2nd Trimester
Options

Nausea, vomiting and dizziness

Hi ladies! To start, I realize no one here is a doctor (possibly). I've gone to urgent care and called the doctor about the symptoms.

Have any of you experienced vertigo for prolonged periods of time where you couldn't stand, lay down or walk and along with that came nausea and vomiting? I get the symptoms can be normal but I feel where it's been running for almost 3 days now, there may be something going on. If you have experienced this, what did you do to alleviate it? I have to wait until Monday to be able to talk to the OBGYN and I intend to call them. 

Re: Nausea, vomiting and dizziness

• Options
    You're right that this isn't really the place for medical advice, and urgent care/calling your doctor is the best course of action. They're much more likely to help you than anyone here is.

I do wonder, do you have migraines? Have you tested for Covid? Does position make a difference (sitting, lying, moving quickly or slowly, feet up or down, lying on a side vs back, etc.)? Are you someplace affected by heat? Have you had anything similar happen to you before? 

I assume your doctors have given you some ideas on what to do and not do. I would think rest, hydration, and lying on your left side would all be suggestions to follow.
  • Options
    That's the thing, I called the doctor this week, twice. When they didn't get me in the dizziness and vomiting got to be too much. They did give me something for vertigo and they also had me on an IV drip. They discharged me and told me to follow up with my obgyn on Monday, which I definitely intend to do. No prescriptions and I understand why and no directions with the paperwork. They thought I had been dehydrated but the results came back normal. 

I guess I am just wondering if anyone else here has had this same issue pop up and what they have done to alleviate them. I definitely notice when I lay down the room spins. When I stand I'm dizzy or when I am walking or up for too long I get dizzy. It seems to be constant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There was another thread about vertigo somewhere on here - maybe you can look for it? I experienced it in my first pregnancy a few separate times and it took me out for almost a week each time. The best thing I did was go to an ENT doctor who gave me exercises to realign my ear crystals. Doing those helped (and I was in a very bad way, barely able to move). I live in Switzerland so maybe it’s different but my OB/GYN had nothing to offer in this instance and everyone told me it was unrelated to the pregnancy. (Over two years after my first and I haven’t had it since… fingers crossed it doesn’t happen with my second but so far so good.)  Good luck!!