2nd Trimester
Options

First Kicks?

Currently 19 weeks with my second pregnancy. I still haven’t felt much movement from the baby. Should I be concern? Any helpful comments will help.

Re: First Kicks?

• Options
    No, baby still has plenty of room.  Enjoy it, once you start feeling kicking it will continue to increase and become uncomfortable.  
  • Options
    By "haven't felt much movement" it sounds like you've already felt some. Even if you hadn't felt any by now, you'd still be fine. I think they say you should start feeling something by 24 weeks, and it may not be daily/regular/predictable until 28. When you get your 20 week anatomy scan, they can tell you where the placenta is; if it's anterior, you'll feel less and later. I hadn't felt anything at all yet at my 20 week scan, and my doctor was surprised (the placenta was high and back)... I was so worried, I was holding my breath during the ultrasound hoping my baby was still alive. He was, and quite active! I started feeling movements a few days later and every day since. But, there is absolutely no reason to worry at this point, so please try to relax! I know how stressful it is to worry about it, I was almost in tears reading other people's stories of feeling movement at 13 weeks or something. But it's really fine!