Weekly Check in 09/05/2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What traits are you going to work on yourself so that you are a better parent to your child? (Think generational taught behaviours, so you parents yelled now you yell and if this is something you don’t want to do to your child how are you going to work on it!?)  

Re: Weekly Check in 09/05/2022

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/5 22+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Guinea pig

Team blue/pink/green: Pink (finally found out!)

Upcoming Appointments: Echocardiogram on 9/12

How are you feeling?: Overall great, wish I could feel movements already.

Rants/Raves: This sharp pain in my groin/hip area is killer. But all the doctor said is to stretch more. Ummm, ya. That's not helping. 🙄

Questions: Is it weird to throw your own baby shower? We just feel that this was our choice to have a baby so it shouldn't be anyone else's responsibility.

GTKY: What traits are you going to work on yourself so that you are a better parent to your child? Not pushing the idea of "finishing everything on your plate". It's not been a healthy habit as an adult and it's a hard one to break.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 31st / 19 weeks! 
    Baby is the size of a(n): mango
    Team blue/pink/green: pink
    Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan next week
    How are you feeling?: almost normal, taking advantage before 3rd tri hits
    Rants/Raves: Rant: on vacation and we have 3 days of rain! Rave: running has been close to pre preg feeling, just with more bathroom stops.
    Questions: is anyone avoiding holiday travel given Jan due dates? 
    GTKY: What traits are you going to work on yourself so that you are a better parent to your child? I think I'm pretty patient but toddlers test that, going to have to up it when my attention is no longer available undivided.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @willrunforcookies we are traveling for Thanksgiving but not for Christmas. At Thanksgiving I'll be 33-34wks which the latest my OB recommends traveling safely. 

@greenbean88 I went to a baby shower hosted by the parents. It was pretty low-key, they just called it a "baby-Q" (instead of BBQ 😆) and it was fun!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 21+3, Jan 14

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Team blue/pink/green: Green 

Upcoming Appointments: Telehealth appt at 24 weeks

How are you feeling?: no complaints! My sleep was pretty terrible over the long weekend, but i can't blame that on the pregnancy (but I can blame my toddler! Lol)

Rants/Raves: it was DS's bday this weekend! He's officially 2 😭. He was so sweet during his party (although I'm not totally sure he understood that we were all celebrating him). Other than that, we didn't do much over the long weekend!

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: What traits are you going to work on yourself so that you are a better parent to your child? 

I can always work on my patience, as well as not letting my frustration get the best of me. Kids are hard sometimes, but it's not their fault.

• Options
    @greenbean88 it's weird only because sometimes it's seen as gift grabby throwing your own shower, but I've seen invites phrasing it not as explicitly a gift shower so it doesn't come across that way. Are you certain nobody is throwing you a shower, I don't think I was aware of mine being planned until October. 
  • Options
    @willrunforcookies we are avoiding travel late November and all December, mostly because our family is here anyways 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/24 // 20w

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Sept. 13 check up

How are you feeling?: still up and down with anxiety & mood in general. Recently the feeling out of breath has me extra anxious (history of asthma and acid reflux, it’s just a panic reaction even though the sensation is probably normal).

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: natm

GTKY: What traits are you going to work on yourself so that you are a better parent to your child? Soooo many 😅 I recently had the difficult but necessary talk with my mother that she’s not invited to be a part of my son’s life. Drawing the boundaries to keep my family happy and healthy. My biggest focus is probably on finding a balance between putting my son first while still making time for me. Growing up with parents who are selfish, it’s easy to slide into their footsteps or to overcorrect and never take care of my needs (like I did as a kid).

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 22! 10/01/2023

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Team blue/pink/green: PINK💕

Upcoming Appointments: 13th for anatomy 

How are you feeling?: ups and downs, generally just excited to meet this babe when she is ready 

Rants/Raves: I was having a really bad morning feeling super nauseated and stressing over what to cook for dinner because preparing food in the nauseated state is NOT good lol and DH was sweet enough to make a huge helping of healthy pasta and leave left overs for my son and I for dinner tonight so I don’t have to think or worry about it

Questions: anyone else finding the price of things astronomical right now? I’m looking for a dresser for my sons room so I can use the storkcraft one I used in his nursery for this litter girl and I  literally can not find a small 4 drawer dresser for under $400 … the dresser I have for him I paid like $200 for two years ago and now then way $560 for it .. the inflation is mind blowing

GTKY: What traits are you going to work on yourself so that you are a better parent to your child? My parents were huge on my image being perfect if it was at the expense of me mental health or energy etc. things I did were never good enough unless I was the best/ exceeded expectations. Although this has brought great success in many areas of my life I feel like I can never relax now and have a hard time being “perfect” in all areas now that I’m a full time pregnant mom … so I really hope that I’m able to just let me kids be, encourage their good traits and help them succeed to their best abilities in things without making them feel like failures if they aren’t the best, and letting them know rest is ok!

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 23w1d 1/3/23

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: midwife tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. More forgetful and more lower back pain especially when I go on walks.

Rants/Raves: Two raves: DH can feel baby move which has been so sweet. I started a fitness challenge at my barre studio yesterday and am feeling very proud of myself for committing.

Questions: none this week

GTKY: Even though my parents are married, my mom raised me primarily on her own and she did a fantastic job. DH and I are fortunate that we get to raise our kids together but that will come with me having patience and understanding when we may not agree on a parenting technique. We have great communication which I think will come in handy for this. 

• Options
    @willrunforcookies yes. I have a very small family and his is not into that type of thing. My birthday is the day before, so I'm saying I just would like to see my friends and family before I'm too tired and busy.