January 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms Sept 19th

Happy Monday!  Drop your Qs and thoughts here.

GTKY: What's your favorite fall meal? Bonus points for the recipe!

Re: Weekly Randoms Sept 19th

• Just had my midwife appt and she mentioned from my anatomy scan I’m measuring a week ahead! Anyone else in this boat? I knew he was going to be big but man lol. 

Fave fall meal: stews and apple crumble. Could eat both all the time! 
  • @anniez85 I had the same thing, he was measuring between 3 days to a full week ahead at his scan. She gave me the impression that it’s pretty common, but both me and husband were bigger babies too.

• Loading the player...
  • @cc_clark thanks! This makes me feel better but the midwife kept mentioning on how we were going to need to keep an eye on things so I got a bit concerned. My husband was a bigger baby but I was smaller so I guess I was hoping for a medium baby lol. 
  • Does anyone have any secret tricks for sleeping without so much hip and back pain?? I woke up 4 times in a 6 hour span from hip pain alone. I’ve always been big in my hips, even in my thin days, but I’ve never had such an issue with laying comfortably 😩 I’ve tried a mattress topper and full body pillow.
  • @anniez85 they can be off on size in ultrasound by a full pound (and often are) so don’t worry 😉 

@cc_clark same boat! Only way I’m surviving is the pillow between the knees, changing sides frequently, stretching lots and chiro/massage!
  • @cc_clark same! I have a full body pregnancy pillow which does help me, but some nights I still can't get comfortable. Considering seeing my PT soon as it's starting to bug me during the day too. Stretching helps as well. Good luck!
  • I made a regular schedule of chiropractor and massage as it’s the only thing helping with all my aches and pains these days. My benefits run out soon but it’s worth it. 
  • @anniez85 I’m planning on going until all my benefits are used up too! I may get lucky and make it to the new year when they renew because I didn’t start to use anything until a few months ago!