March 2023 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 10/17

How are we feeling ladies?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 10/17

• Oh I'm feeling that gif today 😅 I'm sore but because of my workout that I thought wasn't that bad but apparently between my lack of sleep because of my arms and my wobbling walk because on my back, hips and legs, it was a bad one haha. 

My headaches won't go away. I have a massage booked for tomorrow but last time it only lasted a couple of days. 
  • Food is going down much easier and everything doesn't disgust me so that's a plus. Still lots of headaches and sciatica and RLP, and just general hip/back soreness is starting. 😑
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • My headaches are finally getting better but every day last week they were constant! It was starting to scare me. 
    Also, heartburn is just kicking in at almost 18 weeks. Still having bad morning sickness some days. My breathing has been pretty bad, I went back on my Singulair and it helps. 
  • I am *feeling* the stretching and growth of my belly. I just feel heavier in the belly, in spite of the small bump. It’s somewhat reassuring as I distinctly remember this with my first. Upside, I am consistently feeling baby girl move around! It’s very cool and I’m grateful for it- it definitely quells my anxiety 🙃
  • @heytallmama awe that's exciting! I'm definitely feeling bigger today. I haven't really felt any movement yet. MW thinks I have an anterior placenta. So I don't expect to feel movement for a bit. 
  • @heytallmama I told my MIL yesterday it must be a growing day because my belly felt heavy! My belly feels the heaviest when I fall asleep, but I’m thinking it’s baby at the top of the belly(like if I’m laying on my left, it’s on the right).

I’m definitely hungry all the time. I had two slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter about 15 minutes ago, and I’m STILL hungry 😭
  • Headaches happen fast and fairly often. I’m hungry breakfast and lunch but when it comes to dinner I’m almost always sick. Last time this happened I had an ear infection and one ear is starting to hurt… so yay, luckily I have meds for that. 
    Most food sounds outstanding. I’m a huge meat lover but since getting pregnant red meat has not tasted the same. I tend to get an upset stomach halfway through even though it tastes good. 
    Anything sparkling makes me burp/vomit (as I threw up my entire dinner before making it to the toilet-which my husband and I were laughing over). Tums is my best friend 😂
    I’m freezing ALL time time…but I live in Wyoming. I still think it’s my blood vessels being nice an open. 
    My husband and I went hunting and I was able
    to do 10 miles between 2 days with almost no complaining-which is incredible for me since my husband loves hills, especially up,
    down, up, down. 
  • @buckaroo1622 oh man I couldn't imagine hiking right now. We went in the summer during my first tri and I struggled hard. It was only 6km (4ish miles) and 270m elevation gain. Which would have been a breeze pre pregnancy haha 
  • @buckaroo1622 omg I never meet anyone from Wyoming. I have family in Torrington over on the Nebraska/wyo border. 
  • buckaroo1622buckaroo1622 member
    edited October 2022
    @miss_lynn9 There is no way I would’ve been able to do what I did in the first trimester 😂 it’s been 2 days since we were out and about and I’m still exhausted from it. I get to do it all over this weekend too 😅
  • @disneybaby23 I’m not originally from Wyoming but we’ve been here for 3 years! My husband and I grew up in Southern California so we have a huge environment change 
  • @buckaroo1622 how funny. I live in Southern California. Visiting Wyoming for the first time was the most insane culture shock. Must be so nice to be away from all the people and traffic! 
  • I find it so interesting how so many of us are all having headaches at the same time rn. Mine have been horrible and constant. I've had one for 3 days that Tylenol won't touch and it's the same spot over my left eye. I wonder if pregnancy has made us more sensitive to allergies / sinus problems from the changing weather?
    Also ditto on the feeling heavier every day! I swear I can feel the baby's weight right at the front of my pelvis whenever I'm walking

Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @disneybaby23 it’s like a different country here! But for us it’s a better way of life! Besides the wind during the winter it’s amazing
  • I'm already feeling like there's something stuck under my rib cage. I don't remember being this uncomfortable until like the third trimester. Unless I'm forgetting 😂
  • I had a charley horse (sudden, intense cramp/spasm) in my calf last night in the middle of the night. Ow! So excruciating and scary. Hadn't had one of those since high school, twenty years ago. Come to learn a lot of pregnant women get them. Anyone else had one this pregnancy or past ones?

From what I've read, the following help some people prevent/manage them (YMMV):
    -Potassium/magnesium/calcium
    -Drinking more water
    -Consuming electrolytes (Gatorade, coconut water)
    -Stretching your legs before bed

-If you get one, stand up and put weight on your leg immediately
    -Flex your toes towards your head, not away from you (when it started, I, still asleep, pointed my toes away from me and my calf just seized up and locked)  
  • @missmuisq - I get them with every pregnancy, but thankfully not very often. Those hurt like hell!
  • @missmuisq I got them constantly with my first pregnancy. Knock on wood none yet this time. They would really take me out- I found getting a hot compress (or like a wash cloth run under hot water) helped too. 

Y’all this pregnancy insomnia is making me so tired I am in damn near tears from exhaustion. I have slept for 3 hours each the last 3 nights. Then spent almost 5+ hours tossing, turning…WIDE awake and willing myself to sleep. i can’t wait to spend this weekend resting while daughter is at my parents’ for the weekend. 

• @missmuisq I got them often in my first pregnancy. I've had one light one so far  so I already have my magnesium cream and spray on my nightstand. Although I don't find they work super well at preventing. 
  • @missmuisq I've been having Charlie horses too! At night! What is with that? (Not in the day?) The first one hurt so bad and then it felt like they could strike at a hair trigger. I guess drink more water!
  • My indigestion is crazy. I hate it. Also, sleeping is so difficult. I’m so tired, but I toss and turn all night long and never feel rested. To top it off, my fiancé has been extra horny and wants sex either right at bedtime or in the middle of the night. He literally woke me up at 6:30 this morning and I had to be up for work at 8:30. Babe, I love you, but I need to sleep. And I’m just not feeling it at all right now. 😑

And the headaches! Terrible. 
  • @heytallmama I feel you on the insomnia. I told MH to put me to bed at 8:39 tonight so I don’t have a choice. 
  • @heytallmama and everyone else having insomnia issues. I went to therapy for a few years for help with insomnia (PTSD/anxiety related but I think the lessons still translate) and my therapist encouraged me to actually get out of bed or to not continue to try to sleep if I couldn’t fall asleep because it would just make me more anxious. I would make some tea or read a chapter of a book, or watch a tv episode or do a chore to get my brain to reset and then I’d feel tired and actually be able to fall asleep the next time around. Not sure if that’s helpful for anyone but it’s what I’ve done for years to cope. 
  • @lightintothevoid I totally feel you! I thought the bigger boobs were for baby but apparently they’re for the significant other. Lol. 
  • @disneybaby23 someone else just gave me that exact advice today! I hadn’t heard it so it’s nice to have heard it back to back now. Seems like that “getting up” part is key because continuing to lay in bed and read isn’t doing much. Am definitely gonna give it a try tonight!
  • @disneybaby23 that sometimes works for me too - stretching or just reading a book usually being the most effective. Screens make everything worse for me so I try to avoid tv. Sometimes it still doesn’t work though 😩
  • @disneybaby23 I just read an interesting article about this technique. I haven’t hit insomnia mode yet but am keeping this advice in mind!

Im in lightheadedness/shakiness land now if I go too long between meals (which at this point is 2 or more hours 🥵). This seems ridiculous to me so I’m switching to more frequent smaller meals. I’m going to bring it up at my next appointment if it doesn’t ease up. I’ve had this happen while breastfeeding but never while pregnant. I’m certainly not restricting calories and eating a good amount. Not sure what’s going on. It’s very annoying. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I have this too. Both while pregnant and not - in the past it’s been attributed to low blood pressure which is common in pregnancy. Annoying for sure! I snack a lot.