February 2023 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms October 10

• seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited October 2022
    So yesterday I had to give a statement about a stolen toddler car at the library. Some middle schoolers took my 4 year old's "ride" and went for a joy ride of their own. It was on camera. The cop asked me if I wanted to press charges and I told them how we had found the thing on the curb a couple years ago and he's pretty much outgrown it but I just want their parents to know. Plus they didn't just take it from Jonah. They took it from our 'hood. All the neighbor kids borrowed it. It was like the neighbor car for little people. If someone took it from our yard, we could always get it back later. But now it's gone and our street will never be the same. I hope they catch the hoodlums who did this and scare them straight before they do something worse. 
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited October 2022
    @seeds_of_joy Aw, so sorry you lost the “neighborhood” car! This is one of the things I love about living in smaller, quieter areas- the cops actually care about your neighborhood and stuff that might get totally ignored in busier areas. Heck, we had our actual car broken into a few years ago in a good area of Oakland, CA, and found a pair of cops to tell. One cop didn’t even make eye contact the entire time because he was watching the street so closely for more important things! We were even friends with a high ranking investigator and got no feedback. Maybe it’s time to move!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cpk3535 we do live in a small town but unfortunately kids run wild. We would love to live in the country and are working out way towards that! It might just be a dream but it's a continuous one.
  • Just found out we’re officially debt free! Just in time for having our new house built. I am so excited!! 
  • @amccurls yay!!! That's awesome!!! 🙌
  • @seeds_of_joy I’m sorry to hear that the teenagers decided to be hooligans and ruin the community share for everyone else. 

@amccurls Congrats! 😊

On another random note, Green Mountain diapers are having a sale and I just spent nearly $450 on cloth diapers and accessories yesterday! 😳 I didn’t even buy a whole cycle set. Just a bunch to dip our toe in the water with cloth diapers. This is the first significant baby purchase I’ve made since getting pregnant. The baby expenses are starting already! 
  • @ttc3y I used GMD prefolds with my kids and my friend just used mine with their baby (so that's three kids and still going strong)! They are excellent value and really easy. Cloth diapering is a great way to go in the first 6 months bc you don't need to rinse the poo separately (and newborns can go through five diapers in 15 minutes sometimes😂). It's been a while since I was doing it but I'll be happy to answer any questions when you get going.

@amccurls Congratulations! That's very exciting.

AFM I'm feeling bummed because I had an OB appointment today and they may not let me give birth in the birth center. It all depends on if the blood flow to/from the placenta looks okay in two weeks when I have my next scan. Fingers crossed it will all be fine and I'm not going to borrow from future grief, but I was annoyed that they might want to limit my choices. Ugh. Wish my placenta luck.
  • I made my first significant baby purchase yesterday too! I bought a Graco car seat for $165 during Amazon Prime early access. It was one of my top three choices. I’m still not 100% sure that I made the right choice. I read reviews that it’s super hard to take the cover off to clean, but I figured I could test it out and return it if it is too difficult.
  • @Paturkey good luck! 
    @karbaud I bought one too when it was on sale! What kind of Graco did you get? 
  • @Paturkey good luck! Sending good vibes 🤞

@karbaud that’s such a good deal! The first big purchase (in our case, a crib) made it feel much more real all of a sudden, at least for us.
  • @amccurls, I bought the Graco Extend2Fit 2 in 1 convertible car seat. What did you buy?
  • @karbaud The slimfit 3in1 
  • @Paturkey I’m going to stay hopeful for you that all will go well with the anatomy scan 🤞Sending you positive thoughts and vibes! ✨😊✨
  • @karbaud the trick with that is to just never clean your car seat 😂 But I have the extend 2 fit and I didn’t find removing the seat cover that awful
  • @kristinl492, haha. I’m actually terrified about having more messes (no kids yet) so how easy something is to clean has been a top priority when researching baby gear (just behind safety). I’m glad removing the cover wasn’t too awful. That’s good to know. I imagine I’ll be doing it often. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
  • @karbaud i know it’s not the one you got but we had the Chicco Key Fit Zip and it was super easy to clean and remove the cover. We had to do that more times than I care to admit for our daughter lol