1st Trimester
Options

Morning sickness in first trimester

Hi all!
I am not pregnant yet but soon to be TTC. I am curious, I know everyone is different. How bad can the sickness be in first trimester? I have a family members wedding later this year that I am the MOH in and I am concerned about being really sick as my mom was.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Morning sickness in first trimester

• Options
    You can have none or it can be very severe. Also, it’s misleading that they call it “morning” sickness because it can occur at any point in the day and is most definitely not limited to the morning. There is absolutely no way to know what it will be like for you and none of our experiences will help you or can give you any idea. 
    Fwiw, it’s been different for me in all of my pregnancies ranging from barely any to dry heaving most of the day. 
  • Options
    Did you take anything that helped? I am was excited but now worried about getting pregnant, as awful as that sounds. I am married and ready, but do not want to ruin the special day. I also do not ovulate regularly so I need help from the doctor, so I don’t want to hold off any longer than I need to 🙁
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are lots of remedies and different meds drs can give depending on severity. 
    IMHO a pregnancy lasts most of a year- so it will impact life and then continue to post pregnancy. There really isn’t a perfect time and no matter how much planning you do - you still have very little control over when it actually happens. If you are close friends with the bride- I think she’d get it - just don’t announce your pregnancy at her wedding !!!😂
  • Options
    Would never!!! Thank you so much for the response. This helps! 😊
  • Options
    I found that exercise helps with the nausea in the morning. Also for me eating some bread right when I wake up to soak up the lactic acid in my stomach helps stabilize the nausea in the mornings. Then I snack often, on saltine crackers, hot water with lemon, and definitely eggs. I avoid anything with acid: tea, milk, etc. good luck!