June 2023 Moms

Randoms w/o 10/3

Let's hear them! πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Re: Randoms w/o 10/3

• My doctor just called me trying to send me for a dating ultrasound next week when I will only be 5 weeks.Β  I asked if I could wait until 7 since *TW - LOSS* I have had two MMCs that both stopped developing around 6 weeks.Β  He agreed. Going to call today and try to get on the books for the 24th. I refuse to get excited about this until I am told there is a properly developed baby for seven weeks in there.Β 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB I completely understand that and good for you for advocating for a better time. I hope the scan goes well and is reassuring. There's nothing wrong with protecting your heart until you have some clarity.Β 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yo, my hemorrhoid (thanks 2nd child!) just gave me the heart attack of a lifetime. That’s all. I needed to share somewhere!
  • @cassafrass15 the joy of pregnancy, so many things you need to share and just can't sometimes 🀣
  • This boob soreness is sus at best, I can't keep going up a cup size with every pregnancy and I don't think my boobs got the memo πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈΒ 
  • ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited October 2022
    My heartrate always goes up a bit when I am pregnant.Β  Not pregnant my resting heart rate is usually around 66-68.Β  While pregnant it goes into the mid to high 70s.Β  I am catching a cold and woke up with a sore throat and last night my resting heart rate was 86.Β  Yikes!!Β  It is so neat how our bodies work.Β 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB bodies are SO fascinating. My husband and I were talking about breastmilk the other night because DS2 still nurses like one or two times a day (more for cuddles than milk) and he was worried about it. I told him he would probably wean himself when pregnancy dries up/changes my milk anyways! I'm not particularly interested in tandem nursing so at least I hope he will haha
  • Turns out it was a stroke of genius that I diced and froze a watermelon πŸ‰ in the summer. It's the best nausea soothing treat.Β 
  • Got my first appointment with my midwife scheduled! It's almost a full month away though, which makes me feel a little crazy. Feels like time has slowed to a crawl the moment I get my bfp.
  • @thescarletmom I didn't have my first appointment last pregnancy till nearly 12 weeks, I don't know how I did it. Things are so different this time around, but even with my earlier appointments time has still been absolutely crawling till my first ultrasound. I thought betas might give me a dose of patience but nope lol. I think you said in another thread this is the first pregnancy your midwife has an ultrasound machine for first trimester appointments? That's so exciting, I hope time flies!Β 
  • @kalesix3 I always think something is going to give me some peace or patience, and then I get it and it's like hmm nope. Guess I'll just be this way for the entire 9 months lol. And yes, I used to have to go pay for ultrasounds at a private company with my other pregnancies! So I'd go for the dating/initial ultrasound at 8 weeks and then the anatomy scan at 20 and that was it. I wouldn't see her until 12 weeks after the dating ultrasound. So excited she has one now and that I'll get to do the ultrasound and see her at 8 weeks!
  • @thescarletmom oh that's so exciting!!! I'm so happy you get to see her even earlier this time! I can't wait till it's time to get our ultrasound thread going and get little baby updates for everyone!Β 
    I had such a hard time getting a scan booked for my earliest one next week, my RE didn't have staff working at all the week I wanted the scan, and then the practice I'm going to transfer after graduating care from the RE wouldn't do it and then they acted like I was too risky to even be their patient and stressed me out, I finally ended up booking it with the midwives I saw with my son but after all the stress I was like why didn't I just go to an ultrasound boutique lol. Oh well. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈΒ 
  • @kalesix3 ugh that sounds awful! Sucks when it feels like you get the run around trying to schedule something as simple as an ultrasound!Β 

Went to the Renaissance Fest with DH and DSs today. Near the end as we were leaving, there were calls for the start of a pub crawl and my DH jokingly said "think we should sign up?" When I expressed displeasure with that idea it took him probably 5 minutes before he remembered I can't drink now lol. To be fair, we only found out Wednesday and I don't think it will fully set in for him until we have our first appointment. And he did casually mention that we would have another little one in tow next year earlier in the day. It was just funny waiting for him to realize!
  • @thescarletmom I have a feeling I'm going to experience some of that too, πŸ˜‚ that's hilarious just waiting for dh to catch on and remember! It's so cool to experience something and realize you'll have another baby next year to bring along, I love those little random realizations!Β 
  • YES! I am a teacher, and some of my kids are the perfect height for jamming their head into my boob when we hug. 😭
  • kalesix3kalesix3 member
    edited October 2022
    If anyone needs a sign to make an autumn dessert here you go πŸ˜‰

https://inbloombakery.com/pumpkin-cheesecake-bars/

Also as a ps I'm 6 weeks today and officially out of seed size comparisons and onto fruit and vegetables, I forget how big of a milestone this is, even the third time around lolΒ