February 2023 Moms
Options

Help pls don't judge 18 weeks + pregnant dilemma

PLEASE DONT JUDGE!! Im very worried who might be the father of my child and not feeling my pregnancy need help who possible can be the father

LMP: Saturday 21st May 2022

Ovulation: 4th or 5th June 2022

Due Date: 25th February 2022

Dating scan : on Wed 17th August 2022 I was 12 weeks + 4 days obestrictian said.

Guy 1: on the morning of Sunday 29th May 2022 ( 8 days after my last cycle)

Guy 2: Sunday 5th June 2022 - 16 June 2022

Took pregnancy test : 22nd June ( clear blue 2 weeks + postive)

My cycle is regular every 28 - 29 days and I also have polycystic ovary, which I only found out on my dating scan when I was 12 weeks pregnant

Any help, on who likely the father of my baby is guy 1 or guy 2

Re: Help pls don't judge 18 weeks + pregnant dilemma

• Options
    seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited September 2022
    If you're pretty sure of when you ovulated, it's most likely #2 and not very likely #1. But that's if you're sure of when you ovulated or when in your cycle you normally do since everyone is different. For example...I normally ovulate day 10 so my chances would be higher for it to be guy #1. (I only have a guy #1 but I'm sure you get what I'm saying).
  • Options
    I agree with @seeds_of_joy. Most likely guy #2. Ovulation is typically around day 14, especially if you have a 28 day cycle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes my cycle are always 28 to 29 days for the past 3 months being tracking.
    Date scan: 17th August 2022 said I was 12 weeks and 4 days
    Which bring me to 25th May 2022 and then countt 4 days back: my LMP : 21st May 2022. Which makes me right bang on timing

So yes I mostly ovulate around day 14/ 15 never earlier.

I'm also harder to conceive due to me having PCOS (POLYCYSTIC OVARY)
  • Options
    Yeah, so the issue is that even with a 28 or 29 day cycle, you may ovulate at a different time within the cycle. Like the 1 full cycle I tracked properly with basal body temperature was 29 days, but I ovulated on day 13. I just had a long luteal phase. Since you can’t know for sure unless you’ve specifically tracked your ovulation within your cycle, and since sperm can technically live for up to 5 days before fertilization, it could be either of them although Guy #2 is the most likely candidate. A paternity test is the only way to be sure, though.