January 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms Sept 26th

Happy Monday!  Random thoughts and questions to here for the week.

GTKY: what was the last movie you saw in theaters?

Re: Weekly Randoms Sept 26th

• We got back from our babymoon on Friday and I have a babymoon hangover! During our trip we were up early, watched the sunrise, and did a morning yoga class everyday before exploring Kauai. We came back and have been feeling super sluggish! 

I’m really looking forward to this next and final season before baby and shifting my focus from summer adventures to nesting and relaxing. With that, I hope to be more involved in this group too! 

Last movie I watched in theaters was Top Gun Maverick. @thankfullyamama you haven’t been to the movies since 2009?!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cc_clark that's so cool!  I probably haven't been to a drive in since high school and don't know where a local one to me even is.  

I asked this and now realize I have no idea what the last movie in theaters was, I think I saw something more recently than Me Before You, but I don't know what....
  • @thankfullyamama ditto on upping people's participation, having others online motn in the newborn phase was so nice!
  • zoyo98zoyo98 member
    edited September 2022
    @r_kenn99 Oh my goodness, we went to Kauai as well for our baby moon! We went the first week of September. How crazy!
  • @zoyo98 no way! That’s such a cool coincidence! I was actually surprised I didn’t see more pregnant mamas during our trip.
  • @r_kenn99 that sounds amazing!! I have never been to Hawaii but I am planning to get to all 50 states by the time I'm 50, so I'll have to go at some point in the next 16 years 😅

@cc_clark that is so cool! I feel like drive in theaters got a bit of a revival during the pandemic? At least I went to a drive in film once in 2020 (it was Grease). 

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was the Rise of Skywalker at Christmas 2019. I am sad to say I haven't been back to a movie theater since (although I have seen a few "movies in the park" and that one drive in). 
  • @r_kenn99 nope haha but to be fair I do have a home theatre in my basement so we get a great experience watching new movies in the comfort of our own home!

@cc_clark okay if we had a drive in I would DEF go because what an experience! I’ve never been! 

@wi@willrunforcookies omg yes the middle of the night wakes and connecting with the other mamas while I was exhausted was life saving for me haha 

• Anyone have a recommendation for a cozy sweat set that doesn’t just make you look 500lbs over weight? Lol it’s cold where I live now and I want to still feel cute in a like sweat pants and crew neck sweater set that will last me through the newborn days too but I can not find such mythical items lol 
  • @thankfullyamama I just did a run across the border and picked up some joggers and sweaters from target and they are so cozy but I can still wear them out of the house :) bonus they have zippers up the side of the sweater to use when breastfeeding. 

I’ve been absent from here as my husband got COVID while we were on vacation and I’ve just been trying to keep him alive while working and trying not to catch it. I’ve also started to get pregnancy insomnia and it’s killing me as I’m a monster when I don’t get 9 hours of sleep. 

We sent out my baby shower invite on Saturday and things are flying off my registry. Trying to find places to put everything until we get the nursery set up/I find the time and energy to nest. 

Last movie I saw in theatres was Top Gun: Maverick. Loved it and definitely watching it again and again :) 
  • I am trying to be better about checking in too.  I agree with you @thankfullyamama it is so hard to check in with the chaos of daily life and having other kids at home.  We are always so busy!

I had talked to my OB last week about some heart rate spikes I was getting.  She sent me to a cardiologist just to get checked out.  He said my EKG came back abnormal.  He didn't seem super concerned about it saying that EKGs aren't always 100% accurate.  Or that they can show a problem without there actually being a problem and it could just be baby pushing up on my heart. So I have to go back in 9 months to get a repeat.  Trying not to worry about it, but it's hard sometimes.  And I have to go back next week to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours to make sure there are no issues.  Has anyone else had an abnormal EKG or any heart rate issues during pregnancy?

Last movie I saw was when I took my son to see a movie...I forgot the name of it....it had karate in it and Michael Cera was a voice.
  • @anniez85 Ou I’ll have to go across to the states to check out our target nearby too! Pregnancy insomnia sucks so bad lol but on the upside it may help prepare you in advance for new born days! Trust me you get used to the lack of sleep (also a veteran 9 hours every night kind of gal)

@sparklingdiamond  absolutely! Your blood volume almost like doubled when you are pregnant, it’s a lot for your heart to take and most women have BP/heart rate spikes/ elevations doing normal day to day activities while pregnant! Make sure you are listening to your body! By my third trimester with my first I couldn’t even do two sets of stairs without getting winded light headed etc lol 

• @thankfullyamama Ok thank you that's helpful!  I already do get winded going up and down our stairs :lol: But my heart rate will sometimes hang out between 120-130 in the morning when I'm not doing anything strenuous.  Hopefully the heart rate monitor will just rule out any issues and I can stop worrying haha.
  • @sparklingdiamond that does seem high, has your heart rate changed significantly from prepregnancy?  Glad you're getting it checked out!
  • @willrunforcookies I mean I'm going by my Fitbit, but I can feel my heart has increased like in my chest.  The resting heart rate for the days still stays in a normal range.  I feel like my heart rate gets higher easier now or I just get winded more easily.
  • @sparklingdiamond do yourself a favour and ditch the Fitbit for a bit! Also just “noticing” it elevate can cause anxiety and make it go even higher! And although you may feel like you’re not doing much getting out of bed is actually a hug stressor on our circulatory system going from laying to standing with all the extra blood flow! 
  • Agree with @thankfullyamama I stopped wearing mine early in the summer. Seeing the higher hr freaked me out every time, and almost always drove it up higher. It is hard not to get concerned about feeling winded so easily though! Hope your dr is able to ease your mind about it after some checks @sparklingdiamond
  • @thankfullyamama and @cc_clark I think that's probably a good idea honestly! I thought about taking it off for a bit and I probably should.  I just went this morning to get the 24 hour monitor thing put on so hopefully it will just show nothing!