Infertility
Options

New here (mentions male factor, sperm donor, loss)

Hi everyone, I am new here seeking for advice. In January, my husband was diagnosed with Klinefelter's Syndrome. He underwent microTESE to surgically search for sperm. They were able to retrieve 7 immature sperm. We completed IVF, fertilized half my eggs (15) with my husband's sperm (7) and the other half with donor sperm (8), ended with 1 PGT normal embryo with donor, recently ended with biochemical pregnancy- my HCG levels were 160 at 9dp5dt, 255 at 12dp5dt, 180 at 14dp5dt. The chapter has closed unfortunately for any future treatment with my husband's sperm. Since we can only move forward with donor sperm, we are unsure if we should proceed with IUI or start another cycle of IVF. I am 31 y/o. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Re: New here (mentions male factor, sperm donor, loss)

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss. 
    You should base your decisions based on doctor estimates of possible outcomes for both.

1 normal of 15 means there may be egg quality issue. Is 1 normal out of how many blastocysts? 

Iui may work but it has so much uncertainty.
    If money is not concern,  ivf may be more predictable but I think you try  after few months of healing and taking supplements (coq10 ).

Remember that results of ivf may change by doing different protocol. Ideas result would be getting 3-4 pgt normal in one cycle.

• Options
    Statistically speaking, IVF has a higher likelihood of being successful than IUI in general. But ultimately, it’s more important to discuss the pros and cons with your fertility doctor to help you decide next steps.