Group 3 Check In w/o 9/26

FTM/STM/TTM+:
EDD/Weeks+Days:
Baby is the size of:
Team blue/pink/green:
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
GTKY: What movie can you watch over and over and it never gets old?

Re: Group 3 Check In w/o 9/26

• Options
    IDK if I should move over to this group since my due date officially changed... since there isn't too much activity in each weekly check in, anyone have thoughts about combining weeks 1&2 and 3&4? Just an idea for more ongoing conversations. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    EDD/Weeks+Days: 10 weeks 1 day - EDD 4/23
    Baby is the size of: Strawberry or a Prune depending on what site you check
    Team blue/pink/green: Team green till delivery!
    Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow will be with my OBGYN, likely just a doppler, its 4 weeks since my initial pregnancy confirmation appointment. Then 10/11 my NT/NIPT scan at the hospital. Anxious for that.
    How are you feeling?: Depends on the day-  one moment not pregnant at all, next, headache, feeling awful, nauseous. 
    Rants/Raves: Rave! Today is 60 days from my DisneyWorld trip and so my dining/experience reservations opened before 6am today -I was able to get almost everything I wanted! 
    GTKY: What movie can you watch over and over and it never gets old? I'm not really a movie person but I have a few standby favs, mostly holiday movies! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ LOVE the idea of combining groups! I feel like it’d help with getting more together on a thread instead of extra threads with few comments ☺️ Also love holiday movies too! Excited to snuggle up with them this year!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

EDD/Weeks+Days: April 16!

Baby is the size of: Lime

Team blue/pink/green: Finding out! 

Upcoming Appointments: Just had a check up last Thursday, had a second ultrasound and baby is growing right on track! Heartbeat is strong and baby was dancing up a storm the whole time! Next check up isn’t until 10/20

How are you feeling?: Bleh. Still have minimal appetite and every time I do eat nothing tastes good so I eat like a bite then give up. Cereal and pretzels are my go to right now, but would love to get actual food in me haha! My husband makes me a smoothie each morning which is great and is getting me some nutrients at least! 

Rants/Raves: Beyond frustrated with the grandparents right now. We shared early with them as we are very excited but asked them to not share with anyone. They haven’t shared yet, but I’m constantly getting asked when they can and have so much pressure on me. I wish they could understand and appreciate that we shared the surprise early with them and not pressure me to tell more people. We will share when we are ready, it is our baby not theirs. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Rant over.

GTKY: What movie can you watch over and over and it never gets old? Probably Clueless. It is such a happy classic for me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ we combined weeks 1/2 and 3/4 in my last group, but I think we waited a little longer to do that. We might still have some week 4 stragglers come in. I switched over here to week 3 when my EDD got changed to hopefully help it be a little more active lol (since week 2 seems to be really active!)

FTM/STM/TTM+: Stm
    EDD/Weeks+Days: 4/19, 10w5d
    Baby is the size of: Could fit on a tea candle
    Team blue/pink/green: Green
    Upcoming Appointments: 10/12
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good but not sleeping great
    Rants/Raves: going to Austin this weekend for a friend's wedding and leaving the kiddo behind for the first time! So excited but also a little nervous
    GTKY: What movie can you watch over and over and it never gets old? Hmm I'm not a huge movie person. Maybe The Wedding Singer? Or Nightmare Before Christmas 
  • Options
    Update - had my appointment today - it was SO POINTLESS. They didn't even attempt a doppler to hear the heartbeat. She said it was "too early, can't hear anything before 12 weeks" so now I have to wait until 10/11 when my scan at the hospital is. I was just SO waiting for todays assurance, as its been over 3 weeks since my last appointment. Totally bummed out today. 
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ sorry to hear that!! The not knowing is so hard. Do you have an ultrasound scheduled for 10/11?
  • Options
    @cortsull0724 thank you, I do, its my NT scan at the hospital. I'm just feeling very unsupported by this practice. When I mentioned that I had heard of other moms hearing the heartbeat on a doppler before 12 weeks she said "well I'm just the doctor what do I know". I've been with this practice since before I was pregnant with my now 6 year old, but there are 4 doctors, 1 I loathe, 1 is new (so I haven't mete him yet), the one today who is definitely not my favorite, and then my doctor whom I love. I have to see all 4 rotating throughout my pregnancy, with no guarantee who would deliver me. Would you switch doctors? I'm 40, and have a history of loss, I don't think I'm asking too much to receive some attention? Idk I'm probably hormonal and ragey but I'm super disappointed in their care today. 
  • Options
    nsk489nsk489 member
    edited September 2022
    @MsBeachNJ that is so tough! After you meet with all 4 doctors, are you able to request the one you prefer (even though it's a toss up as to who you'll get for delivery)? If not, I would consider switching...I wouldn't want to take my chances with 2 (maybe 3) doctors on my "do not like" list. Especially with being AMA and a history of loss. Seems like this dr was definitely brushing off your concerns!
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: second time mom 
    EDD/Weeks+Days: 11w0d due April 19
    Baby is the size of: a Brussel Sprout 😂
    Team blue/pink/green: not sure 💕💙 some days I’m team pink, others I’m team blue! My symptoms mimic that of my son but with waaay more nausea and no headaches so far. 
    Upcoming Appointments: I have a vaginal appt + heartbeat this week and my first trimester ultrasound in 2.5 weeks (I’ll be 13 weeks) 
    How are you feeling?: pretty good, just more anxious this pregnancy. Haven’t seen/heard baby since 5weeks6days during our confirmation ultrasound 😭 so anxious to hear the heartbeat this week! 
    Rants/Raves: pregnancy bloat is no joke - I forgot how bad it can be ha! One day last week I felt & looked SO pregnant and my jeans were not comfortable to wear. Way too early for this haha! 
    GTKY: What move can you watch over and over and it never gets old: too many! The Holiday, The Proposal & Devil Wears Prada immediately come to mind