1st Trimester
Options

4 weeks pregnant

I just got a positive test yesterday (3 actually cause I wasn't convinced) took another one today that said yes or no and it was a YES. I am 37 my doctor knew I was trying to convince (talked to him on the phone 2 weeks ago). Should I call first thing tomorrow to make an appointment? Or wait a week or so? (I do have thyroid issues as well). Sorry haven't done this in 17 years and I never found out this early with my first, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!

Re: 4 weeks pregnant

• Options
    There's no reason not to call tomorrow. Your first appointment may not be for a few weeks, but if nothing else, calling early gives you more available time slots to choose for your appointment to match your schedule. Congratulations!
  • Options
    Call asap. It is too early for them to scan.
    They can order HCG, estradiol and progesterone tests to lab. They do not even need to see you if they are full. They can get lab results by end of day and confirm HCG number (HCG) and give you prescription  based on numbers (hormones for luteal support). They can also order more tests every 2 or 4 days to make sure it is.progressing as planned.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    atlgagrl said:
    Call asap. It is too early for them to scan.
    They can order HCG, estradiol and progesterone tests to lab. They do not even need to see you if they are full. They can get lab results by end of day and confirm HCG number (HCG) and give you prescription  based on numbers (hormones for luteal support). They can also order more tests every 2 or 4 days to make sure it is.progressing as planned.

Yeah most offices will not do all of this unless you have documented issues or were on fertility treatments (I’m assuming OP was not). 

Just call sometime today to get an appointment. If you aren’t having issues they may not see you til 8-9 weeks. 
  • Options
    Yeah, call and they will tell you what to do next. What PP said - may not even happen and honestly I have never had a dr office order labs w/out being seen.  HGC levels were never given w/ me. 

They will more than likely schedule you around 8 ish weeks.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I have an appointment tomorrow. I haven't been able to speak with anyone could just schedule it on there online portal. Very frustrating! I can atleast get the order for the blood test since they won't give you one without seeing you.