EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie?

Re: Weekly Check In 9/12

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 12+2, due 3/25

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Roll of film (for you young people, that’s before digital cameras existed!) 🤣

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Today I have my NT scan and 12 week OB visit. I’m super paranoid they will find something bad because I’m AMA. 

How are you feeling?: The nausea pretty much vanished this weekend. Hoping it’s for real and not a false start! Still very tired and sore/achy. 

Rants/Raves: Coffee tastes good again!! My rant is that I started looking into breast pumps and I’m sad they discontinued the trusty PISA. What they replaced it with gets really bad reviews. Im upset I’ll probably have to go with something else. 

Questions: None that I can think of!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Show-wise I loved Family Matters, Full House, pretty much any TGIF show. Movie-wise I loved A League of Their Own. 
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited September 2022
    Thanks for making me feel old lol @Wishilivedinflorida I'm also looking forward to the breast pump product Spotlight. I had issue with breastfeeding last time. And issues with pumps so I need recommendations. That's next week's!! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19, 13w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Team blue/pink/green: finding out today!!

Upcoming Appointments: have my MW appointment today. I'll get my NIPS test results 

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good. Nausea is minimal, I'm still tired, and still getting some head aches but not as bad. My body is starting to hurt. I had a chiro appointment yesterday which I really needed. 

Rants/Raves: No rant today. Rave is I was talking to my husband yesterday about how I need a break and requested a weekend to myself he was all for it. But then we got talking into why I want the break (I have no time to myself and feel I'm getting very short with D and H). He said doing one day or weekend isn't going to fix it long term and said that I need to schedule time for myself 5-10 times a month to have an evening to do whatever I want. I was almost in tears. I avoided bringing up the topic to him but he was so supportive about it. I'm planning to go to a movie by myself. Actually I do have a rant. He just told me that starting today, he's working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week for 2 weeks. So I get zero help for the next two weeks. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? I don't remember. 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • @miss_lynn9 I did a lot of internet research on pumps yesterday and have some friends who recently had babies so I feel a little bit better but I’m sad my old parts and bottles likely won’t work. But honestly they probably needed replaced anyway. I’ll post my findings next week but I’m interested to hear from everyone here who has had a baby more recently than me! Praying for good NIPS results!
  • DD / Weeks + Days: March 14, 13 weeks 6 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: early October

How are you feeling?: nauseous most days, pretty tired overall

Rants/Raves: I had a great day yesterday with almost no nausea! I finally ate what felt like normal food. And then this morning, I started feeling nauseous and threw up. I hadn’t thrown up in a week so though my nausea was going away altogether, so I’m just disappointed that today is rough again

Questions: For you lucky moms who’s nausea/morning sickness finally subsided, did you have a mix of good and bad days and before the good days became more frequent? I’m just curious if it is getting better for me (like a gradual change) or if I should be expecting to wake up one morning and have nausea be a thing of the past. The back and forth is discouraging.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? I loved the movie A Litter Princess as a kid, and of course anything Disney
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 30 - 11w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime/ As long as a bobby pin

Upcoming Appointments: End of the month - getting closer!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good - Its hard to remember I'm pregnant. I am anxious to see the baby again at my appointment and "make sure I really am pregnant" haha.

Rants/Raves: Rave: My skin is cleared up again - Makes me lean towards thinking I am having a boy again - who knows. Rant: I am still losing hair like crazy (my regular MO) - my last pregnancy I quit losing it at some point but I don't remember - anyone else in this boat? or has anyone stopped losing hair?

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Beauty and the Beast and Little Women - I was also pretty partial to Barney as a toddler haha.
  • @miss_lynn9 - I hear you on the 12 hour shifts - H works a 4x4 with 12 hour shifts. Those days are long! I'm so glad your H was so supportive about you carving out time for yourself. It is super important.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 12+3

FTM/STM/TTM+:. STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Team blue/pink/green: not sure yet

Upcoming Appointments: I have my NIPT testing next week.

How are you feeling?: blah. Not as bad as weeks 6-12, but still need that ginger and B6+Unisom plus the other nausea medication to get through the day. 

Rants/Raves: We are going on a field trip tomorrow! (I teach 4+5 grade). It's just a hike through the city with some team building and some writing mixed in, but it will be fun! Taking public transit both ways to the start and from the end of the hike which is the most nerve+wracking part.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? I know my favorite movie as a teen was (I mean, might still be...) Lilo and Stitch! I really liked the Cosby Show as a kid and I'm annoyed that I'm not supposed to like it anymore. Like we can't like R. Kelly or Michael Jackson cause of what they did. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks today.

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Team blue/pink/green: waiting to find out at anatomy US

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan in October 

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty positive tonight. I did a prenatal fitness class for the first time which was challenging but felt good. I do wish the nausea would disappear though. Also the heartburn is getting real!

Rants/Raves: Rave - I've been able to start cooking again, which kind of took a back burner all summer while I just ate what I could. I still get nausea but I think having the motivation and ability to cook again is a win! Rant - I am trying to hide my pregnancy from the kids I teach just a bit longer but I'm really starting to show... I don't think this is gonna last much longer. 

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Homeward Bound 2. We had that one on VHS and I never saw the first one, but I just loved the second one. Also, The Lion King.
  • @youcanhavemanhattan lion king is so awesome! I literally just rewatched it last weekend and then we watched the new live action one. That music **chef kiss**!

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21st / 13 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon/ Pokémon card

Team blue/pink/green: still waiting to find out 

Upcoming Appointments: some type of check in Appt on Friday hopefully we’ll get our NIPT results then

How are you feeling?: finally not so tired but I’ve had headaches every evening for almost a week. Going to ask the doc about that on Friday. Im hoping it’s just from the 100+ degree heat and the wildfires that have been happening in my area. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - this Thursday is a business tax deadline for us and getting responses for these returns is like pulling teeth. I feel like people think I ask questions because I’m nosy - I like legally have to know these things for the returns. Rave - nothing very fun has been happening here lately and I’ve been too tired to go out so we downloaded Disney Dreamlight valley - it’s like animal crossing. Completely obsessed! Husband and I have been having so much fun playing it together. 

Questions: anyone else getting horrible headaches?!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Anything Disney - I watched Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, and Pocahontas on constant repeat as a kid. Meg from Hercules is still my girl crush. I’ve been rewatching them all lately getting super excited to introduce them to baby once they’re here.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 16w? I think? / feb 28

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Team blue/pink/green: pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound end of sept. 

How are you feeling?: I’ve had a migraine for the better part of a week now, and it’s really getting old. Yesterday was actually a good day and I thought I was over it but NOPE 

Rants/Raves: my 4yo started kindergarten this week - she does NOT want to go in the mornings and it’s a big fight to get her on the bus (rant) but she comes home bouncing and telling me all the fun things she did (rave). Hopefully she figures out soon that she actually wants to go! 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? I was obsessed with the aristocats. Best movie ever, I know 😂

@disneybaby23 with you on the headaches - I’ve been struggling. 
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited September 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5 / 15w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan next month

How are you feeling?: Still pretty crappy at times. I keep waiting for my 2nd tri energy, but it's not quite here. Also, my blood pressure has been low in the mornings, making me nauseated and dizzy.
    Rants/Raves: Rant: My BIL and SIL are being petty over some drama that happened, and have cut off contact. They also tried to get my husband fired (from the job he was about to quit).
    Rave: DH has turned in his resignation letter and is taking the next steps to getting his own business on it's feet. I'm super excited for him!
    Questions:
    GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Narnia. I had that movie memorized!
  • @disneybaby23 I've been getting headaches which isn't normal for me. I've found that caffeine makes them worse. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/14 14weeks today! Hello second trimester! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Baby is the size of a(n): peach 

Team blue/pink/green: pink (not sure I trust the sneakpeak test yet though) 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: somedays much better. But Sunday was much worse for some reason. I got violently sick after eating a cookie 😫

Rants/Raves: The weather has finally cooled off!!! It looks so gloomy today and I LOVE IT! 

Questions: can’t think of anything..

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Beauty and the Beast or Anastasia 
  • @youcanhavemanhattan I’ve finally had the desire to cook too! I think it helps that it’s finally cooled off here so the kitchen isn’t a miserable place to be. Still getting nauseous here and there but I made banana bread this morning and it smells wonderful! What have you been cooking?
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 03/31/22, 11w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM (but it's been 24 years...)

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Team blue/pink/green: hoping to know soon

Upcoming Appointments: NIPS 9/23 and follow up 9/30

How are you feeling?: Slightly better overall, but still get nausea, headaches, bloating, fatigue, etc, and the ever present sore boobs.

Rants/Raves: Had to go bra shopping yesterday and actually get fitted. Finding that underwire bras are sitting on my ribs and making me feel constricted. Wouldn't it be nice if every company used the same size standard?!?! Then I wouldn't have had to try on 14 different bras in about 6 different sizes to find one that was comfortable. Ugly (sigh), but comfortable.

Questions: Anyone else struggling with prenatals? My gag reflex is so strong I can barely get them down. Considering switching to a gummy.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Batman (the original show) and The Man From Snowy River.
  • @megelise1980 I HIGHLY recommend gummies. Been a lifesaver for me. 
  • @megelise1980 my doctor told me that whenever possible I should take the prenatal because it has iron. Gummies don’t have iron in them so I switch off depending on what my brain can handle each night. I had a super scary choking incident years ago and I get really stressed out whenever I swallow pills so I take the gummies most nights or I take the big ones with some yogurt or a mini scoop of ice cream just to help them slide down a bit better. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/20 13+1
    FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #7
    Baby is the size of a(n): my boys were very excited about this one- matchbox car though we are more of a hot wheels family 😂
    Team blue/pink/green: find out at the end of this month!! So ready! Still thinking blue! 
    Upcoming Appointments: supposed to be yesterday but I had two sick kids and was sick myself. Rescheduled for next Wed. 
    How are you feeling?: like poop. Nasty bug on top of my usual all morning sickness, constant nasty taste in my mouth, headaches, and exhaustion
    Rants/Raves: Rants- I'm struggling so bad with keeping up my house. It's so bad right now. My husband has been averaging 70hrs a week and is traveling back and forth out of state so he's been no help and my boys are fully taking advantage of it. I feel like if I could get two good days in a row I could at least get a handle on it but I'm still feeling so blergh. Rave: I've been having bad headaches, not the rave part 😂, and my usual, peppermint tea or a teensy bit of oil on me is a complete no go. Instant puke. Coffee has also been a no go. But I finally, out of desperation, tried the pre-made iced coffee from the store and it actually stayed down and helped with my headache a little. I'm calling it a win!! 
    Questions: Na. 
    GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Ooh another tough one. The Classic Bugs Bunny were probably my favorites. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 30, 2023

Baby is the size of a(n): lime!

Team blue/pink/green: my heart says blue, won’t find out for another 8 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday, to meet the new doc, I have been waiting to hear this little ones heart beat again for 3 weeks now, it can’t come soon enough!

How are you feeling?: stressed, annoyed that i only have my fleeting symptoms to let me know my little one is okay in there, fricken exhausted

Rants/Raves: rants- i am sick of being miserable at work. I hate this hot summer weather and really need it be fall. 
    Raves- unfortunately none this week

Questions: nope!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Movie- The Adventures of Milo and Otis
    show- Spongebob
  • @disneybaby23 and @gravcass thank you! I might look into an iron supplement just by itself. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2022
    @megelise1980 make sure it's slow release and add a stool softener if you get a plain iron supplement. They will make you miserably constipated fast otherwise!

ETA Disclaimer - that should be talk to your Dr about adding first always. I've always been told to add one buuut your Dr may say otherwise. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited September 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 14+5 / March 9

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Maple Leaf/ Peach

Team blue/pink/green: it’s a girl! 

Upcoming Appointments: Had some more bloodwork for a likely low thyroid today. Another midwife appt at the end of the month. 

How are you feeling?: Starting to get my appetite back! I ate all of my dinner tonight and even my daughter was like “woah!” 😂 Just generally feeing more bloated and rotund by the end of the day. 

Likely unrelated to pregnancy but my mid back is killing me these days. Could be that I sit like a gargoyle while I work. Could be. 🫠

Rants/Raves: Rant: My boss (CEO) has it in her head that the only way she will survive my being on leave this spring is to have us hire basically a substitute VP for me. Ummmm no, for SO many reasons. Not the least of which is my team’s morale (who are all well tenured and know their shit)- they’re fully competent to pick things up in my absence. Also, way to make me feel *immediately* replaceable and like I want to take the shortest leave possible?! I finally said: “Look- I have some thoughts on hierarchy and how to handle all of this. I think this won’t be quite the weight you’re anticipating falling to you.” And that seemed to help but I’m also very frustrated that all three times we’ve talked about this, I’ve voiced sincere concerns and she’s pushed back. I fully intend on taking my whole 12 weeks but gosh it makes me so anxious thinking of some rando subbing for leading my department while I’m gone. Rave: Husband and I celebrate 10 years married this Thursday, and daughter turns 7 on Saturday! She also starts her fall rock climbing class on Thursday and dance classes Sunday. So proud of her! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? My cousin and I used to be obsessed with All Dogs Go To Heaven and The Land Before Time. And of course Lion King/ Little Mermaid/ 101 Dalmatians/ Mulan
  • @cheznet oh man public transit for a field trip makes me anxious just thinking about it!! I get anxious making sure all my kids get on the school buses after our field trips! I count the kids like 9x before we leave just to make sure 🤣

EDD / Weeks + Days: 14+6, March 8

Baby is the size of a(n): peach, donut

Team blue/pink/green: blue! Boy mama 4 life

Upcoming Appointments: October 20 for anatomy scan! OB scheduled me 6 weeks out instead of 4 weeks since I’d only be at 18 weeks for the US so that’s fun lol.

How are you feeling?: pretty good actually! Just some sore feet because I wore the wrong sandals to school today and as a kindergarten teacher I rarely sit so that’s going to be fun as this pregnancy goes on 🙃

Rants/Raves: I’m starting to get a hang of our new reading/writing curriculum. It’s so intensive and none of us like it but I’m just taking the lessons a day at a time. Wish we had something more appropriate for kindergarten than what we have but not my choice!! 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Oh gosh the three movies that come to my head first are It Takes Two, The Land Before Time, and The Lion King. I watched them constantly! I was also a big Sesame Street kid (and my grandma credits the show to me being an early reader lol).
  • missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited September 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 15 weeks, 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Team blue/pink/green: We'll find out at the anatomy scan (but were told it looks like a girl)

Upcoming Appointments: Early October

How are you feeling?: Great, besides a few mild headaches. I don't even feel tired or ravenously hungry anymore. I did randomly get a monster zit under my chin last week, though.

Rants/Raves: Rave: Getting along great with my husband this past week. Rant: I have no idea what (if anything) we're doing for Thanksgiving this year. He can't travel to the US because of the vaccine requirement for foreigners, and my family's plans are up in the air.

Questions: Does anyone have advice for how to avoid/minimize stretch marks? Or are people more of the mindset that the creams are a scam / it's all genetic / who cares? 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? The Sound of Music, What About Bob?, Father of the Bride. Show-wise, I liked everything on Nickelodeon.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7, 15 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Magic 8 ball

Team blue/pink/green: Either

Upcoming Appointments: Mid October 

How are you feeling?: Hungry..of the time! And tired. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- We have a bunch of wildfires near my house, so the Air Quality level has been unhealthy for a few days. Which means the kids can’t go outside for recess…🥲 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Anything Disney! I think my absolute favorite was Hercules or Lion King. 
  • @disneybaby23 I have been loving playing Dreamlight Valley, too!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 12 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): hacky sack

Team blue/pink/green: Sneak peek says pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Starting to get energy back but still have occasional bad days.

Rants/Raves: My daughter had her first day of preschool on Monday and I was an emotional wreck. It was our first time ever leaving her with someone else; she's always had at least one of us around. She did great, though, and had a blast.

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Home Alone. For some reason, I was obsessed with those movies as a kid. For shows, I liked anything that was like a game show, like Legends of the Hidden Temple.
  • @missmuisq my best friend swears by Bio Oil for stretch marks. I don't know whether it's true or if she just has amazing genetics (maybe both) but I'm giving that a try.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 20…13 + 2

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: first appt with OB tomorrow! I was with a fertility clinic up until 10 weeks even though we ended up getting pregnant naturally. Looking forward to meeting the OB

How are you feeling?: I’ve luckily had a very easy 1st trimester. I think I’m starting to feel less tired now. The only lingering annoying symptom is that I HATE water. It makes me want to gag so much! 

Rants/Raves: just excited about our OB appointment tomorrow and I’m getting a prenatal massage today! I work at a fitness club and normally get a free massage every month but haven’t had one since June so I cannot wait! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Loved Little House on the Prairie haha! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 15th. 14 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach!

Team blue/pink/green: NIPT says pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: Next midwife appointment is on March 27th. 

How are you feeling?: Still tired. I was super grumpy this morning, but I feel better now. Monday I had horrible nausea, but that’s calmed down. Hopefully it’ll be smooth sailing from here.

Rants/Raves: My company’s HR has been super flighty about whether I get paid maternity leave or not which pisses me off because he had a baby two weeks ago. 

Questions: NA

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Shirley Temple movies! I knew them all by heart. I also loved Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid.
  • @lightintothevoid wow I can’t believe how cagey the HR guy is being. Make sure you get his response in writing. Hope he lets you know soon and that it’s good news! 

Omg I forgot about Shirley Temple. Now I have animal crackers stuck in my head! Lol. 
  • @disneybaby23 I definitely will! It’s been over a week since he last responded to me. 😑

On the bright side, I do own almost all of Shirley Temple’s movies on DVD, and I’m so excited to share them with my daughter!! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/21; 13w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: um. Not sure what this means? 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon 

Team blue/pink/green: NIPT says PINK

Upcoming Appointments: Just had a successful 13 week check up. Heartbeat 155bpm

How are you feeling?: overwhelmed. Tired. Emotional. 

Rants/Raves: Healthcare is too damn expensive, even with insurance. 

Questions: Managing pregnancy with a toddler… tips please! 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood show/movie? Loved Disney movies & Faerie Tale Theatre. 
  • @ladysalzberg FTM = first time mom, STM = second time mom, etc 😊
  • I forgot to post but NT and labs came back low risk! This AMA thing this time around has been stressful.