January 2023 Moms

August Symptoms

New month, so maybe some new symptoms, what and how are you feeling?

Re: August Symptoms

• It took me until now to stop vomiting and needing to nap every day but we finally made it lol 
  • Nausea if I don't eat in time. Starting to feel more quickening, and more cravings lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Abdominal stretching and pulling, occasionally round ligament pain, and last time I understood the second tri energy, but I've already napped more in second tri than first this time.
  • I’m still waking up with terrible hunger pangs. The pregnancy dreams have been so exhausting! I had one last night that I was in labor at the hospital and my husband was fishing off the hospital balcony. Then I woke up in a panic thinking the pain was real. 

Also, my belly button no longer looks the same. 😬
  • I’m all about this 2nd trimester 😅

Nausea is finally, finally a rare occurrence. I did not have the healthiest diet by any means before pregnancy, and it’s funny how much your body lets you know in pregnancy! Like I’m normally a sweet tooth and now don’t want sugary snacks at all. Just fruits & veggie snacks lately.

The manic energy is new, and I’m doing my best to channel it into productive things around the house without overdoing anything. Exercising again for the first time in months, too!
  • 17 weeks first pregnancy and I am definitely starting to show now. I feel very sensitive in my lower abdomen. Sensitive to the touch and also just like a sore tenderness. I had some round ligament pain a couple of weeks ago but nothing since. I cant lay on my stomach comfortably anymore and sex hasn’t been feeling great 😞 I’m hopeful this sensation passes.

I swear I feel him moving in there - it’s surreal! I’m pretty exhausted - and I can’t really be in the car for more than 1.5 hrs or I start to feel weird. Headaches have continued on and off oh and constipation 🫣. Overall feeling soo much better than the 1st tri.

Being pregnant is wild. Trying to really soak up this time ☺️
  • Still getting headaches. The nausea has finally tapered off and I want to eat so much. I still only manage small portions about every 2 hours. I've never felt this type of hunger before lol. The nightmares are ridiculous. Lots and lots of round ligament pain. Trying to exercise and stretch more often now. 
  • I’m so glad I’m not alone! The headaches and soreness is making things challenging these days. I also want to eat but can only eat smaller meals so I’m a cheap date :) trying to book more massage and chiropractor appointments to help keep everything reasonable. 
  • Headaches are almost a daily thing, but they’re manageable. Mostly I just feel incredibly moody! Thank goodness my hubby is a patient, hilarious saint who knows how and when to give his pregnant wife some alone time (and come home with flowers and pregnancy-safe face masks for this crazy acne)!!
  • Anybody else still have sore boobs despite being well into the second tri? I don't remember the sensitivity lasting this long before....
  • @jennifer_louise I also still have sore boobs. I feel like they can’t grow anymore and then they just keep on going. 
  • Im 18 weeks now and I haven't had any nausea / vomiting just sore breast at the very beginning. Aside from frequent peeing & constipation lately I've been feeling faint and light headed sometimes really dizzy  
  • @maplemom12 is it all the time with the faintness/lightheadedness? I have a few times gotten it first thing in the morning when I get up and try to make breakfast, just sudden very faint and dizzy. Dr advised it’s likely low blood pressure which runs in my family. I just have to make sure I’m drinking enough water first thing when I wake up and eating enough calories every day. Don’t know if that might help you too!
  • Thanks @anniez85! That makes me feel a little better.
  • @maplemom12 I get the faint/light headedness when my blood sugar drops, emergency Reese's cups are in my purse, and I always have juice in my fridge now. 
  • Carpal tunnel and Swelling ankles are new. Starting to actually be hungry but still never know for what! Starting to feel aches and pains everywhere. Ugh. Trying to drink more water, exercise, and stretch more often.
  • @willrunforcookies I'll keep that in mind thank you
  • @cc_clark A few times a week I'll have to mention it to my ob 
  • I don’t know if anyone else relates, but eating is starting to feel like a major chore. Pre-pregnancy I tended to do a light snack once or twice a day, large meal late afternoon/early evening, and lots of fun drinks throughout the day. I just feel like I’m having to eat all the time now, even trying to pick healthy fats and proteins to go further. It’s tiring 😂
  • Finally starting to consistently feel some strong kicks! Makes it feel real all of a sudden like oh hello little baby!
  • Do you do you know what your having or a feeling of gender?
  • I’ve been having significant pelvic pain for about 2 weeks with certain movements, like if I lift one leg to get dressed or if I’m doing dishes and shift my weight from one leg to the other. I had my 20 week appointment yesterday so they confirmed I’m not dilated and did a urine test to make sure there’s no bladder infection but it feels more muscular/bone. I did some of my own research and it seems to match all of the symptoms of symphysis pubis dysfunction. I’m going to order a belly band now to see if that helps. First time pregnancy for me, has anyone else ever experienced this? 
  • @maplemom12 - I still get dizzy from time to time (also have low BP from my mother).

One other thing that worked for me and a friend is: drink warm salty water. 

Sounds weird, but you may need it to rebalance your BP and possible lost electrolytes. 

My friend used to boil her (clean) greens slightly (even broccoli), added salt, and keep the water to drink afterwards. Her dizziness pretty much ended. 

Good luck!
  • I just had morning sickness for the first time since week 10 or so, and boy did it catch me by surprise! Afterward, I had a rashy thing going on all over my face, almost like bruises but not so pronounced. It’s just the weirdest thing! The redness is still there but I’m hoping it goes away soon. So bizarre. Just when the acne was gone, I get more weird skin symptoms! 
  • @jesofthenorth I get that too! I believe they’re just broken capillaries and they go away after a couple days. I’ve gotten them pre-pregnancy around my eyes but since getting pregnant they also show up around my chin. 
  • This one's weird, but is anybody drooling like crazy??! This could be my most disgusting symptom to date. I've been changing my pillowcase every day.....
  • @jannifer_louise you definitely make more uhm fluids pregnant hahha by this point in pretty sure we all have an extra full pound of fluid running through our bodies! 
  • It’s only took until 20 weeks but I’m confident to say my sex drive is soaring 😆 one of my (and my husbands) fav parts of pregnancy for sure LOL only things is this time around I just feel super fat, whereas with my son I felt sexy with a cute little bump as my son was always head down and I carried low but baby girl is high and transverse which makes for an interesting shape on my short torso. Thankfully my husband does a good job at making me still feel beautiful and we can always turn off the lights hahaha 
  • @knottie....... Sorry, I couldn't reply to you directly. I've been feeling similar pain and it's horrible! I've never heard of symphysis pubis dysfunction and when I looked it up, my symptoms match too. Started 2 weeks ago and I first noticed it after swimming. I took the weekend to stay off my feet and that helped a lot but it's definitely still there. I have sharp pain in my left inner thigh/groin area. I can lift my leg and move it without resistance or weight and it's fine, so it's not a strain or injury to the muscle. But shifting weight seems to be the worst (getting dressed, stairs, getting in and out of seated positions, etc). I have my anatomy appointment on Thursday and I'll have to ask. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much to do to heal, only tips to manage the pain.
  • @greenbean88 pelvic floor physio can help a lot with true SPD! As can chiro/massage with focus on releasing the muscles in the glutes. I suffered from SPD with my first and THEN sprained my public symphysis giving birth so as expected it’s back this pregnancy too BUT this time I’m doing pelvic floor physio AND seeing a massage therapist monthly and it’s helping A LOT!
  • My hair texture started changing in my previous pregnancy and now it’s getting more and more curly, but only in the back 😆 I’ve always had straight hair. Would be cool to go totally curly but not sure if that will happen or if I’ll have half and half hair.
  • Anyone else having trouble feeling they’re getting a full breath? I’m no stranger to breathing discomfort from unchecked acid reflux or asthma, but the past several days it feels like nothing triggers it. Just a constant feeling like my chest just can’t expand all the way, like my torso is too heavy to breathe properly. Is this just par for the course and I’m doomed the next 20 weeks? I don’t see my dr again for a week+ and don’t want to overreact