May 2023 Moms
Options

Already annoyed with your provider?

Me! I am! 
I took last week to let the news sink in just a bit. So this morning i had plans to call my already established OB to let them know what was going on and to schedule my first prenatal appointment. My two DD were born while my husband was serving in the army, so civilian maternity care is a whole new ball game for myself. Not to mention I haven’t been pregnant since 2018. Stuff changes…often and quickly. Well…they had no appointment until NOV 17! Im currently 5w 2d, so that wouldnt put me in to be seen until nearly 13 weeks!!! 

Is this typical?? When is the earliest or latest you have had a first visit?  

I feel yuck about it. As I mentioned prior this is our first unplanned pregnancy…and i was already debating leaving my ob to find a cnm anyway. This is definitely my sign. 

Re: Already annoyed with your provider?

• Options
    Wow. That seems really far out. My first appt is 8w. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    It depends on your situation, usually the cnm’s I see have you come in around 8-10, unless you’re high risk then at 6-7. It wouldn’t hurt to check with other offices if you’re already not super thrilled with the one you have, I would if it were me. It definitely seems like a little late but if you don’t have any other major risk factors then not completely ridiculous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catem07 i feel like it too. For the very first appointment. Im guessing they want to do the ultrasound and appt. all at once. I just feel uncomfortable that I’ll be totally done with my first trimester before ill be seen. 
  • Options
    @cait32 I see, that makes me feel a bit better. 
  • Options
    @bunniecee It will be a a bit of work to reestablish with a new provider, but already getting the ick, I’m definitely looking somewhere else. My gut has yet to steer me wrong. 
  • Options
    @slhawkins25 I totally get it, during my last pregnancy I started with the OBs I delivered my first with but it’s been 10 years and things have changed and I didn’t care for the practice at all so I changed around 7weeks to the midwives I see now and I really prefer them. It was a little annoying but it wasn’t too terrible, totally worth it though!