2nd Trimester

Dealing with people's comments

Hi guys. How do you deal with someone who tells you that you got so big in a few days and that your face looks completely different lol within a matter of four days. How do you respond without being offensive but at the same time stand up for yourself. Keep in mind it is older females saying this. Helpful responses will be appreciated. TIA

Re: Dealing with people's comments

• "I guess that's what pregnancy does to some people, sorry if it bothers you!" then move on.
  • Ugh people (older ladies) are the worssssst. I’d go with something like, “Well, I feel really good and I’m trusting my body to do what it needs to bring this baby into the world healthy. And I feel beautiful.” If you want to be politely b*tchy back you can say something like, ”Wow, It’s interesting you feel comfortable saying that to me.”  Or surprising, shocking, whatever instead of interesting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Bitchy comments about your weight do not deserve polite responses. Fire away.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I think moving forward I will not even respond negatively, just feel like I won't give them the satisfaction that their comments actually have an effect on me.