EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from? 

Re: Weekly Check In 10/3

• Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21st / 16 weeks tomorrow

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Team blue/pink/green: hopefully finding out this week

Upcoming Appointments: just got a reminder to schedule my anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: better this week than last week. I was having headaches and terrible nausea last week out of nowhere but it seems to be gone now. Just a little brain fog now and the same RLP as last week. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - just ready for tax season to be over. I’m so sick of it. I’m so tired. Rave - since our season has been winding down we’re making really good money right now at work which is so exciting because I really want to pay off some debt before baby is here. We took out money to start our business 3 years ago and I’m so ready for it to be paid off. Being self employed makes it so hard to manage cash flow because we get inconsistent income all year so this is a good time of year where everyone pays their bills. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from? I feel like I should be quoting my dad here about work ethic but to be honest the advice that I think about pretty much on a daily basis is from my manager at a restaurant I worked at in college. I was crying because a customer was mad and my manager said “it’s just pizza and beer. Don’t get too upset.” I have used that phrase to center myself and stop panic attacks hundreds of times now over the years. What’s at stake? Does it matter? Should I be upset over this? Works every time. It’s really helped me to figure out things that matter especially with baby on the way. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 15 + 3

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Team blue/pink/green: not sure yet! But finding out when we can

Upcoming Appointments: supposed to be Wednesday for prenatal check up, but I'm sick (not COVID), so we'll see.

How are you feeling?: Sick. Coughing a lot. A BB it congested, and my son is home cause his daycare is closed. Luckily I think if he had it, he's pretty much over it, so he can go to daycare tomorrow when I have another day to actually rest (unlike today when I just got his naptime).

Rants/Raves: Rant: my FIL was here this weekend and I started feeling sick on Saturday (barely) but it really hit me yesterday and my husband is showing little sympathy.

Questions:

GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from? Not sure if best, but my boss said something like once you let go of what is out of your control, you relax a lot. (I paraphrase)
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 8; 17w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: October 24 for anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: feeling good but tired. And I’m just crabby more this pregnancy because of the tiredness from having a toddler and from a kindergarten class who doesn’t like to listen 🙃

Rants/Raves: DS turns 2 next Tuesday! His birthday party is this Saturday and it’s Bluey themed. 

GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from?  

I think it’s been told by many people but I live by this - Take care of yourself first before anyone else. If you aren’t giving yourself 100% of you, then you can’t give anyone else who needs you the best of yourself.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 14, 17 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: #3

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: blood work tomorrow, appt next Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: finally better but the insomnia is beginning.. so more tired somehow 

Rants/Raves: I have a very very part time job that I took on as an interim position and I’m ready for it to be over, but they still need me. This week I’ve been trying to figure out solutions but it’s giving me so much anxiety on top of everything else. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from? Don’t sweat the petty stuff and don’t pet the sweaty stuff. Lol I can’t think of anything good but that one always makes me laugh. Pretty sure that was my grandpa Ron. 😂
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks EDD March 5

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato 

Team blue/pink/green: will be finding out. TBA Oct 22 

Upcoming Appointments: possibly tomorrow. Oct 13 for anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: stressed but better 

Rants/Raves: rant- bleeding again. It’s normal with an IVF pregnancy I’m told so I’m trying to just be calm about it. Also rant- met someone new today at work who congratulated me about my pregnancy, she then proceeded to stare at my stomach and ask “you’re sure it’s just one?”  Now this is the 2nd time I’ve been asked that within the last 2 weeks. It confuses me because it’s not a nice/flattering thing to be asked and if you’re genuinely concerned my dr has missed my 2nd baby, it’s also a weird thing to ask. I’m really trying to be nice and professional to people simply because I am so close to being able to go on a leave from work and not be back for 24 months lol. But the lord is testing me. 

Questions: does anyone take any additional vitamins aside from the prenatal? I read how much calcium we should be having daily and I’m like 1/4 of it on a good day. I’ve been having 2 tums a day which is fantastic for calcium. 

My mother in law actually just told me something that has been really helping me lately “don’t worry about the same thing twice”. I keep having this big worry that my husband won’t be here when I go into labour since he works 16 hours away from home and the flight home is not available too often. She keeps reassuring me that she will get him here no matter what lol. (His boss own a private helicopter and has also assured me he will be home the moment I feel like I’m going into labour. Let’s hope for no false labours lol) 
  • k_keyser1996k_keyser1996 member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  EDD they are saying currently 3/31 but I know that could change for sure 14 weeks 4 days  

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM to Twins 

Baby is the size of a(n): babies are size of peaches 

Team blue/pink/green: green 

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week appointment in a few weeks 

How are you feeling?: right now, always hungry, back is starting to hurt, I’m exhausted and having a hard time sleeping. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: what are some good places to buy maternity clothes? And what size should I buy since I’m having twins? 

GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from? Best advice I have received is just to go with what happens in life as we can’t control it. My mom told me that a lot growing up. 
  • @disneybaby23 - "Just pizza and beer." Love it! So simple and helps you think the bigger picture.

@babymac4321 - "Are you sure it's just 1?" is such a weird question. Along with "Are you sure you're only ___ weeks?" My mom says stuff like that to me, and I'm like, you've had 7 kids and you still say comments like that? 

@k_keyser1996 - I like to shop at Target, Old Navy, and Motherhood Maternity. It's a lot of trial and error though since the latter two are online exclusively. I would just buy whatever size you're comfortable in and keep adding pieces as you grow. I usually use two different sizes throughout my pregnancies.
  • @marebear15 thank you! I will try them!! 
  • @babymac4321 I don’t understand why people think that’s a good one to ask. I’ve been getting that since I started showing. This bump popped so fast for baby #3. It doesn’t help that my SIL is a month ahead of me and still isn’t showing. My MIL makes some fun comments about that and is making both of us feel uncomfortable. 🙄
  • @k_keyser1996 They usually say to start out with your pre-pregnancy size initially. I would probably not go crazy and just buy essentials and see what happens. Bump sizes vary widely! You may be fine all pregnancy or you may have to size up. Looking at my old clothes I do see some different sizes, but I’m not sure if I had to order more than once…it’s been a few years. For what it’s worth, I’ve found my pre pregnancy size at old navy and motherhood now is somewhat loose on me even in the non-bump areas, so you might want to try a test piece out from various companies too. I’m hoping I can just stay with what I have. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 15+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Ring pop!

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: next week for 16 week check. I feel like I just had my 12 week checkup! Slow down!

How are you feeling?: Mostly good but getting SPD pains now. Going to try to get a swim pass to get some joint friendly exercise. 

Rants/Raves: Work is being slow with coming up for a plan for my maternity leave to cover my absence. 

ugh I’m blanking on this. I haven’t had much good advice from family in my life and I’ve blazed my own trail. My husband is usually the best life coach about reminding me to keep a good perspective and not sweat the small stuff. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/14, 17 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3TM

Baby is the size of a(n): PlayStation 4 controller! DH was tickled by this

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal on Oct. 20 and anatomy scan on Halloween

How are you feeling?: My nausea has kicked into high gear the last few weeks and I'm also having headaches (probably from the weather). I've also had some SPD-like pain starting. I noticed that the 2 pregnancies where I was put on pelvic and/ or bed rest for weeks, I developed SPD but not the one where I never was put on pelvic or bed rest. I wonder if that's connected or coincidence 🤔

Rants/Raves

Rant: I got all the way to my prenatal appointment today only to find out it was cancelled when I got there. I wasn't upset that it was cancelled since things happen but they rescheduled me for 2 weeks out, which means there's a 6 week gap between my last appointment and my next one. That's just making me super anxious.

Rave: I'm absolutely loving seeing the team pink/ blue/ green question change from "not sure" to pink or blue! So exciting.

"The majority of your relationship with your children happens when they're adults."

I heard this on a TikTok over the summer and it really helped me with a perspective shift. Logically I already knew that but I actually processed it and it changed a lot for me. I became more relaxed and focused more on connecting and bonding with my kids rather than fussing over rules and schedules. It helped me with decision making a lot, especially with tense moments. I like to think, "if adult DD remembers this moment and tells me about it in the future, will I be embarrassed/ ashamed / disappointed/ etc by my reaction?" And for me it took a lot of pressure off of "enjoying every little moment while you can". Because, yes I'll obviously miss the times when my kids were kids, but I have my entire life to know and love and enjoy these little monsters. And that just makes me really happy.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/20 16+1
    FTM/STM/TTM+:#7
    Baby is the size of a(n): action figure
    Team blue/pink/green: BLUE!!! 
    Upcoming Appointments: next midwife appt is October 19
    How are you feeling?: tired, headaches, still struggling with food 
    Rants/Raves: Rants- I've mentioned it in the What are you eating thread but I'm so tired of struggling with food. I just want to have an actual appetite, have something actually sound good, and eat semi normal again. 
    Raves- we announced publicly last week when we found out we are having another boy. I was so pleasantly suprised at all the positive comments. We have had a couple doozies the last couple pregnancies and I was preparing myself for the same this time. 
    Questions: Na. 
    GTKY: What do you feel is the best advice you have received in life? Who did you receive it from?  You don't wait for the perfect time or you'll be waiting forever. I think from my mom when I found out I was pregnant with my first, which was definitely not planned and I was kind of freaking out. My hubs now, then boyfriend basically Fiance were still babies ourselves (21 and 22 and mentally or financially not there yet), I was in college with a year to finish, and always had this perfect plan in my head of college, career, marriage, house, own my own business, then have two babies. Truthfully I think we've basically lived our entire adult lives on this advice. 😅 Lots of struggle and work in the beginning but so much joy and couldn't imagine our lives any other way now. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • shorty-sarshorty-sar member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Potato

Team blue/pink/green: Finding out in 2 weeks 

Upcoming Appointments: OB appointment on the 14th, and then anatomy on 20th. 

How are you feeling?: Hungry and achy. My sciatica has been acting up lately, and it’s making it hard to sleep. 🥲 I do stick a pillow between my knees and it does help, but not as much as I’d like!

Rants/Raves: 

Rave- I told my students last week(every kid at my elementary school) about the baby and their reactions were so cute! The older kids were really excited, and the littles thought the baby just appears out of thin air. 😂 I tried touching my toes and made a comment about not being able to do it, and the kindergartners were so confused. I told them the baby was in my belly, and now they wave at my belly. 🥹😂 I did use the baby as an excuse to make sure one of the younger classes used their inside voices, or not to upset it or else it will kick me. Some care and others don’t. 😅

Rant- 80 degree weather has been back for a few weeks and I’m over it! 

Questions: N/A

“You’ll get there when you get there, it’s not a race.”

I think I learned this from my mom. I think she said this to me when I was in college. I was struggling emotionally with where I was standing at college. I was behind because I tested into low math(didn’t even get college credit for it) at my first college, and left my first college at the start of winter quarter. Once I got to my second college, I realized how long it would take for me to graduate, and I freaked out. By the time I started my program and got all of the pre-requisites done, I felt better about my standings. 

I tried to keep this advise in mind when we were TTC. Some days it was easy, but when multiple people I knew got pregnant(some that didn’t even try), it was hard.  
  • missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 18 weeks + 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): An artichoke

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today, anatomy scan on November 3

How are you feeling?: Great, fascinated by my growing belly. I know the rest of me has a little more padding than before but I'm really not feeling bigger overall, just in my midsection.

Rants/Raves: Rave: We finally told my in-laws last weekend. They were very surprised and very happy. It's given them a new purpose. Rant: Stress at home

Questions: Did any of you STMs+ go up in shoe size after past pregnancies? As someone with big feet, this is a fear of mine (I think it's pretty legit and not just me being vain/petty) and I already have an "action plan." Basically, wear shoes with support (sneakers) as much as possible, based on some things I've read. If anyone has experience, good, bad, I'd love to hear it.

Whatever it is that you want to do, you're prepared right now.

A very successful businesswoman said this to me years ago when I met up with her for a coffee to talk about a half-baked business idea I had. She was unimpressed but was polite and said something along these lines to me, and it's stuck with me over the years. Endlessly preparing and researching tends to be procrastination (and paralysis/not following through only perpetuates self-doubt). I just need the courage and discipline to put myself out there and start, today.
  • @nopegoat Our advice is the same idea :)
  • @missmusiq my feet didn't change size at all. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida thank you!! I will definitely try what you suggested first! I appreciate it! 
  • @nopegoat - I keep telling my sister that advice. "There's no perfect time to have a baby; you'll be waiting forever." She has one girl and desperately wants another, but her baby is already 2 and that "close in age" gap is getting farther and farther apart. Her husband just started another degree, so they just put it on hold for 1-2 more years.

@missmusiq - My feet are still the same size. I only had problems with swelling for my summer pregnancies.
  • @missmuisq My feet grew half a size after my first pregnancy.
  • @missmuisq my feet never grew in size, but I will say that having shoes that slip on was key. I would wear my shoes untied so I didn’t have to bend over to put them on/take them off 🙃 
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited October 2022
    @muggsd Ugh yes! I have to wear steel toe boots for work, tying them them is the worst.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Mar. 30/ 15+0

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Donut

Upcoming Appointments: We had our NT ultrasound last week and it went well. We also had the NIPT done and the results came back clear. I have another appointment in about 2 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall. It was fun to see the bebe again and realize that it's really in there and moving around.

Rants/Raves: None this week.

Questions: NATM

From a Grad school professor: "Be a duck and let water (ie. things) roll off your back" - you just can't get too worked up about most things. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 13th/17+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Team blue/pink/green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan on the 21st, follow up on the 24th. Can’t wait till the anatomy scan, haven’t seen the baby since 6.5 weeks! 

How are you feeling?: Not bad overall, except these headaches I’ve been getting every day without fail. It’s hard to get the day started and get work or chores done, and I don’t want to always be taking Tylenol. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - Landlord has (legally, unfortunately) given us till the end of the month to move out so he can sell the property we’re living in. I’ve been spending a lot of time agonizing over finding the “perfect” place for our family this last week. I know that’s rather unrealistic, especially in a month’s time, and that a lot of places can be workable and even good if we make them.
    Rave - The last couple weeks, I wasn’t sure the feelings I had on and off were movement, but this week I am much more confident that’s what they are, and they are becoming more frequent as well. It’s very cool, and a lot of the time I am just in awe I have made it this far. 

Questions: n/a

That many, if not most, decisions aren’t permanent. My mom told me this a long time ago when I was struggling to decide where to live after college. It is something I still have to work to remember. While some decisions can’t be changed immediately or without a lot of work, they still *can* be changed, and knowing that makes me feel a bit more in control. I have a tendency to feel that decisions I need to make are “all or nothing” when they actually aren’t.
  • @mytrueloves I’m 6 weeks between appointments right now!! It just happened that way because of when my first appointment was scheduled, and it threw off the scheduling for when I need my anatomy scan and they don’t want to see me before 20 weeks. It’s been LOOOONG. And then I had to reschedule to a few days later which falls on a Monday because of parent teacher conferences so I’m almost waiting 7 weeks 😭 but my OB told me that if I need anything to call in right away but things have been okay.