March 2023 Moms
Options

What are you eating? August

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: What are you eating? August

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited August 2022
    Icees (have to be more tart than sweet), homemade coleslaw (it can't be sweet and soggy), and bread and butter pickles I made with extra vinegar so they are a lot less sweet are winners here lately. 

This baby does not like sweet stuff at all. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I keep joking that this baby is eating just like it’s dad. All I ever want are French fries and spicy wings - things I normally could care less about. Im trying to make up for it by loading up on vegetables but literally all I think about day and night are French fries. 

I haven’t had much in the way of nausea as long as I have something right away when I get up - a granola bar or a corn tortilla with peanut butter are my go tos.

I’ve tried doing those protein drinks to have something quick and easy before work but they’re literally so disgusting. Does anyone have a good brand rec? Most recent were core power strawberry/banana from Costco 🤢

@heytallmama Yes to melons! Omg they’re my favorite. This has been the summer of perfect cantaloupes. I’m so sad for the summer to end. 
  • Options
    Allll the fried foods!! It’s the Iowa state fair this week and I had a corn dog, cheese curds, walking taco and a cup of cookies 🤤
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 omg Buffalo wings sound SO good rn
  • Options
    This pregnancy I haven’t had any cravings but allllll the adversions. I’m struggling to eat veggies and meat which are usually my go to’s since when I’m not pregnant I usually do low carb lol. Mainly eating breakfast foods like eggs and toast. English muffin egg and cheese sandwiches have been awesome lately. My nausea has been mainly in the afternoon/ evening too so I make sure to eat a nice breakfast and just snack the rest of the day if I can. 
  • Options
    My nausea has started to get a little better, so I’m able to eat decent meals. However, when I do eat actual meals I get SUPER bloated and gassy.😅  I try to eat oatmeal with almond butter for breakfast, and then my nausea hits so lunch is hit and miss.😅 My in-laws recently butchered a cow so we have been eating a lot of hamburger dishes, which is fine with me. I can’t eat anything poultry without getting sick…which sucks for my husband because our 10 young hens just started laying.😂😅 
  • Options
    Any time I eat more than half a meal, I get so bloated that movement (even walking) makes me nauseous. So I nibble on a lot of crackers throughout the day. I made the mistake of eating Mexican takeout with rice and beans last week and I was sick for the next 12 hours. Since then I've been trying to avoid foods that might cause gas. Dinner is the easiest meal to actually eat because if I get bloated, then I have an excuse to lay down and go to bed early which helps with the exhaustion. This has been much worse than my last pregnancy during which my only first trimester symptom was exhaustion.
  • Options
    miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited August 2022
    @disneybaby23 Just ingredients protein powders are my absolute favorite, and they are made with all real ingredients so you don't have to worry about that part. I recently tried a sample of PeScience and I really liked it. They have some that are made specifically for oatmeal or coffee. I can't get the coffee one in Canada but I got the maple brown sugar oatmeal one and it's so darn good! I also got the strawberry one but I haven't tried it yet.

I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast. All I want are veggies and light foods. So a lot of salads, my favourite right now are a avocado, tomato and cucumber salad. And a curried chickpea and broccoli salad.  I made spicy rice cakes the other day which was so dang good. 

Add: I am REALLY craving a steak. Like a medium rare bloody steak covered in a sesame sauce. Ugh it's going to be a long pregncy haha
  • Options
    Food is so hit or miss right now. I'm craving sweets/sour items and I had been so good with healthy meals before this pregnancy. Wraps are my go to. If it's not in a wrap and it's meat, it has to be fried. 

• Options
    Okay so the buffalo wings sounded like a great idea but by the time my husband came home with food, I was able to have like, one and then I was done for. Oof. 

Anyone else just not able to cook? Something about the prep of slicing or handling raw meat or just the extra time touching/ smelling food is wigging me out! We desperately need to cook more actual meals and instead have had a steady reliance on stuff that is from the freezer or take out because it's not like I'me eating much of it anyway! 
  • Options
    Fair life Carmel protein shakes literally taste like a milkshake
  • Options
    @heytallmama Im in the same boat with cooking. Which I normally love to do, but the smells of everything.. 🤢 Last weekend I cooked up a ton of ground beef and pre-seasoned it to add to pasta or tacos and while that was miserable to get through 😅 I was able to freeze like 8 family sized servings so I can just dump into a meal later. And we bought a rotisserie chicken that I made my husband shred up. That way I can add protein in with out having to smell it for a long period of time. 
  • Options
    Does a piece of veggie pizza and vegetable soup count as eating veggies? That’s about all I can stomach. The thought of cold veggies makes me gag. 
  • Options
    Grapefruit ANYTHING. Especially grapefruit sparkling drinks from Costco. And then anything covered in a layer of cheese. Preferably a tortilla. This nausea is killing me. 
  • Options
    I've been eating a lot of bagels and grilled chese lately. Small, bland things are the only things that sound good. Although I oddly have a craving for salad and honeydew melon right now.
  • Options
    Hi! Popping back in after a mental health break that included only necessities in life. My husband's health stuff has been weighing heavy on us. 

Anyway, I luckily don't have many aversions this pregnancy. I do have to stick to crispy lettuce like iceberg or romaine instead of leafier stuff like spring mix and spinach. The fact I can even eat a salad is a complete 180 from pregnancy #1. 

The only aversion I have is being scared of ground meat. Not scared in a screaming fear way but I was eating some ground pork and came across a vessel. Normally I'd just be done with dinner then and be fine but I'm dry heaving just typing this i out. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options

Pregnancy dinners be like:
  • Options
    @heytallmama 😅 now I want apple sauce and waffles 
  • Options
    I’m eating Dunkin’s 😂 All I really want is beige foods right now!
  • Options
    @excitedforpiscesbaby I can’t tell if I actually want a bagel sandwich now or if it’ll be like the other night when someone mentioned wings and I immediately felt sick when they arrived. Do I risk it?!?
  • Options
    @heytallmama Risk it! I modified my sandwich for no cheese (so just egg and bacon) and I got the avocado toast as a backup in case 1) the egg was too heavy or 2) I was still hungry. Spoiler - I was still hungry and ate both haha. I also got double hash browns which I think was a little too much because they are oily, but I feel okay so all good. I ordered the mango passion fruit refresher from the app but when I got there they told me it was discontinued! Lame! So I tried the new flavor, blood orange. It was… eh. Wish I had subbed for the dragon fruit strawberry instead. 8/10 experience with points off for the drink. 
  • Options
    Food is becoming more and more of a struggle the past few days.  With 6 boys that constantly eat,  I feel like everything revolves around food. Cooking, eating, and cleaning it up. It all makes me want to 🤮 and I'm really struggling finding things that I can keep down and not feel utterly miserable after eating.  So ready for this part to be over with. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Fruit, veggies and yogurt, mostly. Sometimes I can stomach eating something bigger, today I was able to have Subway. 

I'm with you @nopegoat I'm so sick of constantly thinking about what to make next & then actually making it. 
  • Options
    My toxic trait is getting very specific food cravings and when those foods arrive, being nauseous and unable to eat them. 🙃
  • Options
    @heytallmama I think the first tri food bill is the most expensive part of pregnancy. So much wasted food trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat.  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @heytallmama so hard! I want it all and then I get it and 🤢 Smoothies have been a success 
  • Options
    @heytallmama was just gonna come here to say the same thing. Everything sounds incredible until it’s in front of me, then I want to barf. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat yup! I'm not even trying to meal plan during first tri this time; we wasted SO much food with DD!
  • Options
    Kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips. Yum. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I had plain bread, carrot sticks, and some rotisserie chicken tonight. It was good but took me a long time to eat because I was feeling very bleh. Then when I went to remove the rest of the meat the smell was so repulsive to me I had to stop breathing through my nose 😂 
  • Options
    I'm constantly in limbo right now. I'm sure I've gained like 5lbs already cause the only things Ive truly enjoy eating (instead of just dealing) are sweets. And I'm not a sweets person normally. 
  • Options
    @gravcass SAME. I went to visit my mom the other day and she commented on how big I am already, and I was thinking, it's not the baby its just all the crap I've been eating. Can't wait to eat some vegetables again soon  :D
  • Options
    I am craving all the salty foods and strong tastes. So I eat a lot of pickles, a lot of cheesy things, a lot of Mexican and asian foods. I’m eating like crazy and I have a bump for sure now at 13 weeks but I haven’t gained any weight which is confusing to me but I guess I must need the calories so as long as I eat veggies and fruits along with all these foods I guess I’m okay? I’m worried though about the fact that I’m not gaining weight because I should start soon and the math does not add up with how much I’ve been eating.
  • Options
    heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited August 2022
    @alexa_nikol I wouldn’t stress about lack of weight gain. I’ve actually lost about 7 pounds so far because of eliminating alcohol and the fact I’m rarely able to eat dinner. Everyone gains weight differently, especially this early in!
  • Options
    I’ve had morning sickness pretty much all day so far through out my pregnancy and I’m 9 weeks 4 days and I’ve actually lost weight, I’m sure I’ll gain it back but there is very little I can eat at the moment that doesn’t make me sick..
  • Options
    @alexa_nikol with my second, I lost 5 lbs in my first tri. With my 3rd, I gained 15 lbs in first tri. Both kids are happy and healthy! For me the second tri evened everything out. I’m sure you’ll be fine - first tri is about survival in my mind! 
  • Options
    Currently tearing through a bag of gardettos…
  • Options
    @mamahosch what are gardettos?