January 2023 Moms
Options

Round ligament pain

Has anyone experienced round ligament pain that lasts all day. I woke up this morning with sharp pelvic pain and I went to work anyway. While I was there I was vacuuming and it got a lot worse and I wasn’t sure what it was since it had been an hour that the pain was lasting. I went to the ER, perfectly fine ultrasound and I had a follow up with my OB. She told me I was just experiencing round ligament pain that can sometimes be more severe for some women and mine has now lasted all day. It hurts when I get up and walk around, I’m hoping it eases up before work tomorrow. 

Re: Round ligament pain

• Options
    @v_obee could you get a referral to a PT or even a pelvic PT since they would have more experience with pregnancy? 
  • Options
    I actually just had a friend suggest me to a prenatal chiropractor that specializes in round ligament pain! I’m going to go on Monday, but I don’t know what to do about work. I’m a waitress and it hurts to even walk right now :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep! It's been happening daily for 2w+. Only rest and light movements seem to help. I experience deep sharp pain on my left side. I have difficulties rolling over in bed, standing from sitting, carrying additional weight in any form, anything one sided, and of course walking. Dr suggested stretches and continued exercise which don't seem to be helping. I'll be looking into massage and chiropractors soon.
  • Options
    I’m trying stretches! I ordered a belly band which is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I’m calling the chiro on Monday! Hopefully all of these things will help 😫
  • Options
    Seriously consider going to the chiropractor. This has helped me a TON this pregnancy. Last time I thought it was over rated, but if even your back is out of adjustment, it will change the position of your uterus. They are amazing if you go to one who ACTUALLY knows what they’re doing.