1st Trimester
Options

Freaking out - help - can you tell if baby is white, black or spanish while pregnant???

Hey i am freaking out rn and I dont need any negetive comments or telling me what i should have done.

So i had a fight with my bf and we didnt brake up but sort of just didnt talk for like a little over a week and i was at a party and hooked up with a guy. The next day i hooked up with someone else and later in the week i made up with my bf

i'm late and took a test and both were +

im really freaking out now cuz i dont know whos it is. my bf is white and the guy i hooked up with on friday is black and the guy from saturday is spanish (more porto rican).

So can they run some test to see if the baby is white, black or spanish? like before its born?

im not even sure what to do cuz i cant have a baby rn and just freaking out cuz my parents are gonna kill me but im so scared it isnt from my bf to.

And i don't need to hear what i should have or not done so keep those opinions to yourself cuz thats not gonna help me.

what do i do or what can i do.

Re: Freaking out - help - can you tell if baby is white, black or spanish while pregnant???

• Options
    There is no such test that can determine race. There is a paternity test you can do while baby is in utero but there is some risk to doing that. Usually the recommendation for paternity is to wait until they are born. You'd need the potential father's DNA to do a comparison regardless.

Good luck
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Race, unlike sex, is a social construct. There is no test for race because it is essentially made up (society decides what "race" a person is, it's nothing in your DNA or anything that can be objectively tested). As the previous poster said, after birth you can have a paternity test. If you want to raise your child, the paternity test can determine which is the father and you can get child support. Your parents also may be more understanding and supportive than you think. If you want to tell them, you can try writing them a letter so they can learn the news and process it privately rather than in front of you- that way, they can get over their shock and pull themselves together to support you if needed.

There are also many resources for food, housing, diapers, health care, etc. if you need it. In the US, you can call 211 to learn about local resources, or if you give an idea of your area and what you need, I can probably help you find things. You can also choose adoption, which is an option if you feel like you really can't have a child right now but you still want your child to grow up surrounded by love- you'd even get to pick the family. 

I wouldn't suggest hiding this or making big decisions on this because of your boyfriend. If it's the kind of relationship where you're willing to go out and hook up with 2 guys within a week of having a fight, it's not worth losing your baby over.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited October 2022
    Here is the thing:  you can not determine the race, as stated above.  At this time, you really should be up front and honest with your boyfriend and tell him 1. You are pregnant and 2. What the situation is.  The longer you keep it from him, the harder it will be to break the news. Same with your parents.  
    You really need yo come clean with this and hopefully you can at least get support from your parents.  

QFP:arianna2003 said:
    Hey i am freaking out rn and I dont need any negetive comments or telling me what i should have done.

So i had a fight with my bf and we didnt brake up but sort of just didnt talk for like a little over a week and i was at a party and hooked up with a guy. The next day i hooked up with someone else and later in the week i made up with my bf

i'm late and took a test and both were +

im really freaking out now cuz i dont know whos it is. my bf is white and the guy i hooked up with on friday is black and the guy from saturday is spanish (more porto rican).

So can they run some test to see if the baby is white, black or spanish? like before its born?

im not even sure what to do cuz i cant have a baby rn and just freaking out cuz my parents are gonna kill me but im so scared it isnt from my bf to.

And i don't need to hear what i should have or not done so keep those opinions to yourself cuz thats not gonna help me.

what do i do or what can i do.

• Options
    I would suggest getting an appt with a healthcare provider and discussing your choices with them. And they can help you with birth control options moving forward but I really really suggest making guys use condoms. STIs aren’t fun. Main point is: You don’t have to have a baby if you don’t want to. Best of luck. 
  • Options
    I’m sorry you are going through this - it sounds like a really stressful situation. If I were you, I would schedule an appointment with your doctor very soon. In addition to discussing options for deciding whether to terminate or continue with the pregnancy, you will want to get screened for STIs, as unprotected sex with multiple partners puts you at risk of contracting one. There are ways to do paternity tests while pregnant, but this would require the DNA of the father. It is your choice of who you want to disclose this information to, but if you are planning to keep the baby, it’s probably best to have those difficult conversations with your boyfriend and parents early on. Wishing you all the best as you navigate this and be kind to yourself. 
  • Options
    @cait32 they didn't talk for just over a weeks time.  She slept w/ 2 others when they were not talking.  Hooked up with a guy at a party, hooked up with another the next day then back w/ BF.  LMP won't help unless ovulation was being monitored.