May 2023 Moms

Thyroid Celebration

I made it to the pregnancy board!

I've had 2 pregnancies in the past that didn't work out. My LMP was August 13th. Over the past year I've had weird, short, non-ovulatory cycles, sometimes as short as 17 days 😩 I take levothyroxine for thyroid issues, which is actually what got me to start ovulating the last time I got pregnant!! The doc upped my dose in July, and I felt very strong ovulation pains August 22nd-24th. Just like I used to 😊

My cycles when I ovulate had been 23-24 days, so a little precarious still. We BD on the 22nd only. I started feeling weird stuff in my pelvis exactly a week later! On the 30th I had a BFN. On the 31st, I had a faint line that only showed up after the valid time limit. The next few tests did the same things. Vvfl, but pink when it dried. Then, I started spotting thin reddish brown blood. I never needed more than a panty liner. It lasted 7 days, and there were a few days of cramping.

My first HCG test was 9/6 and it was 99! Now I'm up past 2000 :) my first ultrasound is on the 27th. Unfortunately even after increasing my dose in July, my TSH level shot back from 2.5 to 5.1... so the doc added a couple more pills a week and I have to keep getting tested... hopefully nothing else goes wrong!

Re: Thyroid Celebration

• peachinolivepeachinolive member
    edited September 2022
    Dang I even read the entire rules thread. I thought other people might have thyroid issues 🤷‍♀️
  • I have thyroid issues, and honestly I’d love to jump on this thread.

Sooo happy for you, I have 100% faith your baby will be healthy. This is my first baby and was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s last year after years of struggling with an answer. It hadn’t affected my thyroid level until I got pregnant (5.4 TSH) so my midwife put me on levothyroxine for the first time .25mcg. I couldn’t help but be a worry wart about starting a new med during pregnancy, but everything I research said it would be way more dangerous if I did nothing. I trust this wonder drug and feel greatful we live in a time where we can take it. We both will have happy healthy babies. Cheers!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for sharing. I just got the phone call today at 10 weeks that my levels are high and have to start meds. I’m so scared, as an endocrinologist (in another city) never put me on meds when I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 5 years ago. To have completely new doctors and get this new medication (the only meds I’ve ever taken are vitamins) is worrisome. But from what I’ve been reading it’s necessary. 
  • I had a total thyrodectomy due to Graves’ disease and am in synthroid. I used it for my first pregnancy and this is my second. No issues with the medication thus far. More so for me is ensuring I can get a quick response my from endocrinologists office in tailoring my dose. Throughout pregnancy your dose may change. For me its about 20% more in the first trimester then somewhere in the second it goes to about 10% more. After delivering goes back to normal dose. I feel best when I ride lower end of the tsh spectrum. However there is a crossover point in mid to late pregnancy when a little higher tsh is recommended. 
    Good luck to you! I hope the medicine helps you feel better!