Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Does this mean miscarriage?

My lmp was August 8, I ovulated on August 23. I took lots of ovulation tests and tracked my cycle very thoroughly.
My first positive test was September 2nd. I should be 8w0d today, went in for the ultrasound and I’m measuring 6w0d with a very low heartbeat. She said my dates could just be off, or the baby could have stopped growing at 6 weeks. I go back next week for another ultrasound. Please tell me any insight you may have, good or bad I just want to have an idea. How would I only be 6 weeks today if I tested positive over 4 weeks ago?

Re: Does this mean miscarriage?

• That is what my gut is saying. Thank you for your response. I truly appreciate it
  • Just had a similar experience. Based on my last period i should have been about 9 weeks but was measuring 6 weeks with no heartbeat. My dr. Confirmed with me my last period date and confirmed pregnancy test date and told me she felt pretty confident it was a miscarriage. Since your embryo still has a heartbeat maybe that’s why your dr. Wants to do a follow up ultrasound to make sure. I have a follow up appointment in a few days and i have the option to do another ultrasound but at this point for me My apt is more to discuss next steps and i am planning to either medical treatment or a D&C but wanted a few days to process and make a decision