May 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms: 8/29/22

Our weekly chit chat thread! What's on your mind, ladies?

Re: Weekly Randoms: 8/29/22

• My son is sick :( he woke up overnight with a fever and little boy is miserable today. It sucks that there’s not much I can do to help. He’s been awake for a total of ten minutes so far today. 
  • @ashleyp625 Oh no! Hope he feels better soon. I'm nervous going into this fall/winter because this will be my daughter's first cold/flu/COVID season in a childcare setting. Fortunately my parents live in town if I need to isolate somewhere.
  • Loading the player...
  • It’s so tough :( luckily he’s been in daycare since he was tiny, so we’ve gotten a lot of that out of his system, but I’m sure we’ll have our fair share of kindergarten colds this year. 
  • ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited September 2022
    Whew I’m exhausted. My son’s daycare/camp is closed, so we hosted his friend today and they’ve been bickering back and forth all day. My house is a mess. I’m done for the day. 
  • @ashleyp625 Ugh, that's exhausting enough even if you're not pregnant!

I have something going on every day from now until Wednesday, so I hope the crippling first tri fatigue holds out until after it's over! I'd hate to fall asleep at DD's first soccer lesson :grimace:
  • @ashleyp625 That sucks you havent gotten a break, I hope this weekend is relaxing for you. My kids have all been sick since school started two weeks ago, oldest just tested positive for strep. (UGH)

F the holiday weekend with trying to get 48 hr hcg testing done. Dr wanted it done asap when I saw him Thurs afternoon, and everywhere around me (even the hospital outpatient labs) are closed today and Monday. He will have to make due with Friday/Tuesday and if anything I'll have to do another on Thursday I guess. Anyone else having to do bloodwork?
  • Ha, anything but relaxing- we took a trip to the state fair and stayed at MIL’s last night, but we had a great time. 
    I really love dole whips 🤣
  • @dolewhipper I haven't needed bloodwork, but a few people have asked about HCG levels. Maybe we can start a bloodwork thread!
    Your username is making my mouth water too. I haven't been to Disney World since 2000 and I can't wait to eventually take DD (and this little peanut!).
  • I was waiting to take my almost six year old until he was old enough to remember but if we wait until both are ready, the magic might be gone. Hopefully we can swing it in two summers (next year we’re supposed to visit DH’s Arizona family - we’ll see now bc of Bebe)