EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant?

Re: Weekly Check In 8/29

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5th, 13w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a(n): matchbox car

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday (I thought it was Sep 1, but apparently it's the 7th)

How are you feeling?: Queasiness comes and goes, but I'm not nauseated anymore. I had a bad morning Saturday where I woke up dizzy and my blood pressure kept dropping. I ate and drank a bunch of water and it went away. I'm also falling asleep any chance I get now.

Rants/Raves: Rant: My bay in the garage is packed full of remodeling stuff and things that DH needs to sell. It's been full for almost two months now, and I want my van back in my garage! Waaa!
    Rave: We went to an amazing seafood place in town that has authentic Louisiana boils. I ate a full pound of snow crab by myself.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? In the mornings, protein shakes or yogurt smoothies. But when I'm pregnant, those are no go.

@muggsd - An evening to yourself sounds like a dream!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marebear15 it was even better cause I wasn’t feeling great still, so I didn’t put pressure on myself to have the house clean and just took it easy. Amazing. 
  • Options
    @muggsd sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you got a chance to relax!

@marebear15 omg snow crab sounds amazing! I'm salivating thinking about crab legs and butter lol. DH is allergic so we don't go to a lot of seafood places unfortunately. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Team blue/pink/green: green for now

Upcoming Appointments: OB and US appointments in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, getting some headaches, and the morning (all day) sickness has been pretty bad the past few days. I've been feeling better towards the end of the day though, so that's good. 

Rants/Raves: Loving spending time with DD while she is still an only child.

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? SUSHI!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  March 9/ 12w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): KitKat bar (6cm)

Team blue/pink/green: can’t wait to find out, but thinking girl?

Upcoming Appointments: Had my 1st trimester scan today, and go for my 1st midwife appt tomorrow. Had to flip flop them since I leave for work travel tomorrow night and don’t return until after 1st tri is done! 

How are you feeling?: Evening nausea is still a constant, though I managed to eat dinner last night! Granted, it was buttered noodles like a picky 3yo, but I’ll take it. 

The out of breath thing is really frustrating. It’s honestly bonkers to me just how breathless I get from doing something not at all intense.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I have to fly to Nashville for work tomorrow night…and fly home Thursday night. Aforementioned evening nausea with this is going to suck. I really wish I had an excuse to not travel, but I really need to be at this onsite. Rave: we fly to Chicago (at 6am) on Saturday to visit my bestie and her family for a few days! We haven’t seen one another since summer 2019 so it’s going to be so wonderful to catch up in person ❤️

Questions: na

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? Mmmmm Indian food. Frankly I could go for that. BRB..texting husband to pick it up 🙃
  • Options
    heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited August 2022
    @TortugaAzul I don’t plan on making a public registry since this is Baby 2 (even if they are 7 years apart….and we are starting from zero on things 😬), but I did start building out carts and lists from Target and Amazon so I can start mentally getting a sense of the things we need and slowly make purchases throughout the next couple of month. It’s helped to quell my anxiety a bit and now that I’m past 12 weeks I’m feeling like I can start actually buying some stuff 🙂
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7 - 12weeks 6 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:  FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum/Lemon

Team blue/pink/green: we find out in 2 weeks or less!

Upcoming Appointments: Another physical in a month.

How are you feeling?: The same as what @TortugaAzul wrote! I’m so over feeling horrible. 

Rants: I underestimated morning sickness. I really though it was something that usually was mild and lasted a few weeks. But this is moderate and has gone on for months. I’m very grumpy about it. 

Raves: My mom came to visit on Friday and we heard baby’s heartbeat together at my physical. It was amazing!

Then my mom stayed until Sunday and helped me do yard work and clean the house. And when I say she helped me, she did 90% of the work while I laid on the couch with an ice pack on my head eating crackers. 

Dark chocolate with every meal! Now I can only have little bits once every few days. I don’t have an aversion but my stomach has been extra sensitive with pregnancy and chocolate doesn’t help so I’ve had to limit it. 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul  We haven’t started a registry but we’ve started going to stores and looking at items in person. I think I may start an excel spreadsheet to keep track of ideas before creating the actual registry. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19 11w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Team blue/pink/green: got my NIPT test done today so hopefully know soon! 

Upcoming Appointments: Hormone tests Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: on and off nausea, exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: we drove back from Kelowna yesterday. It was supposed to take 10 hours but it ended up taking 14 because the main road between Golden and Banff was closed due to an accident so I had to detour. It was not pleasant with a toddler that didn't nap. 
    Rave: the water was out at my work so I got to WFH, which allowed me to rest. 

Questions: Any other STM here that gave birth during the midst of the pandemic and didn't get all the typical new mom things like baby shower? I gave birth right at the beginning of it and I didn't get a shower, I wanted a party after she was born. I feel like I want to do something fun for this baby. I don't want gifts or anything just a meet and greet, make up for what I missed. Anyone else? 

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? Sushi! Damn I miss it. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/31/2023 9W4D

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Team blue/pink/green: not sure.

Upcoming Appointments: first appointment today (8/30/22)

How are you feeling?: nervous, excited, exhausted, nauseous)

Rants/Raves: none at the moment

Questions: none I can think of at the moment I’m sure I’ll have some eventually.

Chinese definitely! Since I got pregnant I can’t look or smell it without getting sick.
  • Options
    @youcanhavemanhattan - Thankfully little babies don't need a ton, and usually sleep in your room for the first 6-12 months. So you're not missing out on a ton there. I would look at the mini cribs or mini playpens. A nice chair/rocker might be nice if you don't have a recliner in your living room. A small portable changing area, and you're good to go!

@TortugaAzul - I've been adding and deleting things on my Target and Amazon registries. Adding so I don't forget them, and then usually buying them with an order so we don't have a huge expense at once. But then again, baby #4 doesn't need a ton. It's just replacing things that I didn't like or need more of.

@excitedforpiscesbaby _ I'm so sorry your morning sickness has been so rough. I remember when I first came out of it with my 1st, I felt like I'd been in a dark hole for 3 months.

@miss_lynn9 - For my 3rd baby we had a baby party. It was just family, gifts were optional (but all my sister's love to buy the cute baby clothes), and we had a cake. But it was basically one of our normal birthday parties, just with a baby bump. Super low key.
  • Options
    @excitedforpiscesbaby that’s exactly why I’m doing it. Plus there is a small discount if you wait til closer to the end to make purchases. This is our third but we’re starting from scratch this time and I want to make sure we have the money to get what we need. 
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy, I had a spreadsheet of everything I needed, where to buy it, and the amount I expected to spend on that item,. Then I entered the actual cost I spent. It was fun to see how much I saved going for deals and buying second hand. My computer broke and I lost it unfortunately.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7, 13 weeks exactly 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Team blue/pink/green: Either! 

Upcoming Appointments: Sept.8

How are you feeling?: Tired and sore! My feet/arches really started to ache more than usual yesterday, and random joints have begun to ache too. My nausea comes and goes, but mainly appears when I have a lot of mucus in my sinus or a lot of drainage. 

Rants/Raves: 

Rant- The summer heat needs to go away. It’s suppose to by 100 tomorrow, and it’s the first day of school🥲 Then high 90s the rest of the week. 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? Deli sandwiches 😭 That was a my go-to for lunch and now I have to figure something else out this school year😅 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 13 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Team blue/pink/green: NIPT says boy

Upcoming Appointments: first meeting with MFM doc later this week to check on baby due to my type 1 diabetes & age.

How are you feeling?: Tired but otherwise great. I get full easily so breaking meals into half, but no nausea.

Rants/Raves: Got our NIPT result back today, low risk for everything so we're finally ready to announce our pregnancy! 

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 14 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach (last week it was a lemon - according to The Bump - and I have to say I think of lemons as bigger than peaches!)

Team blue/pink/green: Looking like pink

Upcoming Appointments: Dr's appt at 15 weeks next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Fine, definitely fatter

Rants/Raves: Rant - My husband and I have been fighting a lot. It's draining and discouraging. Rave - I can finally properly rant about it to my mom with all the context, now that we finally announced to them last weekend.

Questions: Have any of you read any pregnancy/parenting books? I just finished Expecting Better and am open to recommendations.

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? I'll say Mexican/Tex-Mex. Living in Colombia the past 10+ years, I've found that most Americans tend to assume that all Latin American food is like Mexican food. All I can say is, I wish! Mexican and Peruvian are the two standout LatAm cuisines ... Colombia has a few decent things but doesn't hold a candle to either of those countries  :'(  
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 13

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Baby is the size of a(n): Pokemon card!

Team blue/pink/green: gender reveal (very small) this weekend! The results are sitting in my MyChart just burning a hole.

Upcoming Appointments: cardiology today and 4 week ob appointment tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: Good. Honestly forget I'm pregnant sometimes. 

Rants/Raves: I'm scared for my BP during this pregnancy. They're doing great things with management but I've seen the bad stuff happen to patients with pregnancy related cardiomyopathies. It's a bit overwhelming.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? Tons of veggies and spices (but not spicy)
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: I thought I was right around 10 weeks, but at my appointment yesterday they moved me back to 8w4d. I know when I ovulated because I was cycle tracking and that just doesn't make sense. It would also push my due date back to 4/7. The midwife swears that that the ultrasound is the most accurate thing (though she also told me it wouldn't see a baby smaller than 10 weeks so if I really was 8w4d, how could we have seen the baby??).

Baby is the size of a(n): *shrug* ??

Team blue/pink/green: Unknown. Thinking of trying one of those at home sneak peak tests.

Upcoming Appointments: 9/14.

How are you feeling?: I have felt pretty good during the day but dinnertime onwards has been rough lately.

Rants/Raves: Seriously. I also couldn't have found out I was pregnant when I did if I was only 8w4d. It would have been too early for the test to pick anything up.

Questions:

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? Sushi. I have been craving raw fish so badly. It was the hardest thing to give up with my last pregnancy and one of my first meals after DD was born.
  • Options
    @noxacanthus Was it a portable small unit? Often the US machines the midwives or offices use are not the best and can be inaccurate if the image quality is poor. Also if she said it would be hard to see before 10 weeks that makes me wonder about the machine quality. 
  • Options
    @missmuisq   crib sheets was a great book to read! 

@noxacanthus I agree with @Wishilivedinflorida I thought and was told by my MW that you can detect at 8 weeks. I went on at 8w2d and was pushed back to 7w5d and there was clearly 100% a baby in there. 

• Options
    @firecracker_mama is yours high or low? I’m worried about mine too 
  • Options
    @noxacanthus - Is there anyway you can get a scan at an imaging center? I feel like 1.5 week discrepancy is a lot.
  • Options
    @noxacanthus I agree with the other ladies; a good ultrasound unit can definitely see things before it actually looks like a baby, so like even 5-6 weeks for a sac and fetal pole. I went in at 9w3d based on LMP, but I ovulated late so I was pushed back to 8w1d, which I went in expecting. If you're 100% sure of your ovulation date, then I would try to get a scan somewhere else just to confirm. Do you also see an OB in addition to your MW? OB offices tend to have nicer ultrasound units that might give a more accurate result. 
  • Options
    @noxacanthus Is there a chance you ovulated twice and only caught the first one? My mom found out she would sometimes ovulate twice in a cycle so maybe that’s what happened for you? But I agree that if you can get another US done I would. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 8; 13 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team blue/pink/green: found out today team BLUE again from NIPT results!

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: not bad! Gonna get out my baby Doppler to check to make sure he’s doing okay in there. Haven’t quite felt flutters yet so a mama worries.

Rants/Raves: mostly work rants with young children being young children 🙃 rave is that we don’t have to buy much new stuff with a 2nd boy lol 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? Crab legs, ice cream, pizza, tacos. But I eat all that pregnant anyway because it’s all okay food to eat lol
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 30 - 10w+0d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments:  End of Sept

How are you feeling?:  Weird - I haven't been having many symptoms overall but then I was super nauseous and actually vomited over the weekend so who freaking knows. It's almost like my brain doesn't feel like its real still. I feel like I will feel like this until we see babe again so who knows.

Rants/Raves: Rave: H let me sleep almost all day on Sunday. It was fabulous. 

GTKY: What's your go to food when not pregnant? I don't particularly eat that many foods that I can't eat when pregnant anyways - but my new favorite food is buttered noodles with seasoning and parm. Currently cooking some at 8 pm haha.

@noxacanthus - Agree with other ladies - try to get another scan. Thinking about you <3
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 Thanks! I placed a hold at my library.

@youcanhavemanhattan I sympathize and am really interested to know what insta accounts you find! We're also in a 1-bedroom apartment and we both WFH. I'd be happy to move somewhere bigger, but my husband seems pretty set against it, seeing as we'll probably be moving internationally (back to the US) a few months after baby is born. How big is your place? Ours is really teeny tiny, like 50ish sq. meters. Maddeningly, it has two bathrooms! I so wish one of them were a small BR instead. Does your building have an elevator? I'm curious to see how space constraints (and general city living considerations) end up affecting what gear we buy. Also, I envy you your sewing skills!

@marebear15 Mm, I love crab!

• Options
    @TortugaAzul I've pretty much finished my registry. This is baby #3 for us so we already have some things we need (although it took us longer to conceive than expected and we've moved 3 times since our littlest has outgrown baby stuff so we've lost A LOT of what we had) and it's not a very big registry. I use it mostly as a list of what we still need to buy but I also like making a registry because you usually get a discount for them!

@noxacanthus sorry to hear about the confusion with your dates. Not being able to see baby before 10 weeks definitely doesn't align with what I've been told. My clinic waits until 10 weeks to have a really clear picture but most ultrasound machines can see baby well before then. Hopefully you can get another scan and get clarity soon. Thinking of you in the mean time <3
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @missmuisq have you seen the instagram account @600sqftandababy? I really like her posts - they've recently moved into a slightly larger space (not by much) but she has years of content all about living in a one bedroom apartment in the city. There's so many accounts that give me such home-envy, especially when there's so many gadgets and nursery related items I COULD get but don't need. I find her content really down to earth and that it doesn't feed that part of me!

• Options
    @ many people - I should have clarified that it was a small, portable US machine that had the doppler wand, not the vaginal attachment. That's why she said it couldn't be used before 10 weeks. I did go back and look at my chart and I really don't think it's possible to have lost 9 days. That would only leave 4 days between the new ovulation date and my positive pregnancy test - not nearly enough time. I think I will wait for another US before I personally move my due date.
  • Options
    @heytallmama that's great and so exciting!!! 

My results should be released this week but I don't have my MW appointment until the 12th. I'm wondering if she'll call me about it or if I have to wait.
  • Options
    @k_keyser1996 congrats!!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat thank you so much!