. It was such a simple costume too. Besides the wig, I dressed in jeans and white tank and then had my college roommate draw the tattoos with a sharpie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cc_clark my ankles do the same thing! No actual swelling but I def need to put them up by the end of the day!

@r_kenn99 despite the night mares as long as you h have the means to feed baby and somewhere safe for them to sleep that’s really you “need” so I’m sure you’re far more prepared than you think! 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  10/01/23 28 weeks! 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Team blue/pink/green: PINK

Upcoming Appointments: midwife follow up on Monday I think! 

How are you feeling?: really tired, which kind of sucks because I know how much more tired I will be once this baby is out lol pro tip, don’t do a major renovation that will last into your third trimester LOL

Rants/Raves: My husband has been stepping up and helping out more which is great but I still feel like I’m in survival mode 24/7 and I’m slightly overwhelmed for Christmas this year as I have to plan and execute my 2 year olds birthday, get gifts for everyone, do all the things and birth this baby shortly after all while my husband will likely work over time lol 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your best or most memorable Halloween costume? Never creative, almost always slutty hahah 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 31st, 25w 1d
    Baby is the size of a(n): prairie dog
    Team blue/pink/green: pink
    Upcoming Appointments: glucose test tomorrow, yum!
    How are you feeling?: Mostly good, I could use more sleep.
    Rants/Raves: Rave: I've started Christmas shopping and feel ahead of the game! Rant: we need to buy more furniture for my toddler's new room, but H only wants to go on a rainy day and I just want it done!
    Questions: Has anyone ordered a pump yet? What did you go with?  I have a spectra, do I get a handsfree one as my second?
    GTKY: What is your best or most memorable Halloween costume? I don't love dressing up, so I go with "costumes" involving normal clothes.  I like Halloween a lot more after having a child, dressing up and decorating is much more fun!
  • Options
    @cc_clark yes to the fetal gymnastics over here too. It catches me off guard sometimes. I think a couple months ago somebody (maybe @r_kenn99?) asked if kicks are supposed to hurt, and I would say at this point they're sometimes super uncomfortable 😅

@willrunforcookies I haven't ordered a pump yet and I don't think I will this time since I already have a Spectra and PISA. Neither are hands free but I think I had a good system last time. 
    Also I totally agree that having kiddos makes the holiday much more fun! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-14, 27+5

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: Green 

Upcoming Appointments: will do my glucose test next Monday and 28wk check-up! I actually haven't been to the OB in 8 weeks (my 24wk appt was telehealth) so I'm weirdly excited to see her 💁‍♀️

How are you feeling?: generally okay, but more tired, sore, etc, and feeling plenty of BH contractions. Overall I feel like I graduated myself into the 3rd tri a few weeks ago lol (that's allowed, right?).

Rants/Raves: DD is on fall break and I'm taking tomorrow off to spend with her! Super excited. I said she could pick how we spend the day and gave her some options (zoo, children's museum, etc) and she picked the free local Rock Museum. 😆 oh and she wants lunch at McD's haha. 

Questions: this is kind of like the GTKY but is anybody dressing up this year for Halloween? I have a good Elsa costume but no freaking way I squeeze myself into that. I am volunteering at the Kindergarten Halloween party and I feel like I really need to dress up for that...but not sure what to wear!

GTKY: What is your best or most memorable Halloween costume?
    I guess I said this above, but 3 years ago I made myself an Elsa (a la Frozen 1) costume and it turned out really great. DD was Anna. I would love to have DS be Olaf, but like I say, I def won't be fitting into it this year.

• Options
    @willrunforcookies my husband and I have never been big on holidays or decorating, but I’m hoping that changes with a little one. I’m already looking forward to what we can do for him 

@jennifer_louise I’m usually pretty lazy if I dress up, but things like onesie suits or character shirts/etc. seem easier to find to accommodate a bump. I’ve been stealing my husbands t-shirts to wear around the house and sleep in instead of buying my own bigger sizes, so I would just look for things that could fit him 😅 but as I say, I’m pretty lazy, and Elsa sounds like some effort was put in