1st Trimester
Options

Yoga during pregnancy?

I am 13 weeks pregnant and I have started having more energy so I decided to get back to yoga classes. I've done plenty of yoga in the past but it's been over 5 months since I doing IVF and was told not to do much of anything other than walking. 

I went with a friend last night but got there late so I didn't get a chance to tell the instructor I was pregnant. It was a light flow class. We did twists, downward dog, and other poses. I modified as I could like not doing cobra pose because it's on my stomach. But I still can't stop thinking about whether or not I should've been doing it. 

After going through IVF, I'm so worried about doing anything to harm the baby. Has anyone else been doing yoga and not had a problem? Or any other similar stories to share?

Re: Yoga during pregnancy?

• Options
    I don't have an answer or advice. But I have the same question! So I'm following along. ❣️
  • Options
    foxofmoorefoxofmoore member
    edited September 2022
    I am 11 weeks and I do prenatal yoga, I was doing intense yoga for 6 months before to help heal my back but switched over to pre natal yoga when I found out I was preggers around 5 weeks. It is pretty low energy (they have high energy ones too but I have not gotten to that yet) and the only twists are upper body twists. Sarahbethyoga is who I really like, she is very explanatory, I bought her subscription awhile back but she has a lot of her videos for free on youtube. She always says listen to your body and always take modifications or a more comfortable pose if a certain pose is too much or does not feel right :heart:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think a lot of the poses to avoid is more of a concern in later pregnancy. Baby is still very protected within the uterus and pelvis when you're in 1st trimester and early 2nd trimester.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    You are fine, and you would have been fine on your stomach as well. There is no problem lying on your stomach until it’s uncomfortable for you to do so. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses y'all! I really appreciate it. The Internet can make everything we do when we're pregnant sound so scary. ❤️