May 2023 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 9/14/22

What's got you going WTF and ranting this week? 

Re: WTF Wednesday 9/14/22

• Options
    I'm a day late, but my WTF is this headache and the fact that I can't take any good drugs for it! 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @abjm0325 Ugh, I've been getting on and off headaches too, which is rare for me. Maybe it's a combination of pregnancy and weather changing. I wish I could take an Excedrin! 

Here's my WTF for the week. Up until March of this year, my mom and MIL each took care of DD two days of the week while I take care of DD on Fridays. (My daughter was born before the pandemic, but this setup was a HUGE help when everything was shut down and I was still expected to WFH.) My company and I agreed for me to take Fridays off before DD was born and I expect to keep this schedule until this current baby is in full-time preschool or kindergarten. Right now, they only take turns watching her on Mondays while DD goes to preschool. So on Monday, MIL told me that at some point after I announced my pregnancy to everyone in the family, she turned to my mom and said, "Does this mean we go back to our old schedule? :) " And my mom just looked at her and said, "I hope she starts working part-time."
    :flushed::rage:
    This is going to be a fun conversation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hestia-is-wearie uh oh. Childcare can be such a headache. It’s a lot of the reason there’s such a large gap between my son and this one. Hope it works out for the best!! 
  • Options
    @hestia-is-wearie Good luck with that convo! I sincerely hope y'all can figure it out. Childcare is one of those things I'm stressing about bc I don't live close to anyone and don't have family support. My parents suck. 😏