June 2023 Moms
Options

**tw** spotting/bleeding/threatened mc thread

This thread is for support and questions around spotting/bleeding. 🖤

Conversations surrounding these issues can be discussed here freely. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support. 🖤

Copied from prior BMBs. 

TTC History:
Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
BFP November 2015
Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

Re: **tw** spotting/bleeding/threatened mc thread

• Options
    I’ve been having brown spotting since Thursday. It hasn’t gotten worse but it’s really been worrying me. The spotting is light but has stained my underwear twice now. Has anyone else had this? Can it be normal? I’m 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Is it too late to be experiencing implantation bleeding?
  • Options
    a_tee_jaya_tee_jay member
    edited October 2022
    I’m experiencing the same thing. I went to the emergency room this morning because I was so worried. Unfortunately, they couldn’t tell me much because it’s so early. They took my blood and shared that my levels are normal but we could not locate the embryo in my scan. They said that this can also be too early to see anything as well. I have to go back in two days for additional blood word to monitor my hormone levels. Sorry I don’t have an answer for you, but I feel your same worries right now 🙏🏼
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did have about 2-3 days of light brown spotting at some point between 5-6 weeks with my second pregnancy and was told by my midwife it was probably just implantation bleeding (brown is old blood). Sending you both positive thoughts ❤️
  • Options
    I am feeling so stupid. I did some exercise today, and now about 30 min later am having some
    light red/pink discharge. I’m so upset with myself. This is my fourth pregnancy this year, and the previous 3 have ended in miscarriage. I did like a prenatal core, some barre legs, and some bodyweight lower body. I didn’t think that would hurt anything and now I’m worried I’m going to lose this one, too. 

I’m not even 4 weeks yet. I got a strong positive FREF this morning at 12DPO. 
  • Options
    I’m experiencing the same thing. This morning I did have a red sliver of discharge so that is unsettling. Yesterday I passed a black clot like thing. I did ask my midwife for an ultrasound to verify things. When she was asking me questions about what happened, she didn’t sound concerned. Apparently you can have late implantation bleeding, or it’s taking awhile to come out. I went on a rabbit hole on YouTube and on forums to get more information about this. I do think brown discharge is normal for a lot of people, and a lot of girls have burst of actual spotting but end up being okay. I just want an answer as to what it is/if my baby is okay. The time you should be worried about it is if you’re cramping and having a bright red flow. Still scary and hearing it’s “normal” doesn’t help if you don’t know what it is. I’m 5w3d but have been getting the brown since 5w. 
  • Options
    Had my first ultrasound on Monday to rule out ovarian cysts (I have a history of them and have been uncomfortable the last few days). Of course, I just turned 5 weeks today so nothing was visible. 😩 But, since yesterday, I have been seeing bright red blood when I wipe. Called the office and they said because they “haven’t confirmed my pregnancy” that bleeding is normal after an u/s.  :|

Any one else experience light, bright red bleeding after their u/s?

We lost our baby girl at 29 weeks earlier this year, so I am kind of freaking out…
  • Options
    becks105becks105 member
    edited October 2022
    @knottie  I had 2 or so days of brown discharge around 10/11 DPO. I haven’t had any more pink spotting since that evening so I’m hoping everything is ok. I go in next week for early monitoring. My experiences with my last 3 losses have all involved some kind of spotting or bleeding, so I am nervous to say the least. But, then again, I also had spotting with my daughter early on, and then a bleed with her, too, and she’s almost 3 and a half. Sending you positive vibes!

@birthingabustillo did they ask you to come in for any follow up or repeat labs? With my last pregnancy, I went in at 5 weeks for bleeding that was more than just when I wiped. There was nothing on my ultrasound. Repeated labs and ultrasound two days later, and the US didn’t match what should have been visible with my HCG. Long story short, after two more visits, there’s more ultrasounds, and two trips to the ER… I lost my right fallopian tube due to ectopic. 
  • Options
    Oh, no! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers—I can’t imagine going through those experiences. You are so strong!

I had to go in for my first beta yesterday—I went after I called. Just got my results and my beta is only 109, I’m supposed to be 5 weeks today. 😩 With my son, they were 7709 at 5weeks, so I’m a little nervous to say the least. 

I’m going back for the 48-hour beta tomorrow to see if my levels go up. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news on Friday—driving myself crazy with the anxiety. 🥴
  • Options
    @birthingabustillo thinking of you ❤️ 
  • Options
    I had some really light brown spotting start today. I have had some cramps the last few days and I am freaking out because this the same time I found out I miscarried previously, to the day (5w5d)

I had a beta test on Wednesday and it was 17,756 so I thought everything was ok. I just had blood taken for my 48 hour test and am, very nervously, waiting for the results.
  • Options
    Thinking of you @sbaby2023 ❤️
  • Options
    So on Friday evening I had one wipe of red after *ahem* straining a bit due to constipation. Due to my previous losses I immediately thought the worst, put on a pad and just accepted that this could be it. I was up a few times that night to pee and only had the lightest brown with one wipe and then absolutely nothing since. I'm pretty sure it was just some cervical irritation and I'm starting to calm down a bit. However, I've also been having what I think are really intense gas pains, bloating and just general GI issues...so having cramping and discomfort still has me on edge. 
    Anyone else with cramping? 
  • Options
    @sunny_native14 I’ve been having a lot of cramping and constipation this time around. (Had a bit of a fright thanks to the hemorrhoid one of older kids bequeathed me during her gestation, but no real scares so far)
  • Options
    Super anxious today. The last 3 days I haven't been able to eat without throwing up, then suddenly yesterday evening after I got home from work I was starting to feel a little better. I was able to eat some of the dinner DH made and kept it down. Ever since then I've barely been nauseated at all, mostly small waves of some stronger nausea here and there. I'm panicking that it feels like my symptoms are going away and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and to start bleeding.
  • Options
    @cassafrass123 hoping your symptoms have eased up a bit, pregnancy hemorrhoid's are no fun!

@thescarletmom ugh, I hear you with the decrease in symptoms causing anxiety! I'm sorry you're going through that. It's weird to say that I hope you get super nauseous again...but I do hope you can find some peace of mind.

My cramping and bloating have eased up considerably. Just having the lightest of brown spotting...I don't even think you can call it that- it's hardly noticeable, only when wiping. I'm just constantly telling myself to think positively and just stay in the moment...so hard to do though. 
  • Options
    @sunny_native14 glad to hear you're feeling better! It's hard because I'm still so early, it's not even like going in for an ultrasound would help (5w today) and I know as some point your hcg levels get so high it kind of messes with how dark the line on a test is? So it feels like a waiting exercise and I hate it.
  • Options
    I had nausea 3 days ago. Yesterday no nausea. Today, cramping a lot. I’m so nervous. 5 wks 1 day here.
  • Options
    Knottie, I had a very similar experience just yesterday (also 5w1) without the cramping. I was so sick for days and all of a sudden I felt more or less pretty good for about a day and a half. I feel awful again today though! Thinking of you, it's very nervewracking.
  • Options
    I’m thinking this is going to end up a chemical pregnancy. This morning I took 4 cheap tests and only saw a line on one of them and it’s still so faint. I’m 16dpo. I got my first blood draw yesterday so will know more once those results are back. I told my husband it’s a loss, but then I saw that last line and so I guess there’s hope? I don’t know. I’m sad and kind of numb about it. I hate the uncertainty, but at the same time I feel very confident that this is going to end :( 
  • Options
    Ok update to the above: my HCG came back at 63 at 15dpo. My lines are still faint. So we just have to get to Monday for test number two and see what’s happening 
  • Options
    @thescarletmom I’m feeling all the symptoms again. Thank goodness. Happy to hear you’re feeling them too!!
  • Options
    @sbaby2023 how were the 48hr results
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 thinking of you ❤️
  • Options
    I’m here because I had a pink tinge when I wiped this evening, and a history of losses. 
    Things have been a little “irritated” so I don’t know if it’s just irritation or implanting… 
    Who knows I guess, but I just told my husband today. 😬😅
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 thinking positive thoughts for you 💕

I've been continuing to have very light brown spotting sporadically every few days. My midwife has reassured me that it shouldn't be anything to worry about (I'm not having any cramping or other symptoms). I do think it's just mild cervical irritation. But I just keep obsessing over it and googling certainly doesn't help. My midwife offered to move up my appointment a few weeks, so I don't have to wait until 10/wks, I'm thinking of taking her up on the offer, just to (hopefully) put my mind at ease.
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 im so sorry, that all sounds so maddening! With my first, I took test after test that was negative and didn't get a positive until I was 6 WEEKS along. I know some people/pregnancies just have lower hcg early on. I totally understand having to assume the worst to protect yourself, I hope that things are looking up on Monday ❤️ thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 thinking of you hoping things look up and all goes well on tomorrow for you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 good luck today!
  • Options
    Thank you guys for the well wishes. The nurse this morning said that the actual doctor has to send in the order for the second beta test — nurses can send the first orders but not the second. So I have to wait for that to happen before I head to the lab. It’s extra stressful because we just moved to the area and so I don’t actually even have a doctor so i have no idea how long it’s going to take before they send the lab order. I’m basically just waiting to leave my house as soon as they email me. The nurse also told me that paying attention to lightness or darkness of a urine test result is pointless. No matter what, early pregnancy is terribly stressful, filled with unknowns. I wish I hadn’t found out so early! 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 finding out early is sooo hard. I found out at 6 weeks with my first, 4w4d with my second, and 4w with this baby. My oldest was by far the least stressful first few weeks in that regard. 

For better or worse, at least you're not torturing yourself analyzing the darkness of a test stick ❤️ I hope you get to go soon and take this step towards putting your  mind at ease!
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 thinking of you mama, loss is a beast. I hope that's not the answer and that we hear from you again, but also holding space for you and your family if the news today isn't good. Much love ❤️ 
  • Options
    HCG came back at 10 so definitely a loss. Thank you @thescarletmom and best wishes to everyone ❤️ 
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I'm so sorry. We're here for you ❤️
  • Options
    @ccmrc so sorry to hear that sending prayers for you. I had US and bloodwork today baby is there but still no hearbeat i'm measuring 7w 3d so I am pretty sure its a loss...i do have an ob apt next tues I am praying for different results and answers from today
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I’m so sorry for this loss and setback for you! I hope good things come your way in the future!
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 sending you soo much love 
  • Options
    @misscarter87 please keep us updated! What were HCG results?? Maybe they just can’t get a good spot in there to find heartbeat ❤️
  • Options
    @maddmama thank you i will...i am hoping for much better news and a heartbreat when i see my OB doc Tuesday🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 yesterday er doc just said the preg doesnt look normal most probly with them not finding a hb today on US still wasnt a good sign &my levels were still the same from last week nothing really changed us showed i am 7w3d ystrday.. but i have prayed about this &asked god please give my bby a hb &let my appt go much different next wk than yesterday's ER visit 🙌🏽