1st Trimester

Possible ectopic?

TW: BFP, Ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage

I’m losing my mind having to wait for a definite answer! I got my BFP at 11 DPO. I got HCG and progesterone blood work the next day (because I have history of low progesterone and miscarriage and needed supplements for my previous pregnancy) and my HCG was 42.18 mlU/mL. Two days later my HCG was 53.38 (13 DPO) This concerned my doctor so on 17 DPO I came in for an ultrasound and more blood work. They could not see anything in my uterus and doctor thought I may be having an ectopic. Well, my blood work had come back at 256.82 (17 DPO) and then at 535.30 (19 DPO) which made the doctor thing maybe I am just very early in the pregnancy and too soon to be detected on ultrasound. I am scheduled for another ultra sound in three days when I would be 6 weeks pregnant. I have not had any spotting at all. I have had mild cramping, like very dull period like cramps in my uterus but nothing one sided, intense, or long lasting. But I also don’t feel pregnant in general. I’m trying not to get my hopes up because I am worried it is an ectopic. Any stories to give me hope or comfort?

Re: Possible ectopic?

• Hi!!
    Wanted to ease your anxiety a bit because I have a history of ectopic pregnancy. With mine, my hCG would spike, drop, spike, plateau, drop etc. I also had a severe, sharp pain to my left side (the side that ended up having the ectopic), and significant bleeding x3 days - along with a terrible gut feeling that something was terribly wrong, despite doctors in the emergency room telling me I was fine. It is totally normal not to see anything that early on an ultrasound. Our medical technology today can be great for so many things, but unfortunately this early on sometimes all it does is cause worry. Try to listen to your gut, not your anxiety. That has been my biggest lesson in my now second pregnancy. If you haven’t already, ask your doctor to order serial hCGs. You’re going to be okay! 🤍
  • Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am sorry for your loss! I appreciate your kind worlds! ♥️ Hoping for the best tomorrow 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Loading the player...
  • Ultrasound today showed healthy baby with heartbeat snug in my uterus!! 🎉
  • That is great. So glad it is not ectopic.
    You may have miscalculated dates or it may be late implantation.
    Now that there is heartbeat, your risk goes down. 
    Very happy for you.