Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wednesday 08/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 08/24

• Options
    nicmkwnicmkw member
    edited August 2022
    CD/DPO: 14/1

Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 15

Testing: Sept 9

R/R: I thought y'all might get a kick out of this, but.... Given the stress of the DH and Bestie heading out onto the road on Thursday for the next few months, we all been keeping things light with the TTC stress by declaring the TCC as the house's current 'science experiment'. (You know, as opposed to food left in the fridge or holy-wow how long has that been under the couch??, etc.) What it means is that, clearly, DH and I have to Repeat Our Testing, Enlarge our Sample Size, Consult Peer Reviewed Materials... The double entendre it's getting out of hand in a house full of science nerds. :D At least it's makes the OPK and DTD that much more fun. (Bestie is, of course, the Control in this science experiment and my research assistant trying to figure out how all of the science /ritual magic /fertility witchcraft of the TTC world actually works. It helps her mom is a long time OBG/YN!) I've never felt more loved before they've had to leave. <3  

CS/Q: This is my first cycle actually using OPK and I'm fairly certain I did it right. (No questions at this point, since I was really just trying to establish a baseline.) That said, I'm declaring yesterday my O day and hanging up the Lab Coat for now. If we engage in Round 4, though, you better believe I'm coming out with a 'sexy lab scientist' outfit for my Halloween-adjacent birthday when I fly out to visit them. :D 

• Options
    @nickmkw I love that you're making TTC fun via science!  :D I will admit I've been dabbling in witchcraft myself by seeking out symbols: deer are symbols of fertility, and a young male deer just ~happened~ to appear in my yard the day I ovulated and hung out in my garden for about a week. That's got to mean something, right...?

Btw, nice avatar! Is it an illustration from your book?

Month/Cycle: 3/1AL

CD/DPO: 27/9DPO

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: on CD30

R/R: We got new kitchen flooring installed yesterday and it looks amazing! So glad to finally be rid of the 1970s berber carpet. I have no idea why so many houses around here had kitchen carpeting back then.  :s

CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hestia-is-wearie - That's totally an omen! Go with it if it lifts your spirits. :D 

And hilariously, the avatar is actually a screen shot from a phone game I used to play ages ago. I forget the name of it, but it was basically pretending to be Demi Lovoto on tour. haha You could get a costume for your avatar with wings and I LOVE it. We're still commissioning the art for the book, so hopefully I can have something awesome for November when it's due back to my publishing house! Otherwise, I love using this as an avatar. haha