Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage help

I will try to keep this short but I really need some advice. I have previously had 2 health pregnancies 2015 and 2018, no complications and  got pregnant on our first try. We have been trying to get pregnant for a few months now but no luck so far. I got my period July 26th (on time) I had taken multiple pregnancy tests the week before up until the day before my period and they were all very negative. My period ended August 2nd but I had some brown spotting in the days after which isn't out of the ordinary for me. It wasn't going away but wasn't getting worse so I decided to just keep an eye on it. Over the weekend I had some dark brown stringy discharge with it but again didn't think to much of it. August 8th it started to get a bit worse with some pink blood and cramping. When I googled it a lot of things pointed to miscarriage so I took another test, it was clearly positive but more on the faint side. I'm confused why it showed negative up until the day before my period but showing up positive now? yesterday it slowed down a bit today but today I'm really crampy again and just passed a massive piece of stringy brown discharge. I have taken a pregnancy test 3 days in a row and its not getting lighter or darker its just staying the same. Has anybody had this happen?

Re: Miscarriage help

• ae1518  If you had a negative test, and then a positive test, you probably didn't have enough HCG in your system to turn the first tests positive.  You apparently do now, which is why your tests are positive.  Please keep in mind that PG tests are qualitative, not quantitative.  Therefore, a line's 'darkness' does not indicate whether a PG is viable or not.  If you think you are having a MC, you really need to call your doctor.  Only they can confirm a MC.  Also, they will tell you how you should track your HCG down to 0, and how long you should wait before attempting PG again if you are in fact having a MC.  
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.