April 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms - week of 9.19

Has there really been no Randoms started yet? Feel like we need to get more conversation going -what's on your mind this week ladies? 

TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 9.19

• Random things on my mind:

(If you haven't yet picked up on it, I am a big Schitts Creek fan so those are always my default memes!) 

WTF is wrong with Adam Levine - anyone else following that train wreck? His poor wife & kids!!

Anyone else watch Big Brother or the Bachelorette? Both finales this week! Last nights Bachelorette was a huge disappointment to me. I honestly didn't love either bachelorette all season & felt this entire season was a flop... a 3 hour finale last night was far from necessary IMHO! 

I had a service come in to clean my living room couches today (have I ever mentioned what a horrid decision it was to get all off white living room furniture off of our kitchen, with young kids?!) anyway.... for like $350 they made the couches look brand new... Idk why I waited so long to call someone, its been "on my list" forever, but the couches have literally made me crazy & embarrassed for people to even come into our house and now they look fantastic! Guess my point in sharing is, if you're procrastinating doing something like this, like I was, just do it... it makes a huge difference and it took me 2 minutes to book online, they showed up within 4 days, and it didn't cost a fortune.

I ordered a bunch of maternity jeans/pants from Old Navy this week - supposed to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed something works because I can't find any bottoms to wear on a daily basis. Third baby shows early like no joke!! I hate jeans in general so idk why I think I'll like maternity jeans, but I need something to wear! I'm lucky enough to work from home full time so I can be super casual on the bottom.

• @MsBeachNJ I have a chair that is a cream color. My brother and SIL gave it to us when they moved in together and needed to downsize furniture. Luckily there is a slip cover so I can wash it regularly. My carpet is the same way though. I plan on getting at least our main floor and the play room professionally cleaned before the baby comes.  It what I want to know is who put carpet in a dining room? The entire area around where my son eats is soooo gross. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MsBeachNJ I secretly (maybe not so secretly) love celeb gossip 🙈 interested to hear what else comes of this, but I feel so bad for his family.

You'll have to keep us posted on how the ON maternity clothes are! I'm hoping most of my maternity clothes from last time still fit bc I don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff. 

@iiirene I bought a cream colored glider for my son's nursery...idk what I was thinking (like hello....I live on a FARM 🤣🤣). I should probably get that cleaned before the new baby comes
  • Also @MsBeachNJ I have a confession.....I've never watched Schitt's Creek 
  • @nsk489 omg - its going off of Netflix the first week in October - I beg you to binge watch it now, it is SOOO funny! I will definitely keep you posted on the mat clothes - they should be arriving today I hope. As for Adam Levine - I cannot see how he didn't actually cheat - what an idiot... you send those kinds of messages from your verified instagram account!? C'mon you had to know you'd get caught. 

@iiirene carpet in a dining room would drive me nuts too! Though I swear the people that built/designed our home made some super questionable choices too!

Thanks for playing along - think we'll all get to know each other more the more we chat, anyone else, share what's on your mind!

• My husband is so annoying to me today. I have the day off work and I’m trying to get some much needed cleaning and organizing done and just listening to music and he has come upstairs to continue to tell me some random shit about his work over and over and over and over again. I don’t get many kid free days and was looking forward to getting some of this stuff done. I love the man just on days like this it’s like leave me the F*** alone. Probably just hormones
  • I’m feeling a lot better, but now both my H and son have Covid too! H is knocked out, man cold style. S had a rough night, struggling to sleep because of his cough and stuffy nose, but is in good spirits today. I’m still recovering so we’re just going to watch cartoons and snuggle on the couch all day. 
  • @etnyah I’m glad you’re feeling better. I’m so happy my husband never got covid when I had it. He is the biggest man child when he’s sick. Hoping everyone is healthy soon!
  • Y’all does the bloated feeling last forever or am I just constipated? Pregnancy does weird things. This is my first time making it this far (11 weeks) and I feel like a balloon already. Doesn’t help that I’m already overweight.

Also this hurricane basically looks like it’s coming for my house and I have been very very anxious which I know isn’t good for me. I can’t control the storm even though I would like to.

Finally, a good friend just found out she is also pregnant so I’m kinda glad I won’t be going through this completely alone, but we’ll see!!
  • @ipkorte For me, the bloating kind of comes and goes. I’m lucky to not have experienced any constipation though. It depends heavily on what I eat though. How fun to have a friend pregnant at the same time! 

AFM, I was psyched to be going out of town this weekend without my husband and kid and getting lots of sleep…that didn’t happen. I pushed my flight from yesterday to today and slept a total of about 3 hours before waking up with endless anxiety about my flight, hotel, and rental car. So now I’m on my way to the airport. I’ll land with about 4 hours until the wedding, spend less than 24 hours in CA, and hopefully hop on a flight home tomorrow morning. And I have to work Monday. It’s going to be really exhausting. 
  • @iiirene that sounds exhausting!! Hope you have a good time at the wedding (and no flight delays!)
  • @nsk489 exhausting but worth it. It was a fun wedding and great to be there for my friend. And now we have exactly 0 plans until the second week of November. I fly standby so the trip home might be long but I am at least very well rested tonight having slept in a hotel room all by myself with no toddler to wake me up at the crack of dawn 🎉