January 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms Oct 3rd

Happy Monday, hope you all had a nice weekend!

Here's your spot for miscellaneous questions and comments this week.

GTKY: What do you do in your spare time? Favorite hobbies?

Re: Weekly Randoms Oct 3rd

• Options
    @zamoraspin did the product spotlight spreadsheet get deleted? I can't access it anymore. 
  • Options
    Ever since becoming a mom I don’t get a lot of free time for full on hobbies but I do enjoy reading and playing Stardew Valley in the evenings to relax.

On another note, is anyone else constantly having to log out and log back into the bump in order for the community to work properly.  I feel like half the time I can read post but the option to reply doesn’t show up, or I can’t scroll down on posts at all.  After I log out and then back in it seems to fix itself but it’s super annoying. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @beccaneu it has done that to me too, 4 or 5 times. It’s very annoying, and sometimes I don’t catch it right away and just think no one has posted anything new.

I’m trying to soak up the free time with my husband before baby boy joins us. We’re media junkies in this house, so we like to watch shows and movies together. I’m a casual gamer and an avid reader. Hoping at least the reading I can manage once there’s a baby in the house.
  • Options
    @beccaneu same here! And like @cc_clark it always takes me a while to realize it and I think there’s been no new posts. 

I like to read, bake, and take my dog for walks/hikes in new places. Haven’t baked in a while since we had a month long heat wave here but I hope to be able to keep this up when baby comes and would love to pass on my baking passion to her. 

I’ve been super sick since Friday with a cold and the most unique part of being sick while pregnant is having an appetite! Even though I can’t taste much, my body has not stopped asking for food every 1-2 hours. I’m glad because I’ve gained a healthy minimum amount of weight and don’t want that to slow down even more. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @r_kenn99 feel better soon!

When not pregnant, I like to hike and mountain bike. I'm still biking a little (for the commute) but I witnessed a pretty bad accident last week that has left me a little shell shocked. (TW for injury)
    My town is small and bike friendly, with enough trails so I can plan most trips to not be on the road at all. Last week I was taking a shortcut though and saw a college boy crash after taking a downhill too fast. He was pretty messed up in his face. He was also either concussed or in shock (unfortunately he wasn't wearing a helmet). I didn't know what to do for him until the ambulance arrived since he wasn't talking. So I offered him my sweater to mop his face up, which he accepted. It's been a week and I'm still thinking about him and hoping he's alright. I'm pretty sure there was no permanent damage, but I have no way of knowing. 

Anywho, I haven't biked since then 😕.

But I'm noticeably lazier since being pregnant and chasing after my kiddos is basically my full time hobby. Besides that I like to read, knit, and cook. I love trying new recipes!
  • Options
    I mean I can hardly keep to my goal of hoping on here once a day if that gives any indication for how little free time i have lmao. My husband and I both work full time, often over time, and in our spare time have been renovating our house inside and out since we bought it in 2019! I guess you could call us both busy bees but we are trying to be intentional about also modelling relaxation and downtime for our toddler by reading him books and doing floor rough and tumble play lol prior to having my first child I worked part time and my husband worked out of town so I had a LOT of free time! I was an avid yogi/ hiker/ dog walker and the first thing I usually do if I get a spare moment to myself is some yoga because it fills my cup up! I also usually love cooking and nourishing my body with good food and making healthy food taste GOOD but pregnancy always throws my taste and smell off and literally nothing is appeasing or tasty and I don’t feel like cooking in that state lol 
  • Options
    The "your baby is a size of..." on thebump drive me batty because they almost never pick an item with a standardized size. Also, pretty sure coconuts are bigger than grapefruits and baby didn't shrink last week.🧐

Reading and running are my main hobbies, working and parenting can squeeze that time so making a conscious effort is necessary.