Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

What’s up with this formula?

This is Enfamil Gentlease. We have a Brezza that always mixes the formula really well. This has been sitting for about 15 minutes. The top layer isn’t bubbles because 1) the Brezza doesn’t introduce that much air and 2) it’s been sitting still. I’m not going to give him any more of it, but I want to know why it did this. We’ve used Gentlease for almost two months and I’ve never seen this. Is it a bad batch? Usually I don’t leave it sitting that long so maybe it’s normal and I just haven’t seen it before?

With the formula shortage I would hate to have a bad container, but I’ll be using a different canister until I figure this out. Hopefully I’m overreacting. 

Re: What’s up with this formula?

• Options
    It looks like it separated similar to how breast milk fat separates. You could always try the other canister and see if it does the same thing. But If you never let it sit that long then it could be normal. I never used that kind or the baby brezza so I wouldn’t know for sure. But I have seen formula separate when left out for a while. 
  • Options
    Update: I did a chat thing with enfamil’s RN service. She said sometimes it does that because they use some kind of tree gum to keep it suspended properly and it is affected by temperature and humidity. Basically just shake it again as long as it’s not an hour old.