April 2023 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Strollers

The Product Spotlight Series continues! Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. If you discover something new or are new to the board, you're welcome to comment on threads like these throughout your time here, not just when it's their week in the spotlight.

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format--or none of them. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome! This week we're talking.... Strollers! 

For S+TMs: 

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite stroller:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts?:

For FTMs

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice:
  • Stroller(s) you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

Re: Product Spotlight: Strollers

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited August 2022
    For S+TMs: 
    • Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice: I dunno, I live in the suburbs and I’m lazy, so I don’t care about jogging/running strollers. That said it’s nice to have a sturdy one for parks.
    • Favorite stroller: Babyzen YoYo stroller.
    • Link/picture: https://www.babyzen.com/
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): pricey. I got it at a Black Friday sale for a lot less than market value, probably wouldn’t buy it full price.
    • What you like about it: super lightweight and folds down to nothing, easy to maneuver, kiddo likes it.
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: folding mechanism is a little tricky to figure out; but once you do it’s a breeze. Needs more storage space for stuff. Looks cumbersome with the newborn bassinet, but I didn’t have it until my son was big enough for the regular seat.
    • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?: I don’t know! We might need a new one but I don’t know if I should go for a double since my son will be 4 when baby is born, or just assume he’ll be out of strollers by then. He loves stroller rides still but might be too big? We’ll have to wait and see. Likely we’ll just stick to what we have: Babyjogger City Mini with car seat attachment for baby. But I would like more storage space and the Babyjogger doesn’t have much, which is my main reason for wanting a new one.
    • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: there was one I borrowed while on vacation in Norway and I hated it. It was super popular there, but the wheels were fixed so you had to lift the whole front for every turn you made and it was SO heavy. It was like $1,500 and my mind was blown how anyone would prefer that and pay so much. I don’t remember the name.
    • Additional thoughts?: Get one main stroller that grows with baby with bassinet attachment or car seat that can be removed/replaced with a regular seat once baby can sit on their own, and one small stroller that can live in your car. I’m not a fan of those cheapo umbrella strollers, but a lot of people use those as their car stroller just fine.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options

For S+TMs: 

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice: When my son was born we lived in a city, we have a Volkswagen Jetta so not a big car/trunk, now we live in the suburbs 
    • Favorite stroller: I still do not feel like I have found a favorite stroller. We have sooo many “modes of transportation” for our son 🤪 that we have acquired over his 2.5 years. The one I use most is our Wonderfold Wagon. They’re super expensive but I got mine on an Instagram giveaway so I paid nothing. 
    • Link/picture: WONDERFOLD W2 Luxe Double Stroller Wagon Featuring 2 High Face-to-Face Seats with Magnetic Buckle 5-Point Harnesses and Adjustable/Removable UV-Protection Canopy, Charcoal Black https://a.co/d/i5qEAmH
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $650
    • What you like about it: I can fit a whole bunch of kids in it so it’s fun to take to the pool when we have friends over. When I have our second, we will move the seat forward and lay the baby on the floor of the wagon. It is essentially a pack and plan on wheels. The seats have magnetic 5 point harnesses. There’s so much room for storage. It can push through several inches of snow because of the all terrain tires. There are a million attachments you can buy. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: it is massive. It doesn’t fit into my car. It would fit in the trunk if I removed the tires but it’s still super heavy. 
    • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?: I’ve had my eye on the mockingbird. I would want to try it out first. I will probably go to Buy Buy Baby and push around a few strollers to see if there’s one I absolutely need but if not we will stick with what we have. I also really enjoy baby wearing so I don’t think we necessarily need another stroller. 
    • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: the baby trend jogging stroller that came with the car seat, which I also hated. The front tires wobbles horribly.
    • Additional thoughts?:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @iiirene mockingbird is the one I’ve been eyeing too! Mostly because if my son is too big he can ride on the board, and if he still fits we’ll get two seats. So it would work either way. My main hesitation is weight, but I guess all (potentially) double strollers are heavy. 

I probably would have gotten it as the main stroller initially, but it wasn’t on the marker yet when my son was born so obviously I didn’t know about it. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @iiirene @etnyah I have the mockingbird!!! I LOVE it! Will post more info on it when I have time
  • Options
    Ah! The thread I've been waiting for!

@etnyah the BabyZen looks SO COOL! I'm definitely interested. 
    @iiirene that wagon is legit looking! 

Here's what I'm looking for: 

Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice: we live in a coastal/beach town & I love going to the beach so we need something rugged. But we also need to drive most everywhere, so it has be compact enough / easy to collapse and hoist into a car. We're also planning to have babies back2back since I'm old and my eggs are already shitty, so we need to consider potentially having 2 kids under 2 (we luckily have frozen embryos, but also hoping to get KUed naturally again since that can happen for us now.) 

Stroller(s) you're interested in:
    So, I'm really curious about the Orbit car seat and stroller. I was basically a 3rd parent for my niece and nephew, so I really got to know what it's like hoisting carseats and strollers. 

Link/picture: 
    https://orbitbaby.com/

Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
    up to $$$ is fine. But not $$$$. Lol. 

Any questions for S+TMs?:
    just trying to figure out the maximize for our conditions above. All my friends are like "UppaBaby! UppaBaby!" And I'm like "I don't want to get an UppaBaby just because everyone has it / you say I should want it; I want to be different." LOL. 

Oh, also... is a bassinet option worth it? Or is it of limited use? 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @acleverusername IMO the bassinet isn't worth it. I just used the car seat adapter and my son rode in his infant car seat anytime we used the stroller. But I also don't live in a "walkable" area/neighborhood so anywhere we used the stroller we were driving to anyway. I just felt like it would be another item that I would have to find storage space for 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @acleverusername uppababy is great, but if you’re going to do back to back babies you’d need the Vista and then you might as well get the Mockingbird double stroller instead. Essentially the same stroller, but for a much lower price because they’re a direct to consumer brand. And this is personal preference but I think it looks nicer! And Uppababy is $$$$$.

And I agree with @nsk489, bassinet attachments are not worth it. I got one for my Citi Mini and used it maybe twice. Since my son was born in winter I envisioned myself using it more and really padding it to keep him warm, but a car seat with a blanket thingy was warm enough. Some bassinets are approved for overnight sleep which can come in handy on overnight trips, but a pack n play takes up the same amount of space and is better suited. Besides, if you get the Mockingbird, the regular seat folds down flat so with a newborn insert you can use it from birth. P sure uppababy vista is the same but I haven’t looked into it. And you’ll probably end up using the car seat more anyway.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    • Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice: When picking a stroller during my 1st pregnancy, I made sure to pick one that could be used as a double stroller bc I knew that we wanted multiple children, close in age. I'm not a runner so didn't need any sort of jogging stroller, and I babywear a lot for walks/hikes so don't need anything that can navigate "rough" terrain
    • Favorite stroller: Mockingbird (to be fair it's the only stroller I have but I do love it)
    • Link/picture: https://hellomockingbird.com/products/mockingbird-double-stroller#31457322631268
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $450 for the single-to-double stroller. You do have to purchase the "accessories " separate (including the 2nd seat for when you want to use it as a double stroller)
    • What you like about it: Looks like some of the more "upscale" strollers (ie Uppababy) but a fraction of the cost. Really smooth ride, easy to push and turn. Huge undercarriage basket. Easy to configure it to different set ups
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: A bit heavy. Takes up a lot of trunk room. But you can remove the seat easily when folding it up so it takes up less room
    • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?: Considering a wagon for future
    • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: I'm not a big fan of umbrella strollers. We didn't bring our stroller when we just traveled to Pennsylvania, and just used a stroller that my mom had. I believe it was a Chicco umbrella stroller? My son just looked sooo uncomfortable everytime he rode in it
    • Additional thoughts?:
  • Options
    edited September 2022

For S+TMs: 

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice: city v suburbs v rural; walkability of your area; car / trunk space 
    • Favorite stroller: I have the Uppababy Vista from DD. I thought we’d have two kiddos closer together in age, but health challenges, COVID, and life had other plans for our family. 🤣  I’ll likely get the ride along board for DD since she’ll be 4.5 when this baby arrives. 
    • I also like our mountain buggy nano for traveling. It’s not the easiest to fold (compared to the gb pocket), but I love that an infant seat straps on and the go to travel car seat (Cosco Scenera Next) also hacks into it to make traveling a breeze. It also fits in the overhead compartment on international flights. 
    • I almost forgot the BOB is great as a running stroller. DH probably uses it more than I do these days but DD is almost 4 and still enjoys riding (and racing) in it. 
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): The Uppababy Vista was probably our priciest kid related purchase 
    • What you like about it: I loved the bassinet portion when DD was little and it has a huge basket underneath to store all the things. The seat is also reversible so it can forward face or rear face. It’s great for multiple kids as well, although we’ve not yet used that option. It is a very smooth ride and we walk a lot so it has been great for our needs. DD rode to and from “school” in her stroller for years (it’s a few blocks walk from our house). 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: The vista is pretty heavy. It’s also large so you need a lot of trunk space. 
    • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?: TBD
    • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: No
    • Additional thoughts?: 
  • Options
    I ended up picking up a brand-new-in-box Thule Sleek, including a bassinet, this past weekend! Saved more than 50% what I would have paid at a retailer. Feeling pretty happy about this choice since it's targeted for more active parents. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    Woohoo! That’s a heck of a deal!
  • Options
    3rd time mom weighing in:
    • Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice: We thought we were going to be one and done, so when purchasing our "main" stroller did not consider the need for more space.  Also we live in suburbia, but off a main road so it's not very walking friendly, we need to drive most places.  We are also a 1 income family with soon to be 3 kids, so price is definitely a consideration. 
    • Favorite stroller:  honestly, my umbrella stroller I got for free on my buy nothing group!  Unlike many of you, I LOVE the umbrella stroller.  Ours is an older version of the McLaren Quest.  It has a decent canopy, reclines, seat depth is adjustable, decent storage basket, maneuvers easily, folds easily, takes up very little space, and is light. 
    • Our "main" stroller is a Chicco Viaro, which I initially loved because of its easy maneuvering.  But the basket is small and it takes up a lot of space for a single stroller.  In the newborn days we usually use the Chicco caddy that our carseat snaps into. 
    • We have also used a Jeep jogging stroller which I liked but it was heavy and cumbersome. 
    • Currently we have and anticipate using the joovy caboose graphite (also a free buy nothing score).  We have a second seat since our middle will be 17 months when this one is born.  Our oldest enjoys being able to hop on and off easily, but that will likely end when this baby comes because there isn't room for a 3rd.  The car seat attachment is awesome too, so we can use that if we need to double stroller it in the early days. 
    • Link/picture: Joovy Caboose Graphite Stroller, Stand on Tandem, Sit and Stand, Appletree https://a.co/d/eXUWoeU
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $119-450 for the MacLaren, but apparently they filed for bankruptcy.   $199 for the joovy.
    • What you like about it:  convenient for more than 1 kid, light, pretty compact, easy to maneuver unlike some double strollers 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything:  the front baby has to face forward, there is no changing the configuration
    • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?: baby jogger city select double, for the easy of changing configurations.   My sister has it and it's a solid stroller, a bit more cumbersome and slightly difficult to maneuver, though.  I would DEFINITELY go for the mockingbird if we had the money. 
    • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: the big jogging strollers just take up way too much precious space, so aren't worth it unless you actually plan to jog with it lol
    • Additional thoughts?: joovy qool seems like it might be an option as it can be a triple stroller in case our oldest decides she wants to be pushed around too, but is comparable to the mockingbird in price. 
  • Options
    Posted as a PSA and posting here too for anyone considering the mockingbird

“Mockingbird continues to sell its single-to-double baby stroller days after Consumer Reports’ safety experts called on the company to recall them following dozens of reports from parents that their strollers had broken in potentially dangerous ways. In at least two instances, sudden breaks caused small children to fall facedown on the pavement at busy intersections.”

• Options
    @ladyofarlington yikes! Thanks for the PSA. That’s the one I was considering, although I was leaning towards not getting it since my son likely will exceed the weight limit not long after baby is born.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Alright, I think I've decided to get a new stroller after all. I was leaning towards making do with what we have, but I can see how another would be convenient. We have a Babyjogger City Mini which is amazing for my son, but the undercarriage storage is tiny, and if we were going to switch it between baby and him it would be a huge pain, since the car seat adapter is really cumbersome to attach and detach. And I also remember the car seat itself being difficult to snap in properly. Not liking the idea of baby being confined to the car seat while in the stroller every time either.

I found a stroller that ticks all the boxes: Chicco Corso LE. Huge storage basket, easy fold, switches easily between infant car seat and big kid seat, big kid seat can also be used with newborns since it reclines flat and comes with a newborn insert. It also has big, cushioned wheels which is a plus. And! It's Chicco, which is the brand our car seat is as well.

It's 30% off today and tomorrow. It has great reviews, but I've never heard of it before and don't know anyone who has it! Does anyone have this, or have tried it and can give me feedback?

https://www.chiccousa.com/shop-our-products/strollers/full-size/corso-le-modular-stroller---studio/08079557080070.html
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @etnyah FTM here, so I am not speaking from my own experience, but we are very likely going with the Bravo LE system (I believe the only major difference is the handle material?). One of my husband's co-workers highly recommended it, and we really liked it when we looked at it a couple weekends ago. Everything about it seemed very functional. The snap in and removal was easy, as well as folding it up with one hand. It is a little heavy once folded, but I feel like all of the ones we were looking at were about the same weight. 
  • Options
    @etnyah and @trubaby411 my sister has the Bravo system and loved it for her first.  She has since gotten the baby jogger city select single to double stroller with ride on board and that's what she uses now with 3 kids.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @etnyah don't forget to use the code BUMP2022 for a 75$ discount if your total is 299 or more!  We used that code when we bought our carseat.

Bummer, the code can't be combined with sales :(
  • Options
    Thanks, all! I think I might go for it, especially since it’s so affordable right now. I looked up cons and they’re all stuff I can live with (non-adjustable handlebar, no parent console or kid snack tray etc). 

The Bravo system looks good too but it’s lacking some things I want, like the parent facing, flat reclining seat so newborns can use it too. That’s really selling the Corso for me, plus snapping the car seat into the big kid seat probably makes it pretty heavy (that’s how the baby jogger city mini works and it’s definitely on the heavy side). 

@scaredunprepared I looked at the city select too! I think ultimately I’m steering away from double strollers as I’m hoping my son won’t need it as much for long, but it’s good to have the option for him to use it if he does need to. 

The city select weight limit only goes to 45 lbs while the Chicco corso can handle 55, that’s a pretty big difference. And if my son ends up needing a stroller for a looooong time, my trusty city mini can handle up to 65 lbs which is awesome. And then baby girl will be big enough to walk, or if we’re out as a family we can bring an umbrella stroller for her. When she’s tiny I’ll just bring a carrier if my son needs to use the stroller and I have both kids solo (which probably won’t be the case very often). 

Okay, I’m definitely overthinking this. I should just get it, lol.

DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @etnyah sounds like the Corso is a good fit!  Go for it!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I did! With the 30% off discount it was pretty affordable too. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    FTM here- is it best to get a travel system right off the bat? Or is it better to choose a good car seat and stroller separately?  Looking for safety, functionality, and affordability. 

Appreciate any advice! 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited November 2022
    @begb9 I didn't choose a travel system right off the bat last time and I kind of regret it tbh! I found a great stroller that worked for us, and a separate car seat. I just made sure there was an adapter so it could be used as a travel system, but I didn't take into consideration that different brands don't always play nice with each other. The stroller (baby jogger city mini) and car seat adapter for the chicco keyfit car seat was a bitch to use together. Separately they're both great, but if you think you'll use the car seat with the stroller a lot, it's better to get a set since they're made for each other. It's usually also cheaper to go that route too since most brand knock off a little bit of the price when it's all bundled together. 

Edit: Of course, if you have your mind set on a specific car seat or a specific stroller, and you don't like the selection of the matching stroller/car seat, it can be tricky. I knew I wanted the baby jogger stroller, but the car seats from that brand aren't very highly rated. If you're more flexible than I was it'll be easier to find a good travel system!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @etnyah so helpful- thank you!