Babies on the Brain
Options

11 Days Late with Paragard, opinions?

Hi everyone! I’m looking for some help because I’m going crazy. I’ve had the Paragard IUD since I had my daughter five and a half years ago. I’ve had a 32 day cycle like freaking clockwork up until now. My period was due 10/4 and never came. Not even spotting. I have taken pregnancy tests every other day since then and they’ve been negative. BUT I feel quite a few pregnancy symptoms that have me concerned. 
Im nauseous, absolutely exhausted, and VERY lightheaded like I haven’t eaten in days even though I’m eating normally. When I was pregnant with my daughter, my eyes got dry and rejected my contacts. On Monday, my eyes were too dry and I haven’t been able to get my contacts in since then without feeling like I’m blinking around sandpaper eyeballs.
I did call my OB and they were very dismissive, even when I said I couldn’t feel the strings of my IUD anymore and could get me in in two weeks. I’m also in my late 20s so I know it’s not menopause or anything like that. All they said is if I got a positive pregnancy test in the meantime, they’d schedule me sooner because that would constitute as an emergency. I am still trying to get in with another practice but have not had much luck as a new patient with a problem.
Anyone else experience anything like this?

Re: 11 Days Late with Paragard, opinions?

• Options
    No experience, but maybe it’s possible you had a weird cycle and ovulated late? I would keep taking a pregnancy test every couple of days until you get a period or you hit that appointment, If you’re having symptoms related to pregnancy you *should* be able to turn a test by now. Which is probably why the office is being dismissive.